PDA

View Full Version : Deranged Deputy push girl friend and runs over gate at resort gets vacation

mrsat_98
07-15-2012, 11:14 AM
http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=559022

A Pulaski County Sheriff's deputy is suspected of causing thousands of dollars in damage to a popular destination.

This deputy hasn't been charged and KARK has chosen not to reveal his name.

"Given the story, it sounds like he was out of control," said Boat Owner Steve Landers who's boat is docked at the Brady Mountain Marina.

Landers was surprised to discover the gate at the marina had been busted open. But he was more shocked to learn a deputy was reportedly to blame.

What happened Friday, Landers says, has been all anyone can talk about on these usually sleepy and secured docks.

"I don't know the circumstances so it's not up to me to pass judgment, other than the fact our gate is broken and I'm not too happy about it," Landers said.

A report, though, filed with the Garland County Sheriff's Office outlines some details.

Friday witnesses say a Pulaski County Sheriff's Lieutenant at the marina got into a fight with his girlfriend and pushed her.

Next, a report says the deputy got into his ford F-150 truck and rammed into the marina's closed gate.

Then, he backed off it and hit it again, tearing it down.

Tuesday, the twisted metal had been picked up. But in all investigators say the deputy did close to $15,000 in damage.

"Obviously with that gate open, it makes it easier for someone to take something from someone's boat of otherwise cause mischief they wouldn't with the gate there," Landers said.

Landers believes that's exactly what happened to him this weekend. With the gate open and people pouring in, he says it appears someone took his dog Tebow.

Now, he wants his best friend back and the person who brought down the gate to at least undo the damage.

"I'd like to see my fate back up obviously as soon as possible," Landers said.

A manager for the marina declined to talk to us on camera Tuesday, but they did tell us their priority is for the person responsible to pony up the money to fix the gate.

Again, the deputy's not been charged, but because of the amount of damage done, he could face a felony charge.

Steve Landers is offering a reward of Tebow's safe return. If you've seen him, give Landers a call at 501-350-7171.
Comments
As a officer of the law he probably feels he has the right to do what he wants.

William S. July 11, 2012 at 8:54 am

they wont release his name because hes a cop if it was anyone else they would already be charged and in jail and thier name would be all over the place just because he is a deputy does not mean he is above the law he broke the law so through him in jail just everyone else

lloyd b. July 11, 2012 at 6:32 am

Just charge him and get it over with!! I mean come on he hit it two times...

Elizabeth G. July 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm

If he hit the gate twice it's quite obvious he meant to knock it down. How would anyone know if they had seen Tebow or not, there's no description of the dog.

don t. July 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm
Readers Feel...

68%

Furious

18% Intrigued

11% Bored

3% Thrilled

0% Happy

0% Sad
Related Content
Insect Invasion on Arkansas Crops

Blister Beetles amongst other insects have left a crippling wake of destruction on crop fields this Summer....
Seven Lane Shifts Scheduled for I-430

Lanes and Ramps on I-430 near the Big Rock Interchange will be affected for 20 days....
Two Deadly Accidents Friday Night

Two seperate accidents leave two Arkansans dead....
Heartbeat Report: Do You Need A Pacemaker?

If aging, heart disease or other factors make your heart beat too slow, too fast, or irregularly, your doctor may recommend a pacemaker. ...
Suspect in Conway Double Murder in Court Tuesday

Richard Conte was supposed to stand trial Tuesday for the deaths of Carter Elliott and Timothy Robinson in Elliot's Conway home....
Analysis: Aden Drops out of AR Third District Congressional Race

Third Congressional District Democrat Ken Aden unexpectedly dropped out of the race against incumbent Republican Steve Womack....
"Pops on the River" Firework Designer

Many firework shows across the state have been canceled due to the dry hot weather. "Pops on the River" is sill in the works, but have you ever wondered who designs the spectacular firework shows? ...
CSA Finalist: Mason Sifford

Star volunteer with "Hearts & Hooves" in Sherwood....
Kris Allen Back in the Natural State

Arkansas's American Idol is headed back to his home state to perform for a crowd at Magic Springs. Kris Allen will play the Timberwood amphitheater at Magic Springs on Saturday....
Health Department Observes National HIV Testing Day

Event aimed at encouraging Arkansans to get tested for HIV....

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2012/jul/11/sheriffs-deputy-suspected-criminal-mischief/LITTLE ROCK —

A Pulaski County Sheriff's Office lieutenant was placed on administrative leave Wednesday amid allegations he damaged an electronic gate with his pickup after getting into an argument with his girlfriend in Garland County.

Lt. Corey Lawson has not been charged, but a Garland County Sheriff's Office report names him as a suspect in the incident, which was said to have happened on July 6 at the Brady Mountain Marina and Resort on Lake Ouachita.

According to the report, Lawson "became upset with his girlfriend," pushed her and then got into his F-150 pickup. Authorities say he attempted to leave but didn't wait for the electronic gate to open, ramming it once before backing up and hitting it again.

The gate, which was said to be worth $15,000, was torn down by the impact.

Lawson, who is over the narcotics and criminal apprehension division, was placed on paid leave Wednesday.

Pulaski County Sheriff's Office Lt. Carl Minden said his agency is conducting an internal investigation while awaiting completion of the criminal investigation in Garland County.

The report lists the purported crime as second-degree criminal mischief.

Danke
07-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like he needs a new gf.

Carson
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Isn't love wonderful.

Well mostly?

mrsat_98
07-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Fred Ensminger Jr.

RickyJ
07-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Dog missing? Damn!

I bet the policeman had something to do with that too.

I thought it was kind of weird that someone would steal a dog instead of maybe a boat or valuables on the boat. A dog? Who steals a dog?

phill4paul
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
We've got a warrant to look at your pick-up. Yep, there's damage. Please turn around your under arrest.

angelatc
07-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Sounds like he needs a new gf.

He sounds like a total keeper. Maybe we can hook him up with Nancy Grace.

LibForestPaul
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
did the marina have a permit for the gate? was it properly marked and did it have reflectors? who installed the gate? was he licensed to do such installations?

Anti Federalist
07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
They stole his fucking dog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnaVoTfkqa8

Lafayette
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
$15,000 dollars in destroyed property, and thats gotta be worth a felony , right? ... paid vacation it is!