PDA

View Full Version : Yaaaay, STUPID SEASON is here!!

wgadget
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
We now get to witness Obama and the presumptive nominee bicker like two spoiled school childrenover trivialities as our country continues to suffer under political mismanagement.

Anyone remember Romney and Perry acting like idiots on the debate stage? Multiply it by ten. I think by the time this season is over no one will vote for either one of the creeps.

Natural Citizen
07-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes. Well. If it's worth anything, less folks are tuning into main stream cable news. Plus those that do are way old. Right?

oyarde
07-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Pretty much , looks like you two have it .

Gumba of Liberty
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm so excited to stay home and not vote. I wish everyone would do it. How funny, appropriate, and energizing would it be to see the headline: Obama beats Romney 32 to 17 :D

heavenlyboy34
07-15-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm so excited to stay home and not vote. I wish everyone would do it. How funny, appropriate, and energizing would it be to see the headline: Obama beats Romney 32 to 17 :D
I think it's more fun to write in an imaginary name like Mr Giggles or Mr T. :D

Lafayette
07-15-2012, 10:47 PM
I will attempt to watch the 1st debate between Romney and Obama though i doubt i'll last longer than 30 seconds before losing an IQ point.

QuickZ06
07-16-2012, 02:47 AM
I will attempt to watch the 1st debate between Romney and Obama though i doubt i'll last longer than 30 seconds before losing an IQ point.

Do you know when the first debate is?

devil21
07-16-2012, 02:58 AM

When they magically find something to actually disagree on?

QuickZ06
07-16-2012, 03:20 AM

Haha nice. I am just wanting to see the awfulness. One and done kinda thing.

smithtg
07-16-2012, 06:29 AM

I bet they both find a reason not to debate. Again acting like spoiled 4 years olds

smithtg
07-16-2012, 06:29 AM

I bet Obama would disagree on Mitt underwear choice

No Free Beer
07-16-2012, 07:16 AM
there was also a poll out that says a lot of people don't like either of the candidates.

VanBummel
07-16-2012, 07:46 AM
So what will these debates realistically cover? Will it just be gay marriage all of the time? What else might they disagree on?

It's probably just going to turn into another dick waving contest over who will create the most jobs, kill the most 'terrorists', and give Israel the most money.

I'll only be watching so I can read the RPF chat. :)

Kylie
07-16-2012, 08:14 AM
These debates will be an epic drinking game.

Obama, "Uh, um, I, uh".....DRINK!

Romney, "I will fix this, unsustainable, hope, change"....DRINK!

We are going to be wasted two minutes into the first debate, which is the only way most of us will not throw our televisions out the window!

cheapseats
07-16-2012, 09:47 AM

The notorious THEY, like a truly disturbing number of GOP TAKEOVER people, value low voter turnout as a STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE.

jbauer
07-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Thats what I've been saying all this time. WHAT are they going to DEBATE? It should take 2 minutes, yeah we agree on pretty much everything. You want us to talk about gay marriage or dogs on a roof?

Acala
07-16-2012, 09:54 AM
I bet they both find a reason not to debate. Again acting like spoiled 4 years olds

Oh, they will debate. It is necessary for creating the illusion that the people have a choice. Of course the debate will be free of any substance, limited to professionally-prepared sniping designed to manipulate the people's emotions. And the result will not matter in the slightest.

cheapseats
07-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Gary Johnson in the debates will oblige Obama & Romney to EITHER differentiate themselves, OR sound more alike.

jay_dub
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Gary Johnson in the debates will oblige Obama & Romney to EITHER differentiate themselves, OR sound more alike.

That's why I'm hoping he makes it to the debates. Otherwise, it will be a total snooze fest.

nayjevin
07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Thats what I've been saying all this time. WHAT are they going to DEBATE? It should take 2 minutes, yeah we agree on pretty much everything. You want us to talk about gay marriage or dogs on a roof?

What's the gay marriage thing? (was funny even without understanding)

jbauer
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Because THAT is the ONE key issue this coming election. Didn't you hear Obama say he supports it and Romeny say he doesn't? It was about a month or two ago.

jbauer
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
That's why I'm hoping he makes it to the debates. Otherwise, it will be a total snooze fest.

He needs 15% doesn't he? Where is he polling? I'm not a full blown Libertarian but I would LOVE to see someone besides these two clowns. Heck even Rick Perry would be able to stumble out a few funny comparisons of the two.

jkr
07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
DOG:

in the belly
or
on the rooof (pooping)

America NEEDS TO KONW

jkr
07-16-2012, 11:01 AM
DOG:

in the belly
or
on the rooof (pooping)

America NEEDS TO KNOW

cheapseats
07-17-2012, 01:40 PM
He needs 15% doesn't he? Where is he polling?

Yes, to 15%.

Gallup's not lookin' too good at 3% . . . but it beats Ron Paul's (VOL) 2%. VOL stands for VOLUNTEERED response. As in, the poll did not proffer Ron Paul's name.

Gallup also publishes some pretty depressing statistics for third parties performing notably higher in polls than in corresponding elections.

Meaning, at the last flip-switcher minute, the The Indoctrinated timidly and obediently default to WHAT IF IT CAUSES SO-&-SO TO WIN/LOSE.

Sadly, I believe YOU'VE GOT NUTHIN' TO LOSE is a strong selling point for Gary Johnson in 2012.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/07/06/how_libertarian_candidate_gary_johnson_can_will_ac tually_matter.html

How Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Can/Will Actually Matter

By David Weigel | Posted Friday, July 6, 2012

...Third party candidates swing electoral college votes, so pay attention to that, instead. Al Gore would have become president in 2000 if Ralph Nader had failed to make the ballot in New Hampshire. Nader got 22,198 votes there; Gore lost the state to Bush by 7,211 votes. Nothing could have saved John McCain in 2008, but had Bob Barr failed to make the North Carolina ballot, McCain might have won the state -- 25,722 votes for the Libertarian, only 14,177 votes separating Obama from the loser.

No one, not even Gary Johnson, expects him to score Perot numbers nationally. But in his New Mexico, he polls at 7 to 12 percent. In New Hampshire, he polls at 7 percent. If this is going to be an election defined by negative ads and Obama trying to disqualify Romney personally, there's going to be some runoff into third party voting. The most serious third party candidate used to be a Republican. You can see how this goes.

LOL at the concluding asterisk:

*Johnson was governor of New Mexico for eight years, giving him more executive experience than anyone who went this route since... well, it's not an enviable comparison, but since George Wallace.