PDA

View Full Version : RP Forces in NE Fail to Clinch Speaking Slot in Tampa (MSM gets it wrong again)

Constitutional Paulicy
07-15-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/media/k2/items/cache/52ed11c67fd2d0036b67fd5a759c22ea_XL.jpg

Ron Paul Forces in Nebraska Fail to Clinch Speaking Slot for Paul in Tampa
Sunday, 15 July 2012
Written by Thomas R. Eddlem

Paul has won a majority of delegates in four states — Maine, Iowa, Louisiana, and Minnesota — who will be able to vote for him on the first ballot. Under party rules, he needed to garner a plurality of delegates in at least five states in order for his name to be entered into nomination for president from the floor at the Tampa Republican National Convention and to be granted a 15-minute, prime-time speaking slot.

More here....http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/12080-ron-paul-forces-in-nebraska-fail-to-clinch-speaking-slot-for-paul-in-tampa

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but he already had five states at LEAST: IA, MN, ME, LA and NV.

See all the other threads.

The vote on the first ballot is not what we are talking about, we are talking about the vote on the Nomination, which comes before a ballot even exists.

The NEW AMERICAN got this wrong? Doesn't ANYONE actually research this stuff?

--
edit, I tried to register to post a comment and it doesn't seem to be accepting comments. I wonder how the three there got there.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-16-2012, 12:03 AM
It's frustrating as hell isn't it?

It seems the only media we are getting is excluding the facts you just mentioned. It's making me nuts. I would have expected more of The New American.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-16-2012, 12:22 AM
edit, I tried to register to post a comment and it doesn't seem to be accepting comments. I wonder how the three there got there.

If it makes you feel any better, TENO made this comment.......

Tom, whether or not Dr. Paul won Nebraska, or a certain number of states, I don't see why that has any bearing on whether he gets a speaking slot. He could win 10 states and the GOP still refuse him a speaking slot, or he could win zero states and be given a speaking slot.

I don't know why you chose to make that connection in the title of your article. It sure seems misleading. Five electoral pluralities are necessary for a candidate to be eligible to be nominated on the GOP ballot, but I don't believe there is any such iron-clad guarantee of a speaking slot.

Fact is, he has electoral victories in more than the requisite five states, but the GOP is trying to ignore some of them. Still, that has nothing to do with a speaking slot. If they are ignoring their own results to keep him from officially winning the five states, they will also keep him from getting a chance to speak.

If there is a comment you'd like to make, pass it along in this thread, and I'll try and post it in the comments.

JJ2
07-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah, but he already had five states at LEAST: IA, MN, ME, LA and NV.

See all the other threads.

The vote on the first ballot is not what we are talking about, we are talking about the vote on the Nomination, which comes before a ballot even exists.

The NEW AMERICAN got this wrong? Doesn't ANYONE actually research this stuff?

--

Even Ron Paul himself said that he doesn't have the five states.

kathy88
07-16-2012, 05:33 AM
They also used "rump" convention which drives me batshit.