PDA

View Full Version : Getting out the vote

ACJohn
11-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Getting out the vote is vital in a grassroots effort. The statistics show that our youth tends to not vote in large numbers. I know this does not apply to the dedicated people on here. However, if each dedicate person, Meet up or college group plans a post vote election return party in their town, city and campus (this is the have fun part RP talks about) in other words make voting a group project.

In addition start thinking about providing transportation to voters who need it to get to the polls. Don’t go alone to vote, hell plan for your whole group to go vote en mass.

This is my kernel of an idea, but I have been shocked at the collective genius and efforts implemented by people on this forum and in Meet-Ups that will turn election days into Nov 5th like events.

Think big people Ronapolusa, Ronstock anyone?

Bradley in DC
11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
And this is how we win the nomination.

Everyone, especially you youngsters (he types with envy not malice), needs to keep track of fellow Paul supporters and make sure all of us vote--get everyone registered Republican, check absentee ballot rules, deadlines, offer rides to the polls, don't be ashamed to badger them come election night if they've not voted.

Yes, having parties that night and only allowing admittance if they've got their "I voted today" sticker on or something is a great idea!

pcosmar
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
We will not be allowed to vote in Michigan.