PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's predictions from 2002: So good that at first I thought the speech was faked

Anti Federalist
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Paul Mulshine at the Newark Star-Ledger

Ron Paul's predictions from 2002: So good that at first I thought the speech was faked

Published: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 4:12 PM

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2012/07/ron_pauls_predictions_from_200.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUTPBP8yHz4&feature=player_embedded

When I first saw the above video, I thought perhaps someone had edited it to make it seem like Ron's predictions from 2002 were more accurate then they were.

Nope.

When you watch the C-SPAN version below you see the exact same remarks verbatim, without the added commentary.

Just to make sure, I sourced this back to the original page on C-SPAN.Note at the 1:28 mark where he predicts "Some of our moderate Arab allies will be overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists."

Got that right.

And then there's this from the CNN transcript (which is in all CAPS for some reason):

THE UNITED STATES, WITH TONY BLAIR AS HEAD CHEERLEADER, WILL ATTACK IRAQ WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORITY AND A MAJOR WAR, THE LARGEST SINCE WORLD WAR II WILL RESULT.

MAJOR MOVES WILL BE MADE BY CHINA, INDIA, RUSSIA, AND PAKISTAN IN CENTRAL ASIA TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHAOS FOR THE PURPOSE OF GRABBING LAND, RESOURCES, AND STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES SOUGHT AFTER FOR YEARS.

Go to the bottom of this page for a rolling transcript of the entire speech (with some typos). Another fun line:

DURING THE NEXT DECADE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL BECOME POORER AND LESS FREE, WHILE THEY BECOME MORE DEPENDENT ON THE GOVERNMENT FOR ECONOMIC SECURITY.

And then:

I HAVE NO TIMETABLE FOR THESE PREDICTIONS, BUT JUST IN CASE KEEP THEM AROUND AND LOOK AT THEM IN FIVE TO 10 YEARS.

Ten years out, the only thing wrong with these predictions is that he wasn't pessimistic enough.

I'm sure that many of those in the chamber on that day and also those watching the speech on C-SPAN, asked themselves "Who is this nutty naysayer?"

Turns out he wasn't so nutty after all. And he didn't say quite enough nays.

Imagine if he had gotten up there and predicted, "The U.S. will invade Iraq with no plan whatsoever for policing a hostile populace afterward."

They might have sent the men in white suits for him.

Nobody could be that dumb.

Alas, Bush was.

It's amazing how much Ron got right.

As to what he got wrong, we don't have the draft yet.

But just give President Obamney some time.

PolicyReader
07-16-2012, 11:22 AM
+rep and shared

Dublin4Paul
07-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I've seen this before, and it's just as powerful as when I first saw it. That last split second of him sitting in the oval office really gets me. What possibly could have been....

Anti Federalist
07-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I've seen this before, and it's just as powerful as when I first saw it. That last split second of him sitting in the oval office really gets me. What possibly could have been....

Yah, I saw it a while back, the video is a few months old, but Mulshine's comments are new.

McChronagle
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
unfortunately i believe there is one edit where he says there will be a draft. we can only hope he was wrong about that prediction.

Feeding the Abscess
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
All of these predictions videos and articles, all of this wasted opportunity by the campaign.

We would have been better off using 500k of the $33 million on a good tech team who could design 100s of videos using Ron's articles and speeches instead of paying boobs like Benton and Hack Hunter.

ClydeCoulter
07-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I had to share that link on FB, perhaps it will get people prepared to listen.