PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann says RNC Rules Committee claims RP should be nominated at convention

JamesButabi
07-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Per Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck

FACTS ABOUT A CANDIDATES NAME BEING PLACED INTO NOMINATION AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION!

I have been in touch with a member of the RNC Rules committee over the past 4 days and have been able to confirm a few FACTS about the nomination process.

1. For a candidate's name to be placed into nomination at the RNC you DO need a plurality of delegates from 5 states.

2. Binding and Non-binding distinctions DO NOT have an affect on nominating a candidates name. If "binding" is allowable by rule, (it is not) it would only pertain to a vote taken on the nomination, not the process of placing a name in nomination.

3. The Ron Paul campaign HAS the majority of delegates in the following 5 states: Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, Louisana, Iowa. He MAY have the majority in Massachusetts and Colorado

georgiaboy
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
but every major news outlet just said...;)

MelissaCato
07-16-2012, 10:05 AM
sweet

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 10:07 AM
sweet

Sweet, indeed. What we believed from the beginning, of course.

kathy88
07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank. God. We. Have. Ben.

ClydeCoulter
07-16-2012, 10:12 AM
:D all over my body :D

jbauer
07-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Just because Ben said it doesn't nececarily make it true. The RNC is going to change the rules prior to Tampa.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Just shared it on numerous FB walls. I sure hope he does a report on this so we have more ammo and support.

RickyJ
07-16-2012, 10:22 AM
If for some reason he is not nominated from the floor and allowed to give his speech then things could get very ugly. The RNC has proved that they don't care about rules or assaulting people to get their way. I pray all delegates show up and do not let these thugs intimidate them.

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Just because Ben said it doesn't nececarily make it true. The RNC is going to change the rules prior to Tampa.

I'm hoping it is just Monday getting you down -- it will quite possibly be a fight but the fact that an RNC Rules committee member confirmed our view to media is a good thing, not a bad thing. Because the best way to LESSEN cheating is to have media expecting Ron to get nominated so they actually examine any games Romney and RNC play to try to prevent it, when the rules AT THE TIME OF THE CONTEST permitted it all along. The media of Romney cheating at the end would overshadow any PR benefit of the convention.

If Romney's people are half way thinking this through, they will quit supporting cheating.

KEEF
07-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm hoping it is just Monday getting you down -- it will quite possibly be a fight but the fact that an RNC credentials committee member confirmed our view to media is a good thing, not a bad thing. Because the best way to LESSEN cheating is to have media expecting Ron to get nominated so they actually examine any games Romney and RNC play to try to prevent it, when the rules AT THE TIME OF THE CONTEST permitted it all along. The media of Romney cheating at the end would overshadow any PR benefit of the convention.

If Romney's people are half way thinking this through, they will quit supporting cheating.

^This

Chester Copperpot
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Lock and load delegates

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Remember Andrew Terrell of MSNBC, Ron's last embedded reporter who tweeted the great pictures of Ron's crowds during his speeches?

He wrote this article suggesting Ron Paul's campaign thinks it has a plurality of 9 states.

The Paul campaign believes they have a plurality of delegates in at least nine states and are also represented in non-Romney slates of delegates from other states headed to the national convention. These activists originally supported someone other than Romney during the primaries and aren’t bound by state party rules to vote for the former Bain executive’s vice presidential pick, which could present a challenge to Romney during the symbolic procedure of officially endorsing the nominee’s pick for vice president.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12769516-romney-staff-helps-stamp-out-pauls-longshot-hopes-in-nebraska?lite

--
edit, by the way, I put this thread on the front page.

PolicyReader
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Thank. God. We. Have. Ben.
^This, so very much this. :D

FSP-Rebel
07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Yup, Ben is a journalist among journOlists.

opinionatedfool
07-16-2012, 11:24 AM
http://mediabeast.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Smiley-Face.jpg

Plague-of-Locutus
07-16-2012, 11:28 AM
If Ben can get this credentials committee member on record the claims will carry more weight. It'll force the GOP to eat one of their own or actually allow the nomination to happen. My guess is that the GOP has gotten used to the feeling of egg on the face so they will change the rules anyways.

wgadget
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
I hereby dub thee a five-star thread. :)

georgiaboy
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Couple of clarifying questions, please:

1. Does the rule for nominating require a "plurality" of delegates from at least 5 states, or a "majority"?

2. How does this process of getting put forward into nomination work specifically? Does each state get to put only one name forward for nomination, and each state's delegates vote separately via an internal ballot to determine what name they will put forward? Is this how or why "plurality/majority" is determined/ is important?

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 11:45 AM

1. Does the rule for nominating require a "plurality" of delegates from at least 5 states, or a "majority"?

2. How does this process of getting put forward into nomination work specifically? Does each state get to put only one name forward for nomination, and each state's delegates vote separately via an internal ballot to determine what name they will put forward? Is this how or why "plurality/majority" is determined/ is important?

I suspect each state can only put one forward, and a plurality is required, but Ron has a MAJORITY of LA, ME, MN, IA and NV, at least.

truthspeaker
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow! This is like reading the twilight zone. Awesome. Very unexpected that the RNC committee would concede that.

georgiaboy
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
I suspect each state can only put one forward, and a plurality is required, but Ron has a MAJORITY of LA, ME, MN, IA and NV, at least.

That's the only way it makes sense to me, also.

freedomordeath
07-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I knew this was gonna happen, when the press got involved in Nebraska, its was a) get the est organized against the so called crazy wacko Ron Paulers b) to get Ron Paul losing fair and square on camera c) and finally "a told you so"

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/07/16/the-ron-paul-convention-threat/

here is an extract of the above link

Remember last winter when some smart people were sufficiently spooked by what seemed like a stalemate in the Republican presidential race to predict a brokered convention? Of course, that didn’t happen. But even after it became clear early on that Mitt Romney was going to be the nominee, we still heard fearsome premonitions of how Ron Paul’s supporters were going to disrupt the convention. While the media will be keeping on eye on Paul’s band of pledged delegates in Tampa, the notion that they have the ability to hijack Romney’s party turns out to be another myth. Indeed, with Nebraska, the last state to select its delegates, holding its state convention this past weekend, it became clear Paul’s forces would not even be able to place his name in nomination.

Folks, your country is in enemy hands right now.. as a South AFrican I'm telling you guys now, your country has been hijacked like they did to ours.

In my opionion the best course of action is to simply carry on all the way to TAMPA and get him on the ballot even if he doesn't want it. Every tactic in the book and attempt made to get him nominated so he can give that speech to the convention and the rest of the country.

After Tampa its time to elect Sherrifs, get self sufficient towns in Utah working dealing only in gold and silver to get working models ready to be adopted by rest of country when they see it works. The freestate project is good, but having the freedom to not wear seat belts is not a knock out blow, its getting poeple off the central banking grid providing power to the matrix that will stop the enemy using our labour and resources against us.

freedomordeath
07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Another point if Nevada is in our total control, cant they simply put him forward on nomination as per their interperation of the rules regardless of what the RNC says.

jay_dub
07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
So how does this reconcile with Ron's e-mail to delegates? It's starting to seem like....hell, I don't know what it's like, and that's what's weird.

Do we have a candidate resigned to losing and a grass roots committed to winning? If this is some sort of mind game, it's working because I'm completely flummoxed.

jkr
07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
ROPE-a-DOPE

freedomordeath
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
So how does this reconcile with Ron's e-mail to delegates? It's starting to seem like....hell, I don't know what it's like, and that's what's weird.

Do we have a candidate resigned to losing and a grass roots committed to winning? If this is some sort of mind game, it's working because I'm completely flummoxed.

I hear you, but you can only work with what is in your control. Ron Paul is not in your control, as an individual we do our little bit and now its time to anaylize this mess make a decsion as to what YOU gonna do and stick with your plan. If each one of us did this, then the enemy CANNOT BREAK US, lets get him nominated, he won't turn down the speech if given the opertunity, then who knows, marcles can happen.

WhistlinDave
07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm hoping it is just Monday getting you down -- it will quite possibly be a fight but the fact that an RNC Rules committee member confirmed our view to media is a good thing, not a bad thing. Because the best way to LESSEN cheating is to have media expecting Ron to get nominated so they actually examine any games Romney and RNC play to try to prevent it, when the rules AT THE TIME OF THE CONTEST permitted it all along. The media of Romney cheating at the end would overshadow any PR benefit of the convention.

Double ditto.

Not only should they want to avoid media scrutiny if they change the rules before the convention, but they should also be wanting to avoid ending up in a situation where Ron Paul supporters are so pissed off, the GOP is crippled going into the general election.

They need to allow him to be nominated, and let the convention play out, if they want any hope whatsoever of beating Obama. Anything else is political suicide.

jay_dub
07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I hear you, but you can only work with what is in your control. Ron Paul is not in your control, as an individual we do our little bit and now its time to anaylize this mess make a decsion as to what YOU gonna do and stick with your plan. If each one of us did this, then the enemy CANNOT BREAK US, lets get him nominated, he won't turn down the speech if given the opertunity, then who knows, marcles can happen.

What I'm wondering is how much of this will happen without Ron and his people standing up for this. It seems like the Party could just ignore the reality unless someone shows a spine somewhere. Is the nominating totally in control of the delegates or do we need the campaign also working to make it happen?

freedomordeath
07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
They need to allow him to be nominated, and let the convention play out, if they want any hope whatsoever of beating Obama. Anything else is political suicide. Don't forget the GOP might not mind losing if the enemy is actually trying to contain us vs either Democrats or Republicans actually trying to win anything.

WhistlinDave
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Don't forget the GOP might not mind losing if the enemy is actually trying to contain us vs either Democrats or Republicans actually trying to win anything.

True, but we really don't know how many within the RNC are part of something bigger. I suspect most of them actually want the GOP to win, and only a very few are part of something larger that answers to the puppet masters.

CPUd
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Here is a description of the procedure, as it was explained by RNC Legal in 2008:

Your question is mixing two separate issues. The first issue involves the nominating process,
which requires the majority of delegates from five states to put a candidate's name into the
official nominating process. The delegates from these five states must sign a nominating form,
that is then submitted to the Secretary of the Republican National Convention. After the
Secretary receives these forms, the candidates are announced who have been officially placed
into the nominating process and are therefore eligible to accumulate votes from the national
convention delegates.

The Rules require that a roll call be taken from each state who announces the number of votes
that its delegates cast for any eligible candidates, as well as for any person someone would like to
cast a vote for in the roll call. You are correct that a person does not have to be officially
nominated in order to receive votes, however, this vote is essentially pointless as it will not count
towards the official tally.

Therefore to clarify, a candidate must receive the support of the majority of five state delegations
in order to be officially placed into the nomination. Only candidates that have been officially
nominated can accumulate votes that will count towards the majority of delegates necessary to
officially nominate the Republican nominee for President. The Republican nominee for
President must receive at least 1191 votes from the national convention delegation in order to
receive the official nomination.

Since then 'majority' has been replaced with 'plurality', and 1191 is 1144

NorfolkPCSolutions
07-16-2012, 08:06 PM
When, and not if, the Romney folks cheat, I predict (and I hope there are folks that agree with me, amd will post sentiments reflecting as much,) I hope it will be enough to WAKE FOLKS UP in the GOP to the situation at hand - and bring them to their senses. Nominating Romney guarantees the election for BO. Full stop.

We know this.

When the GOP does change the rules, and does shut out RP, I believe that will accomplish as much. At the same time, the very backlash I predict is coming, insofar as a Romney administration, may well be enough to - at the vey leaxt - bring RP up as a vote for the nomination.

That, in and of iself, may be enough to save this repubic. I believe, without ambiguation, that nothing less than a vote for or against RP will be a bellweather indicating the future course of this nation.

Librty or tyranny. At no point in the last 150 years has the distinction been this stark.

NO ONE BUT PAUL, DAMMIT.

ClydeCoulter
07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Bump for good content...

freedomordeath
07-17-2012, 01:02 PM
just imagine.. pure fantasy, Sarah Palin making some live announcment a week before TAMPA with all major networks on her and they expecting a Romney endoresment and she comes out endorsing Ron Paul and making Americans aware of the puppets. That would be a game changer right there.... its nice to dream sometimes. I know some folk here hate her guts, but I like her esp the 3million fans on facebook that can come our way even if only mutually.

ClydeCoulter
07-17-2012, 01:08 PM
just imagine.. pure fantasy, Sarah Palin making some live announcment a week before TAMPA with all major networks on her and they expecting a Romney endoresment and she comes out endorsing Ron Paul and making Americans aware of the puppets. That would be a game changer right there.... its nice to dream sometimes. I know some folk here hate her guts, but I like her esp the 3million fans on facebook that can come our way even if only mutually.

It would be nice for some in the spotlight to come to the aid of their country and endorse the only candidate that would actually do the right thing. It really would. And they would also place their name into the history books along with Ron and others that came to the aid of their country in the greatest time of need.

freedomordeath
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
It would be nice for some in the spotlight to come to the aid of their country and endorse the only candidate that would actually do the right thing. It really would. And they would also place their name into the history books along with Ron and others that came to the aid of their country in the greatest time of need.

The patriots willing to risk their Hollywood carreers, their high positions in banking, potential judge positions, their political careers... risk it all for the love of their country. Where are these poeple, its a lonely road this fight for freedom.