PDA

View Full Version : Delta Flight Turned around because someone saw a suspicious Straw

Mani
07-13-2012, 05:12 AM
The thing most interesting about this WHOLE STORY. That there's a TEAM not just 1 but a TEAM OF AIR MARSHAL'S ON BOARD.

A FUCKING TEAM! DO we really need an entire TEAM of Air Marshals on flights? SERIOUSLY!?!?!

So some lady had the runs, and someone saw a straw in the bathroom...OMG It's 9/11 ALL OVER AGAIN! Thank God we have HALF THE FUCKING PLANE FULL OF AIR MARSHALS, FBI, CIA, DHS, ATF, ICE, on board! What would we do without them????

http://abcnews.go.com/US/no-bomb-delta-plane-turned-mid-flight-suspicious-wires/story?id=16767896#.UAAA9JH64is

Authorities fearing terror in the sky turned around a flight to Madrid shortly after it took off from New York when a federal air marshal spotted suspicious wires in a rear lavatory.

However, after a SWAT team entry, a bomb squad search and the detaining of a woman who may have become ill aboard the plane, no bomb was found.

However, officials discovered two pieces of a drinking straw about an-inch-and-a-half long with wires running through each. No explosive was present.

Authorities involved in the investigation said that while they still had not determined why the straws and wires were placed in the lavatory, it did not appear to even rise to the level of a hoax device made to look like a bomb with no explosive present.

The flight, Delta 126, returned to New York's JFK airport at 9:33 p.m., authorities said.

It was met by a Port Authority Police SWAT team that did a precision, heavy weapon entry onto the flight because the pilot had radioed the ground on his way back to say that there was a woman aboard who may have been a part of terror team.

The woman, who appeared to have taken ill aboard the plane, was held for a time in an ambulance guarded by police.

Though details were still coming to light, it appeared that between the pilot's call and the fact that the wires were spotted by a member of an armed contingent of federal air marshals aboard the flight, authorities treated the incident as a potentially serious threat.

Passengers were taken off the flight in a "controlled evacuation," sources told ABC News. They were held in a terminal for questioning.

A law enforcement source told ABC News that after the suspicious items were found, "as precaution, the aircraft returned to JFK and passengers offloaded."

But when the plane was examined by law enforcement bomb technicians, the items determined to be non-explosive and non-incendiary.

The investigation continued, and passengers and crew were being interviewed by authorities -- but, officials stressed, there was "no one in custody, and there is no determination a crime was committed."

phill4paul
07-13-2012, 05:31 AM
If T.S.A. is so effective why would they need air marshals? :rolleyes:

sevin
07-13-2012, 07:08 AM

haha good point

Pericles
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
See something, say something.

donnay
07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
And we're called paranoid. :rolleyes:

Straws on airplanes will now be prohibited.

Danke
07-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I believe everything I read in the media.

RickyJ
07-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Can't say for sure but people wearing headphones might run them through a straw under their clothing to keep them straight. I don't buy that they are really concerned someone would blow a plane up at a high altitude, because that is an easy task that they can't stop if they wanted to from the ground with shoulder fired heat seeking missiles during takeoff or landing. The TSA has nothing to do with security and everything to do with conditioning people to follow orders.

RickyJ
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Right.

Also if the air marshals are on all flights, then why do they need the TSA?

muzzled dogg
07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
lol i'm copying and pasting your reaction word for word on my facebook wall

dannno
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Sarah11650/LJ%20Art/gifs/firstwatch.gif

sailingaway
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd much prefer roving air marshals to TSA.

angelatc
07-13-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd much prefer roving air marshals to TSA.

Sure, and there's not any legitimate reason that the airlines couldn't provide their own security.

Danke
07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Right.

Also if the air marshals are on all flights, then why do they need the TSA?

There aren't, and they couldn't prevent a bomb being boarded.

RickyJ
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
There aren't, and they couldn't prevent a bomb being boarded.

They are on all flights. When was the last time a passenger blew up a plane anyway even before the TSA?

I think the answer is never.

Danke
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
They are on all flights.

Really?

When was the last time a passenger blew up a plane anyway even before the TSA?

I think the answer is never.

Bombs on board have taken down commercial planes.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2012, 12:58 PM
It was met by a Port Authority Police SWAT team that did a precision, heavy weapon entry onto the flight because the pilot had radioed the ground on his way back to say that there was a woman aboard who may have been a part of terror team.

Da fuq?

What the fuck did they "hut hut" onboard with?

Crew served AA guns?

And what if she was? What good would storming onboard with all your idiot SWAT gear have done, at that point?

Lesson learned?

Don't call cops.

I would have ripped, whatever "it" was, up and thrown it in the trash.

Everybody would have gotten to their destination on time, instead of losing a day and being terrorized.

HOLLYWOOD
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
LOL! Loved that scene!

Someone posted that the DHS 2013 bill has like $700-800 Million budgeted for Air Marshall costs. Incredible waste of money and more tyranny.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Sarah11650/LJ Art/gifs/firstwatch.gif