PDA

View Full Version : Why Is The Entire Media Ignoring Dr. Paul's Delegate Majority In Nevada?

anaconda
07-15-2012, 05:39 PM
For purposes of nomination from the floor in Tampa, can anyone offer some meaningful input here? Can the Nevada delegation participate as one of the five states? And if so, why is there not one iota of discussion about it in the media? I don't see much discussion of it on the forums, either.

http://www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf.

Rule 40(b):

"Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a plurality of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination."

So I suppose a point of contention might revolve around the definition of "shall demonstrate the support of."

Also:

Does the following mean the Mittens people can define it anyway they like?:

Rule 32:

"Suspension of Rules
A motion to suspend the rules shall always be
in order, but only when made by authority of a majority
of the delegates from any state and seconded by a
majority of the delegates from each of five (5) or more
other states severally."

There's a zillion articles on the internet today about Dr. Paul failing to get that 5th state. Shouldn't the big news story be about getting an official interpretation of Rule 40? This all seems surreal to me.

UtahApocalypse
07-15-2012, 05:44 PM
As I have posted many times:

NONE of the RNC Rules Matter. They do not go into effect until voted on at opening of business. I am sure the RNC Elite Lawyers are working on a whole new rule book to get it voted in.

anaconda
07-15-2012, 05:51 PM
As I have posted many times:

NONE of the RNC Rules Matter. They do not go into effect until voted on at opening of business. I am sure the RNC Elite Lawyers are working on a whole new rule book to get it voted in.

Thank you. However, if that's the case, then why was anyone even concerned about getting five states? If they could, for example, simply change the requirement to six states at the beginning of the convention?

Cleaner44
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
This meme of Ron Paul not having 5 states has been cooking for a while now. I fully expect the RNC to pull out all of the stop to prevent Ron Paul from even being mentioned at the convention.

I will take pleasure in causing the GOP to lose every presidential race while I am alive until they stop offering up liberals and neocons as candidates.

Burn the GOP to the ground!

tsai3904
07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
No one knows the official interpretation because it's never been put to the test.

Frontloading HQ (http://frontloading.blogspot.com/), the blog on the Presidential election with an emphasis on the delegate rules, is written by a professor of political science and even he's unsure how the rule is to be interpreted.

Anyone who says they know is merely speculating.

From reading it though, I would assume that Nevada does count as one of the five states but again, that's just me speculating.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 08:25 PM
The OP is one of the big questions, and a couple other states may fall into that category as well, depending on who shows up in Tampa, the numbers were so close.

And I also read the rules as Nevada being able to count for the 5 states, and a rules expert interviewed at the time of the NV convention said he thought the same, that typically the binding was ONLY on the actual ballot vote.

But why did the media ignore Rueters polling Ron in 2d place with 22% in February?

and why did those Pew and Minnesota university polls show the media ignored Ron?

The media doesn't necessarily report the news unless they want to, it would appear.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Also, while I am NOT saying Ron would settle for it, there is no possibility Nevada is 'bound' on VP nomination, and the VP also gets a 15 minute nomination speech.

anaconda
07-15-2012, 08:41 PM
The OP is one of the big questions, and a couple other states may fall into that category as well, depending on who shows up in Tampa, the numbers were so close.

And I also read the rules as Nevada being able to count for the 5 states, and a rules expert interviewed at the time of the NV convention said he thought the same, that typically the binding was ONLY on the actual ballot vote.

But why did the media ignore Rueters polling Ron in 2d place with 22% in February?

and why did those Pew and Minnesota university polls show the media ignored Ron?

The media doesn't necessarily report the news unless they want to, it would appear.

Any idea why this Wikipedia page says Ron Paul and Mitt Romney each got votes at the 2008 convention (scroll down in the article to the box that says "Republican National Convention Presidential nominee vote, 2008"). Since Ron didn't control the delegates in any states, how could he have appeared on the ballot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Republican_National_Convention

anaconda
07-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Will Frothy be nominated from the floor?

anaconda
07-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Also, while I am NOT saying Ron would settle for it, there is no possibility Nevada is 'bound' on VP nomination, and the VP also gets a 15 minute nomination speech.

Interesting.

But what about this?:

Rule 32:

"Suspension of Rules
other states severally."

They could simply change the rules for VP nominating. Right? Or, as UtahApocalypse points out above, the rules committee folks will simply show up with a full new set of Paul proof rules to be voted in at the first order of business? Or directly after the group neocon prayer and the pledge of allegiance.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Any idea why this Wikipedia page says Ron Paul and Mitt Romney each got votes at the 2008 convention (scroll down in the article to the box that says "Republican National Convention Presidential nominee vote, 2008"). Since Ron didn't control the delegates in any states, how could he have appeared on the ballot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Republican_National_Convention

He didn't but his delegates TRIED to vote for him as a write in, sorta. Some states refused to report those votes which is one reason we have been aiming to get or approve 'delegation chairs' from each state, where we were able, this time around. When they can turn off the mic or just report your vote differently you are at a significant disadvantage.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Interesting.

But what about this?:

Rule 32:

"Suspension of Rules
other states severally."

They could simply change the rules for VP nominating. Right? Or, as UtahApocalypse points out above, the rules committee folks will simply show up with a full new set of Paul proof rules to be voted in at the first order of business? Or directly after the group neocon prayer and the pledge of allegiance.

suspension of rules is different from a rule change I believe but they COULD do both with enough strength -- if Romney has it. But it wouldn't be LESS media meat to change the rules of the contest almost over, right at the finish line, so someone who had won the right to ben in contention suddenly can't be, than to let Ron speak as a nominee, then likely be voted down, imho. Dunno how the Romroids calculate that.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Will Frothy be nominated from the floor?

Only if the delegates are unbound, likely, then he may to draw from Ron and later concede to Romney --- but I wonder if he actually has the delegates from 5 states, at this point. A bunch of his were party tools and they will vote for Romney or whatever establishment substitute is put up. And a bunch now are Ron's.

anaconda
07-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Only if the delegates are unbound, likely, then he may to draw from Ron and later concede to Romney --- but I wonder if he actually has the delegates from 5 states, at this point. A bunch of his were party tools and they will vote for Romney or whatever establishment substitute is put up. And a bunch now are Ron's.

My bad. I was assuming that Frothy had delegates from at least five winner-take-all states.

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 09:09 PM
My bad. I was assuming that Frothy had delegates from at least five winner-take-all states.

I honestly don't know but I know he didn't file full or any delegates for some places, his delegate plan was a mess from the start, he clearly had no organization at all.

anaconda
07-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I honestly don't know but I know he didn't file full or any delegates for some places, his delegate plan was a mess from the start, he clearly had no organization at all.

I took a quick look and my casual observation was that Frothy may have a plurality in AL, TN, KS, ND, MS, and possibly tied for a plurality in OK & AK.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r

Carson
07-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I got an email from a local Meet-Up group that sounds pretty promising.

Ron Paul on his Way to TAMPA! Plurality Achieved! Take the Podium!
Submitted by Richard Taylor APP on Sun, 07/15/2012 - 16:35

No sweat with Nebraska;
Ron Paul already has Plurality in 6 states, and up to additional 5 more states in contest.

http://thereal2012delegatecount.com/

1.) COLORADO Ron Paul WINS! 18 to 16
2.) IOWA - Ron Paul WINS! 23 to 2
3.) LOUISIANA - Ron Paul WINS! 27 to 19
4.) MAINE - Ron Paul WINS! 21 -3
5.) MINNESOTA - Ron Paul WINS! 32 to 8
6.) NEVADA - Ron Paul WINS! 22 - 3
Ron Paul is on his way to Tampa!
We have TAKEN the Podium;
Ron Paul "IS" a Nominee for President of the United States of America! Under RNC Rules.
Go Ron Paul!

Mike Lelieur
RON PAUL 2012

http://www.googleronpaul.com/author/richard-taylor-app/

showpan
07-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Here is why you will never see the media covering this or the pending campaign lawsuits.

1. The federal reserve system is responsible for 'maintaining' the value of our dollar and setting exchange rates.

2. The same, small group of inside shareholders own most of the stock in each major bank in the NY federal reserve system.

3. As it turns out, these same players are the majority shareholders of S&P (a division of McGraw-Hill publishers).

Here's the list of major shareholders:

As you can see below, the list of major shareholders for McGraw-Hill (S&P ratings company) is nearly exactly the same as the major shareholders of the major banks in the NY Federal reserve system.

Many (if not most) of these shareholders are NOT based in the United States. I encourage you to dig further. Go to finance.yahoo.com. Look up a company, then click on "Major shareholders" on the left hand side.

This is an incestuous group of offshore investors who essentially control / manipulate our dollar and the U.S. economy.

McGraw-Hill

STATE STREET CORPORATION 13,219,460 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 12,700,984 OPPENHEIMER FUNDS, INC. 11,583,534 PRICE (T.ROWE) ASSOCIATES INC 10,123,060 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 7,541,685 DODGE & COX INC 7,145,277 FIDUCIARY MANAGEMENT, INC. 6,241,434 Capital World Investors 37,498,950

Citigroup (a major NYFED bank)

STATE STREET CORPORATION 109,336,377 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 106,566,654 FMR LLC 94,647,036 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 69,300,847 JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 54,420,770 Capital World Investors 51,039,134 PAULSON & COMPANY, INC. 41,272,220 Bank of New York Mellon Corporation 32,334,689

Wells Fargo Bank:

BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY, INC 342,623,925 6.48 STATE STREET CORPORATION 201,430,222 3.81 FMR LLC 199,105,601 3.76 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 187,182,216 3.54 Capital World Investors 167,562,496 3.17 WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLP 152,451,637 2.88 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 127,846,678 2.42 DAVIS SELECTED ADVISERS, LP 93,493,190 1.77 DODGE & COX INC 90,998,349 1.72 JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 88,094,321 1.67

Bank of America (BOA)

STATE STREET CORPORATION 459,140,568 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 367,462,397 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 258,068,893 JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 212,406,485 Capital Research Global Investors 139,198,856 JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC 138,866,931 WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLP 128,084,369 Capital World Investors 125,333,396 PAULSON & COMPANY, INC. 123,634,429 FMR LLC 121,244,950

JP Morgan Chase

STATE STREET CORPORATION 163,393,908 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 144,458,569 FMR LLC 129,731,859 PRICE (T.ROWE) ASSOCIATES INC 106,375,235 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 105,992,018 WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLP 89,651,480 Capital Research Global Investors 82,353,239 Capital World Investors 55,091,800 Bank of New York Mellon Corporation 54,615,722

Goldman Sachs

STATE STREET CORPORATION 20,744,311 Capital World Investors 19,599,110 VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 18,311,709 BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 13,372,248 MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO - OTHER 11,518,906 AllianceBernstein, L.P. 10,139,709 JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 9,531,309 WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLP 8,374,730 FMR LLC 7,462,573 FAIRHOLME CAPITAL MANAGEMENT 6,702,300

Some of these companies like Dodge And Cox are privately held so no telling who owns them.

Now look up all of the major media outlets such as GE, Disney, AOL, etc, and you will notice a pattern.

anaconda
07-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Now look up all of the major media outlets such as GE, Disney, AOL, etc, and you will notice a pattern.

I went to finance.yahoo.com but I couldn't see where to look up a company. Can you help direct me? Thanks!

sailingaway
07-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I took a quick look and my casual observation was that Frothy may have a plurality in AL, TN, KS, ND, MS, and possibly tied for a plurality in OK & AK.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r

We should have a majority in OK, but our delegates would have to win their challenge before Romney's credentials committee, and the video was disjointed at key points (such as where they started closing walls on the delegation as Paul supporters continued to demand roll call of the vote as required by the rules and before the convention continued in the parking lot sans most of the Romney/Santorum types). If Ron doesn't win the challenge, the guy who sent out the 'Ron Paul supporters support Satan' email (something very close to that) right before the OK convention HAD BEEN a Santa campaign coordinator who knew the Santa folks voting at the State Convention. HOWEVER, he had since left and gone to Romney's campaign before the state convention. I doubt that the 'establishment' slate of delegates he put together as a Romney employee would vote for Santa, either.

Santorum does NOT have ND, Romney stole it with major shenanigans at convention (from Ron, really, as it turned out, but we were giving Santa folks seats). And in AK the new, Paul Chair and Committeepeople won't be in for this convention so Romney will have their three votes and if Santas are bound Romney will have plurality. BUT if the binding doesn't count, Ron may have plurality, we'll have to wait and see. In any event, though Santa does NOT have it there. He might have AL TN KS. I don't know what happened there. But mostly where they were picked by convention (as opposed to being picked by ballot) the later delegate selections that gave 'Santa' delegates filled a bunch of Santa slots with Romney people, or party tools, which is the same thing.

So I don't count 5 for Santa out of your list.

showpan
07-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I went to finance.yahoo.com but I couldn't see where to look up a company. Can you help direct me? Thanks!

http://finance.yahoo.com/

see where it says "enter symbol" in the upper left box just beneath "HOME". Just put the trading symbol in there and hit enter.

ex. GE or JPM for JP Morgan or DIS for Disney

anaconda
07-16-2012, 12:27 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/

see where it says "enter symbol" in the upper left box just beneath "HOME". Just put the trading symbol in there and hit enter.

ex. GE or JPM for JP Morgan or DIS for Disney

Thanks.

anaconda
07-16-2012, 12:30 AM
We should have a majority in OK, but our delegates would have to win their challenge before Romney's credentials committee, and the video was disjointed at key points (such as where they started closing walls on the delegation as Paul supporters continued to demand roll call of the vote as required by the rules and before the convention continued in the parking lot sans most of the Romney/Santorum types). If Ron doesn't win the challenge, the guy who sent out the 'Ron Paul supporters support Satan' email (something very close to that) right before the OK convention HAD BEEN a Santa campaign coordinator who knew the Santa folks voting at the State Convention. HOWEVER, he had since left and gone to Romney's campaign before the state convention. I doubt that the 'establishment' slate of delegates he put together as a Romney employee would vote for Santa, either.

Santorum does NOT have ND, Romney stole it with major shenanigans at convention (from Ron, really, as it turned out, but we were giving Santa folks seats). And in AK the new, Paul Chair and Committeepeople won't be in for this convention so Romney will have their three votes and if Santas are bound Romney will have plurality. BUT if the binding doesn't count, Ron may have plurality, we'll have to wait and see. In any event, though Santa does NOT have it there. He might have AL TN KS. I don't know what happened there. But mostly where they were picked by convention (as opposed to being picked by ballot) the later delegate selections that gave 'Santa' delegates filled a bunch of Santa slots with Romney people, or party tools, which is the same thing.

So I don't count 5 for Santa out of your list.

Thank you for the nice analysis. BTW what about Mississippi?

devil21
07-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Alternates may be a bigger issue than previously talked about. Not just Nevada but in every state. If a delegate doesn't show up, and there will be plenty, then an alternate takes their place. That changes the entire scenery. This may be a topic for its own thread. Havent seen much talk about how alternates figure into this thing.

kathy88
07-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Alternates may be a bigger issue than previously talked about. Not just Nevada but in every state. If a delegate doesn't show up, and there will be plenty, then an alternate takes their place. That changes the entire scenery. This may be a topic for its own thread. Havent seen much talk about how alternates figure into this thing.

This is an excellent point. Another thing to consider is the rumors flying around that Paul delegates are not going to bother going due to "campaign emails." etc... I would hope that this isn't true and I've got a few choice words for anyone who went through this entire grueling bitter process and doesn't go.

Origanalist
07-16-2012, 10:06 AM

The mainstream media only puts out what they want you to hear, and Ron Paul is the last thing they want people to think about.

DamianTV
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Its not just in Nevada. It is just part of the entire media blackout against Ron Paul. If Ron took 2nd in any place, they'd mention 1st, 3rd, and 4th. If you cant trust your news source to provide unbiased news, then quit supporting the fuckers. Dont watch their stations. Dont pay their subscriptions. Stop buying their advertisers products. Just look at CNN's viewership tumble in the last few years. Well over 50% decline. We are over half way there on that particular station.

KingRobbStark
07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Because it's the media. I thought that kind of shit was very clear at this stage.

WhistlinDave
07-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I think the media has been doing the same thing with this that they have been in following the AP's inaccurate delegate counts:

They were treating even non-binding states' primary results as binding with regard to saying how many delegates everybody had.

Now with the 5 states rule (and the media is also ignoring the fact that this isn't written in stone until the rules committee meets before the convention, so bear with me because I'm trying to answer the OP's question) the media is ignoring Nevada because they are (unintentionally or intentionally) oblivious to the wording of Rule 40. They seem to be assuming that since Nevada's delegates are technically supposed to be "bound" to Romney under Nevada GOP rules, then Nevada doesn't count towards the 5 states needed for nomination.

We know that is not the case. Bound or unbound doesn't matter, the rule says "support of" plurality of delegates, not "votes of" a plurality of delegates.

I'm guessing when it comes time to nominate Ron Paul, he is going to be able to demonstrate the support of a plurality of delegates from more states than we are even aware of at this time.

anaconda
07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Because it's the media. I thought that kind of shit was very clear at this stage.

But I meant the entire media. Not just the MSM. Everybody is in denial about it. I couldn't find a dimes worth of discussion about it even on the Ron Paul Forums! Until yesterday. Not even World Net Daily or Prisonplanet dot com. Nada.

anaconda
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Hmm..maybe the media folks have been reading the Forums over the past couple of days (finally a glimmer of some media discussion of this issue): :)

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/16/ron-paul-lost-nebraska-but-can-he-still

http://www.examiner.com/article/media-ron-paul-delegate-plurality-scam

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you for the nice analysis. BTW what about Mississippi?

I forget about Miss, but wasn't it kind of late? If you search here you may find some stuff. I may look later. I'm just not remembering if the delegates were ACTUALLY Santa delegates. I suspect not, just because he had so little organization and the party usually seats itself, but I don't really know.

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 05:57 PM
But I meant the entire media. Not just the MSM. Everybody is in denial about it. I couldn't find a dimes worth of discussion about it even on the Ron Paul Forums! Until yesterday. Not even World Net Daily or Prisonplanet dot com. Nada.

When they first started saying Nebraska was Ron's last chance there was immediate recoil here that he had 5 states already. Everyone just pretty much already knew that, so it didn't create that many threads, I guess.

anaconda
07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
When they first started saying Nebraska was Ron's last chance there was immediate recoil here that he had 5 states already. Everyone just pretty much already knew that, so it didn't create that many threads, I guess.

Silly me. I'm so out of it.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487728_4254929409642_1649301139_n.jpg

sailingaway
07-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Silly me. I'm so out of it.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487728_4254929409642_1649301139_n.jpg

LOL!