PDA

View Full Version : Father: "I'm proud my son called the cops on me".

aGameOfThrones
07-14-2012, 08:34 PM
A father tried to punish his son by taking away his beloved Xbox 360, so the son reportedly tried to punish his father by calling the cops on him and reporting it as a theft.

The incident happened over the weekend in Christchurch, New Zealand. The unidentified father and his 17-year-old son got into an argument over the teenager's bad grades and the father decided to confiscate his Xbox 360 because he puts in around two or three hours of game time a day and "puts it before everything else."

The kid allegedly decided his father had gone too far, so he called the cops and reported the Xbox 360 as a theft.
Police had to follow up on the complaint, so they contacted the teen's father. Eventually, police realized the complaint was just a domestic quarrel and not a theft and urged the family to work it out amongst themselves. No charges have been filed, according to a police spokesman.

The truly surprising part is the father's reaction: He told the paper he was "a little bit proud" of the lengths his kid took to get his gaming console back. I'm sure he'll make a great lawyer someday.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/21200/father-takes-away-kids-xbox-kid-calls-the-cops

kathy88
07-14-2012, 08:35 PM
After I hung up with the cops I would have smashed that bitch into 6 zillion pieces.

Dissent
07-14-2012, 08:40 PM
After I hung up with the cops I would have smashed that bitch into 6 zillion pieces.
This!

aGameOfThrones
07-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Child abuse!!!

VIDEODROME
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Well I believe the part about making a good lawyer someday.

mad cow
07-14-2012, 10:19 PM

And then I would have sold his Xbox.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2012, 10:24 PM
The kid allegedly decided his father had gone too far, so he called the cops and reported the Xbox 360 as a theft.

Suddenly: Filicide.

truelies
07-15-2012, 06:47 AM
hmmmmmm, reminds me of the scene in 1984 where Winston Smith is in the holding tank for RM101. His slob neighbor is brought in by the the Thought Police. Neighbor confides to Winston that his kids turned him in for thought crime and that he is 'proud' of them for doing so.

Demigod
07-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Of course he will say that while the cops and journalists are there.After the cops left I would give him the Xbox and take his house key because it is my house.OR of course you can go the standard way where the belt goes to work and you sell the console.

presence
07-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Wait... I'm confused. You mean the cops came to a domestic dispute and no dogs were shot dead?

MikeStanart
07-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Wait... I'm confused. You mean the cops came to a domestic dispute and no dogs were shot dead?

The Mundane's dogs were likely shot on a prior visit; I'm sure this isn't the first time this kid has pulled this.

coastie
07-15-2012, 09:03 AM

+rep!!!!!

Already done exactly that here 4 months ago, for real. No cops were called to my house though, and the only thing injured was a couple of day Lillys close to the initial "explosion" of plastic and copper shrapnel. Also injured were my son's feelings for a day or two, but it is now crystal clear that everything else is to be done before the "new"* one is ever turned on, and not to ever try me again. :p

*he found a used xbox for dirt cheap. HE buys . I, however, pay for the electricity and the Xbox LIVE acct, and high speed internet - he isn't on it for more than 2 hours a day now. ;)

Philhelm
07-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Breaking Xboxes is good for the economy.

coastie
07-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Breaking Xboxes is good for the economy.
;)

Let's reverse the headline, since he is oblivious to how lucky he is to be alive and able to work this out with his son:

Father Devastated After Cops Shoot Son to Death Over Xbox Argument Father say's "he was such a good kid, they didn't have to shoot him."

Kylie
07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
+rep!!!!!

Already done exactly that here 4 months ago, for real. No cops were called to my house though, and the only thing injured was a couple of day Lillys close to the initial "explosion" of plastic and copper shrapnel. Also injured were my son's feelings for a day or two, but it is now crystal clear that everything else is to be done before the "new"* one is ever turned on, and not to ever try me again. :p

*he found a used xbox for dirt cheap. HE buys . I, however, pay for the electricity and the Xbox LIVE acct, and high speed internet - he isn't on it for more than 2 hours a day now. ;)

Yep. We have been through the same thing with the PS3. He worked his butt off to get the money to buy it, but that doesn't mean he gets to use it whenever he pleases and not take care of his business before he plays the stupid machine. That's what I call them all(this thing included). I know they don't make you stupid, but they sure do help you to not take care of the rest of your life while your head's stuck up in these things.

Philhelm
07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Yep. We have been through the same thing with the PS3. He worked his butt off to get the money to buy it, but that doesn't mean he gets to use it whenever he pleases and not take care of his business before he plays the stupid machine. That's what I call them all(this thing included). I know they don't make you stupid, but they sure do help you to not take care of the rest of your life while your head's stuck up in these things.

Well, to be fair, the tyrants in government have been selling your son's future away. He may as well drown his sorrows somehow.

Kylie
07-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, to be fair, the tyrants in government have been selling your son's future away. He may as well drown his sorrows somehow.

He knows. We talk about it all the time. Poor kid is very conflicted sometimes.

Hell, I am too. It's a good reason to drink.

jbauer
07-15-2012, 02:55 PM
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!

VIDEODROME
07-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm actually surprised the XBox wasn't suddenly held as evidence.

lmao