PDA

View Full Version : Tampa: Ron Paul Billboards

WhistlinDave
07-15-2012, 09:12 PM
From the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBillboards

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396072_439314396090983_820832247_n.jpg

This "Digital Billboard", is located 110 feet from the entrance of the "Tampa Bay Times Forum", where the Republican National Convention will be held the week of August 27, 2012. A single slot on this board costs $40,000.

A PAC is working with Ron Paul Billboards at this time, (a PAC that loves Ron Paul), and we are testing the waters with some designs, trying to determine the level of support that is available from potential pledges, social network promoters, and potential donors to a Money Bomb, a BILLBOARD MONEY BOMB, to purchase and lock-down a slot on this Billboard.

Likes and Shares on the digital billboard designs that will continue to be posted for the next week to two weeks will determine which boards will be posted. Time is short, this Money Bomb needs to be launched soon so the Boards do not get "bought out", and then we will be "locked out" of the Boards.

Please consider a Like, or Share, or promoting this Billboard Design by copying the URL from your address bar and pasting into your favorite social network pages and groups.

Tell us how much you might pledge to a Money Bomb for this Billboard or one like it, or, make one and post a link to it in this thread.

If you want to make a pledge to tell them you would be willing to support this, and prefer not to post publicly, you can go to their Facebook page (link above) and send them a PM. Thanks!

nobody's_hero
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Yuck.

Seems kind of, 'victimish'.

I hope they could come up with a better catchphrase. You know, one that doesn't sound like we're sore losers or 'playing the victim' (even though we are, in many ways, victims in this charade).

How about:

". . . and Justice for All" - Lawyers for Ron Paul.

That would be something that only Ron Paul people would probably figure out, and might look into joining/supporting the lawsuit (if that's the purpose of the billboards).

WhistlinDave
07-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. I left them a message suggesting this for a billboard:

Beating Obama is Easy!
Polls Show
Independents and Disgruntled Dems
OVERWHELMINGLY VOTE RON PAUL

The only thing I can think of with this mock-up with the LFRP message is, they want to put delegates and the RNC on notice that everybody needs to vote their conscience and anyone standing in the way of that will be getting consequences.

Might not be a bad thing to have something like that up there, I just think they need to rotate a few different messages in (if they can do it at the same cost) so there's stuff in there that will also actually help sway delegates' votes.

If Ron Paul is nominated though it might not matter either way, because when he speaks, he has a powerful message that is hard to ignore.

AdamT
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this is being headed up by FBappDev aka Pat Jack. Remember him? He got real mad when his "designs" weren't chosen for RevPAC boards in IA, and then he got perma-banned from here after threatening members.

And in seemingly typical PJ style, the board design above make no sense at all, and would serve little purpose IMO.

freedomordeath
07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
"Patriots vote your conscience..... RON PAUL" basically a message for the delegates driving into TAMPA. Everything should be geared towards the 2400 delgates because they got the vote now.

brandon
07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
the board design above make no sense at all, and would serve little purpose IMO.

My thoughts too.

cheapseats
07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Coerced? Threatened? Intimidated? is NOT without intelligent and important foundation...it makes SENSE. So does BOHEMIAN GROVE GOT ANOTHER FREE PASS / ORDINARY ETHICAL PEOPLE FOR RON PAUL. So does WHO ARE WE KIDDING? OBAMACARE = ROMNEYCARE.

TEXT = NARRATIVE.

I don't know, I'm asking: Is LAWYERS FOR RON PAUL a recognized Name/Concept beyond the Faithful and RACHEL MADDOW Viewers?

YES YES YES to Billboards. I shall so advise Gary Johnson.

Ron Paul has some millions of dollars of Other People's Money on hand. Perhaps rather than stubbornly plowing ahead without some clearcut from-the-horse's-mouth input from Ron Paul, PUT IT TO RON PAUL. Like days and battles of yore, send written sealed word by a trusted Messenger who WILL stubbornly wait for an answer rather than return empty-handed.

You either trust whoever Ron Paul is trusting to call some shots, or you don't. The Official Campaign..."they're just people", as another Poster just today asserted about Mainstream Media...has not struck me for some time as spending money with an eye on maximally advancing Ron Paul.

Even for Non Believers, JUDAS is an important archetype. There usually IS one. At least.

Some quote-unquote Conservative Christian Liberty Republicans are downright EAGER to dislike me. THIS is bankable: I am not the Enemy.

I appreciate that some Donors/Supporters are okay with Ron Paul using leftover MILLIONS as he sees fit, but that is NOT everyone's story. NO, I gave none of my money to Ron Paul. I have given none to Gary Johnson, either. And neither have paid ME.

I'd insinuate myself into it if an Operation was shortchanging BLIND PEOPLE, too. Some people would, some wouldn't.

Send a message, send a message...how many times have I heard that? EDUCATE THE PEOPLE, EDUCATE THE PEOPLE, how many times have I heard THAT? To ME, it looks like Ron Paul does NOT want a ruckus as part of his swan song. If the billboards are not straightforward ADVERTISING FOR THE NOMINATION, it is inconceivable to me that Ron Paul Die Hards who got Ron Paul where he is would not want to decide what to SAY to each and every Republican in attendance.

IndianaPolitico
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is being headed up by FBappDev aka Pat Jack. Remember him? He got real mad when his "designs" weren't chosen for RevPAC boards in IA, and then he got perma-banned from here after threatening members.

And in seemingly typical PJ style, the board design above make no sense at all, and would serve little purpose IMO.

Ah I remember him, he tore into me something awful, swearing and cursing left and right... Just because I said I didn't really like his design. He always talked a good game, but his "designs" are always bland, poorly laid out, and sometimes just plain weird...

IndianaPolitico
07-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok, this is kind of funny. He must be still reading Ron Paul forums, because he just found my facebook page on facebook, and sent me a message. Swearing, and cursing, and being downright rude as always. I really wonder why he sometimes gets so angry. People have told me that my designs are bad before, and I don't start screaming at them.

RonRules
07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Make it positive. We're looking like losers now.

sailingaway
07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
This wasn't by the campaign, it was by Lawyers For Ron Paul - they want ammunition and more plaintiffs for their lawsuit, and since they are working pro bono, I don't have it in me to object.

I agree it isn't what I'd chip in to, myself.

CPUd
07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Someone likes the yellow:

http://i.imgur.com/WwKRt.jpg

I doubt I'd put in any $$ if it has the 'L4RP branding' though.

NoOneButPaul
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Awful...

brandon
07-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Someone likes the yellow:

http://i.imgur.com/WwKRt.jpg

I doubt I'd put in any $$ if it has the 'L4RP branding' though.

Yuck. Complete misuse of the equality sign. I thought these guys were supposed to be smart?

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Still like "A Romney nomination => a Obama second term"

-t