PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan just owned the Fed.

hocaltar
11-17-2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58726

The more I read about this the worse it sounds. If they raise the rates, the sub-prime crisis is going to get so much worse, much faster. If they lower the rates, inflation will go up, real income will continue to go down and still more people won't be able to afford their bills. We are in quite a mess and people are abandoning the dollar left and right. I am an American, and I have already put 33% of my savings into gold. I like to be diversified, but I am seriously contemplating taking another 33% and putting it into gold also.

Does anyone have anyother suggestions of investments (other than land) that would maintain or gain value during a severe recession or depression?

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 08:38 AM
the euro.... you always want gold though, its the only thing i would invest in, gold will NEVER lose its value. as money, as a precious metal, it has outlasted thousands of years and will continue to do so.

LibertyEagle
11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
the euro.... you always want gold though, its the only thing i would invest in, gold will NEVER lose its value. as money, as a precious metal, it has outlasted thousands of years and will continue to do so.

Silver is good now too though, isn't it?

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 08:42 AM

Silver is also a great option, if we ever went back to a standard...it would be it

stefans
11-17-2007, 08:43 AM
the euro....

that's the big question I've not yet heard a good answer to.
is the euro going down with the $ once people really lose trust and the FED is forced to go to very high interest rates?
or will it be the currency people will flee into?

note that a lot of european banks also struggled because of the US housing crash.

any good answers?

walt
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58726

The more I read about this the worse it sounds. If they raise the rates, the sub-prime crisis is going to get so much worse, much faster. If they lower the rates, inflation will go up, real income will continue to go down and still more people won't be able to afford their bills. We are in quite a mess and people are abandoning the dollar left and right. I am an American, and I have already put 33% of my savings into gold. I like to be diversified, but I am seriously contemplating taking another 33% and putting it into gold also.

Does anyone have anyother suggestions of investments (other than land) that would maintain or gain value during a severe recession or depression?

why aren't we putting the peopel that created this phony mortgage money in jail for counterfieting? It's what it amounts to.

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Silver is good now too though, isn't it?

silver is fine but i find that it takes up more space, so i just use gold. both great metals to invest in though... platinum being so rare and expensive, its not practical to carry it, at least the way i see it. and copper also another precious metal is way to abundant, and again takes up huge amounts of space... i just stick to gold.

that's the big question I've not yet heard a good answer to.
is the euro going down with the $ once people really lose trust and the FED is forced to go to very high interest rates?
or will it be the currency people will flee into?

note that a lot of European banks also struggled because of the US housing crash.

any good answers?

it is going down but it will also outlast the USD... so its just another option... but if you want long term investments go with gold. gold, platnium, copper, silver are the only sound money.

a lot of people talk about investing in diamonds also, i personally am way to scared to... diamond value is controlled by de beers, they have huge corn silos filled with diamonds guarded by armed military... diamonds arnt as rare as you would think... if de beers let all there diamonds into circulation it would ruin your investment instantly resulting in a 5000% decrease in the value.

mordechai
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The only paper currencies that will ride this out will be the East Asian ones. Especially the Chinese Yuan. Once they go off set dollar for yuan pricing, and base their exchange on the Euro, those two currencies will be the way to go.

Yes, investing in silver (which I think will be more traded in than gold simply because of quantities, and divisibility, but gold is great for larger purchases) is good. It's what keeps value no matter what.

By the way, the other day I was at a small local chain store, and a Dutch guy popped in out of dollars, but offered to pay in Euros. Folks took the money, knowing it was worth more than a dollar, and being happy about it. Things are lookin bad

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-17-2007, 04:31 PM
While metal detecting lately I've found a total of six possible diamonds - and I never for a second thought about selling them - but it's a good point: The rarity of a diamond is artificially inflated - Where is the best place to sell diamonds? If I could get a good price I'd be happy to take that money and put it in gold.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/SilverAcolyte/scan0003.jpg

Lord Xar
11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!!

THIS IS ALL INTENTIONAL.

I am surprised WND has NOT come upong this yet.

This is to instantiate and validate and have the masses get on board with the NORTH AMERICAN UNION!! ALA..... AMERO!!!!

THIS IS INTENTIONAL.

Tberrie
11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Yep. Gold.

Though the Dollar is going downhill fast, if the US hits a great depression, that will be a lot of purchasing that is taken away from other countries as well, devaluing their currency. Cold, hard investments such as gold or other precious metals are a great way to go. Platinum, Gold, Silver. Then, if the depression hits, buy land from someone quickly, cheaply, and start farming.

Eryxis
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
What is the best place/way to buy bullion or gold coins with minimal markups?

Richandler
11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Yep. Gold.

Though the Dollar is going downhill fast, if the US hits a great depression, that will be a lot of purchasing that is taken away from other countries as well, devaluing their currency. Cold, hard investments such as gold or other precious metals are a great way to go. Platinum, Gold, Silver. Then, if the depression hits, buy land from someone quickly, cheaply, and start farming.

Buying land isn't an easy task in California.

What is the best place/way to buy bullion or gold coins with minimal markups?

I would love to know more of this too. I'm interested, but hesitant since I need to pay the bills right now.

mordechai
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Lord Xar, ain't no conspiracy. The dollar is weak. If it is replaced by an "amero" it'll still be paper cash with no backing, just like the Euro. It'll still depend on how many people use it as opposed to intrinsic value. And, I'll still be touting silver (and gold for large purchases) as the way to go.

Yes, I believe there is a conspiracy to create an NAU (look at my sig), but, just like you, I gotta go to the grocery store, make payments, and save for the future, and so me like everyone here has to approach this stuff honestly. Even if it's painful.

seapilot
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Id admit Id take payment in Euros right now, and imagine everyone else here would. Interesting times indeed.

ItsTime
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
QFT

EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!!

THIS IS ALL INTENTIONAL.

I am surprised WND has NOT come upong this yet.

This is to instantiate and validate and have the masses get on board with the NORTH AMERICAN UNION!! ALA..... AMERO!!!!

THIS IS INTENTIONAL.