PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann: Did Romney Commit A Felony By Failing To Correctly Report His Status At Bain?

Sentinelrv
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
This is the first I've heard of this, but Ben Swann seems to think it could be pretty significant. Does anyone think there is anything to it? It would be a dream come true to have Romney blown out of the presidential race because of something like this. We've all been waiting for a scandal to hit Mitt. It could give Ron Paul the opportunity to move forward as the replacement. I have my fingers crossed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iK9dSwcEjao

ClydeCoulter
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow. I'll be waiting for the result of this....

Chester Copperpot
07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Maybe we can get a perfect storm here... Obama shooting down Romney with this in an attempt to kill off his opposition... And get Paul the nomination..

I know its not likely.

But you never know.

Sentinelrv
07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Here is another video on it by Matt Larson. And a question, did Mitt Romney ever release his tax returns? I know he was trying to avoid it, but I'm not sure if he ever actually released them. If not, maybe this is why. He was trying to hide something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZg-Oflxg8g&feature=plcp

RonPaulMall
07-13-2012, 12:31 AM
It's hard to imagine a more irrelevant and downright ridiculous "controversy" than this, yet the MSM has already spent more time covering it in the past two days than they've spent discussing the Federal Reserve over the course of decades. This is only the start of the irrelevancies that will dominate the news cycle from now until our next puppet in chief is elected.

KCIndy
07-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Call me cynical, but I'm not gonna be holding my breath.

Look at all the clowns in Obama's administration who had to scurry around and pay their taxes - well after the fact - when the heat was on.

Heck, look at AG Holder playing a giant game of CYA after all his shenanigans in the "Fast and Furious" scandal.

If those guys didn't get in any trouble, Romney won't either. Those at certain levels of power would damn near have to strangle someone with their bare hands in front of a dozen cameras at a live news conference in order to land in any real trouble... and even then, I'm not really sure anything would happen. :(

RonPaulMall
07-13-2012, 12:51 AM
If those guys didn't get in any trouble, Romney won't either. Those at certain levels of power would damn near have to strangle someone with their bare hands in front of a dozen cameras at a live news conference in order to land in any real trouble... and even then, I'm not really sure anything would happen. :(

Yeah, and remember that the "scandal" here is not strangling someone, but giving a mistaken answer to a question on form you have to fill out when you run for President. Romney had nothing to gain by answering the question one way or the other. It's not like he was trying to pull something over on somebody or gain some unfair advantage. The worst case scenario here is that Romney made a mistake when filling out a form. This is what these morons in the media think we should be talking about. Not foreign policy, not the Fed, not civil liberties or spending. Nope. Let's talk about who does a better job filling out irrelevant Presidential filing forms.

CPUd
07-13-2012, 12:59 AM
If it gets too bad, they will name their VP pick.

awake
07-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Isn't it great! Which person for the higest, most powerful position in the land has comitted more criminal acts...and you get the privilage of selecting between the two.

BTW Drone commander Obama wins by a landslide as current sitting president.

kathy88
07-13-2012, 06:04 AM
The republicans are so anti-Obama that even if he DID commit a felony they will rabidly defend him and still go vote. He is, after all THEIR criminal.

coastie
07-13-2012, 06:46 AM
The republicans are so anti-Obama that even if he DID commit a felony they will rabidly defend him and still go vote. He is, after all THEIR criminal.

^nailed it.

Principles no longer matter, and haven't for quite sometime. It's all about being on the winning team.

tod evans
07-13-2012, 06:48 AM
^nailed it.

Principles no longer matter, and haven't for quite sometime. It's all about being on the winning team.

Rah-Rah..........Tailgate politics..

Idiots!

kathy88
07-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah, and remember that the "scandal" here is not strangling someone, but giving a mistaken answer to a question on form you have to fill out when you run for President. Romney had nothing to gain by answering the question one way or the other. It's not like he was trying to pull something over on somebody or gain some unfair advantage. The worst case scenario here is that Romney made a mistake when filling out a form. This is what these morons in the media think we should be talking about. Not foreign policy, not the Fed, not civil liberties or spending. Nope. Let's talk about who does a better job filling out irrelevant Presidential filing forms.

BULLSHIT. There were no mistakes. He knew his continued involvement was felonious. He's a dirty lying entitled prick. And he's dangerous because he will say anything he's told. He has no real convictions of his own. Anything outside of his privileged existence is so foreign to him he doesn't even pretend to be intelligent. I hope the Libs push hard for his taxes and this blows up huge. It won't stop him from getting the nom, but it sure will be fun to watch.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/black-swan-event-2011.jpg

jkr
07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
HE CAN BEAT oBAMa!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA

Bern
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Did anything ever come of the Waukesha County sandwich bribery investigation? Last news I saw came out April 16 and the investigation was supposed to be nearly complete. Then... crickets.

http://waukesha.patch.com/articles/probe-into-romney-sub-sandwich-bribe-allegations-nearly-done

http://gulagbound.com/29003/investigation-of-romney-for-bribery-election-subterfuge-in-wisconsin-primary/

angelatc
07-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Here is another video on it by Matt Larson. And a question, did Mitt Romney ever release his tax returns? I know he was trying to avoid it, but I'm not sure if he ever actually released them. If not, maybe this is why. He was trying to hide something.

[video=yout=plcp[/video]

This is what I hate about GOP candidates. They are always on defense, never on offense. If I were Mitt Romney, I'd tell the world I'd release my tax returns when Obama released his college transcripts.

I think Swann is wrong on this one. Even WaPo says that this is pretty much a lie from the Obama campaign. But that won't stop the liberals from repeating it from now until we die. People have no real interest in facts, when slander is much more effective.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html)

The one thing new we saw in the Globe story was the assertion that “Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain ‘executive’ in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.” But then we realized we had already reviewed those documents in January. The 2001 form describes him as a “former executive” (see page 1 of form A-5 (http://romneyfacts.com/assets/Personal Financial Forms/Personal finances/SFI/2001 SFI WMR.pdf)) — the campaign says this was retirement pay — but the 2002 form (http://www.romneyfacts.com/assets/Personal Financial Forms/Personal finances/SFI/2002 SFI WMR.pdf) says “executive.” So either you believe he suddenly rejoined the firm, after leaving it, or someone made a typo.

TrishW
07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
If it has nothing to do with a sex scandal, then no problem.

jay_dub
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
This is what I hate about GOP candidates. They are always on defense, never on offense. If I were Mitt Romney, I'd tell the world I'd release my tax returns when Obama released his college transcripts.

I think Swann is wrong on this one. Even WaPo says that this is pretty much a lie from the Obama campaign. But that won't stop the liberals from repeating it from now until we die. People have no real interest in facts, when slander is much more effective.

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html

I wouldn't be too quick in dismissing the Swann report. He cited incorporation documents from Delaware and an SEC official. The Obama campaign may may more of it than what is there, but it doesn't look good from any angle. Ben does qualify his report in saying how Romney may be clear of any charges, but it may be hard to nuance a figurehead into having managerial control on 5 companies at start-up.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2012, 10:10 PM
BULLSHIT. There were no mistakes. He knew his continued involvement was felonious. He's a dirty lying entitled prick. And he's dangerous because he will say anything he's told. He has no real convictions of his own. Anything outside of his privileged existence is so foreign to him he doesn't even pretend to be intelligent. I hope the Libs push hard for his taxes and this blows up huge. It won't stop him from getting the nom, but it sure will be fun to watch.

I don't think you understand the issue. There would have been nothing "felonious" about Romney working for Bain Capital. The "felony" would have occurred this year. When you run for President, the government makes you fill out a bunch of forms. The allegation is that answered one of the questions incorrectly. And if you "knowingly" provide false information on these forms, that's a "felony". They are accusing him of making a felonious paperwork error. I agree that Romney is without conviction and a horrible candidate which is why attacking him on something as silly and irrelevant as this is so dumb.

angelatc
07-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't be too quick in dismissing the Swann report. He cited incorporation documents from Delaware and an SEC official. The Obama campaign may may more of it than what is there, but it doesn't look good from any angle. Ben does qualify his report in saying how Romney may be clear of any charges, but it may be hard to nuance a figurehead into having managerial control on 5 companies at start-up.

Right. The former SEC official is a big Obama donor. If he was in the SEC back in the day, why didn't he pursue it at that time? Because he knew the truth, maybe?

It's hard for me to believe that someone having managerial control over five companies would work for $100k a year.

Even the libs at FactCheck.org are saying this is a lie: http://factcheck.org/2012/07/romneys-bain-years-new-evidence-same-conclusion/

None of the SEC filings show that Romney was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said. It should not surprise anyone that Romney retained certain titles while he was working out the final disposition of his ownership, for example. (http://factcheck.org/2012/07/romneys-bain-years-new-evidence-same-conclusion/)

Liberty4life
07-13-2012, 10:30 PM
This will just be manipulated at the very end to ensure an Obama win if anything, no it wont end his candidacy, until then.
This is just ONE of the surprises waiting in the wings.

angelatc
07-13-2012, 10:37 PM
This will just be manipulated at the very end to ensure an Obama win if anything, no it wont end his candidacy, until then.
This is just ONE of the surprises waiting in the wings.

Actually, it looks like this might blow up in Obama's face.

I don't really care. I'd like to see them both implode, and end up with a Ron Paul/Gary johnson ticket. But that's probably not going to happen - LOL.

Tiffalina
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't know how they would prove that he was actually 'managing' in the company. Seems subjective as I'm sure he wasn't being obvious about it. It would be amazing though if he lost the nomination because of this. Not likely at all, but amazing. :)

angelatc
07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't know how they would prove that he was actually 'managing' in the company. Seems subjective as I'm sure he wasn't being obvious about it. It would be amazing though if he lost the nomination because of this. Not likely at all, but amazing. :)

It also seems superhuman. Managing a company the size of Bain as well as managing a project as screwed up as the SLC Olympics simultaneously, all while taking home a salary of 100k and listing yourself as a retired executive on the year end statement all so you could pretend to be working less hard than you were actually working, setting yourself up to lie about it on a form in Presidential run at some point in the future?

What am I missing here? Was there a law that said he couldn't run both outfits simultaneously? If there wasn't, why would he claim that he resigned, taking a huge salary cut, if he didn't really want to resign?

Natural Citizen
07-15-2012, 06:26 PM
It also seems superhuman. Managing a company the size of Bain as well as managing a project as screwed up as the SLC Olympics simultaneously, all while taking home a salary of 100k and listing yourself as a retired executive on the year end statement all so you could pretend to be working less hard than you were actually working, setting yourself up to lie about it on a form in Presidential run at some point in the future?

What am I missing here? Was there a law that said he couldn't run both outfits simultaneously? If there wasn't, why would he claim that he resigned, taking a huge salary cut, if he didn't really want to resign?

Remember when Mitt said that corporations were people too? Even though really they are not, they just basically hijacked personhood and claimed the constitution and all phenomena thereof. But do you remember that? Like humans, I guess that they are able to be delegated duty. See how that works? You don't, do you? It's OK. Hardly anyone does, really. Superhuman was a great choice of words though. Comparable to a Super Congress, I guess.

That's what I think you're missing. Of course, what do I know...

Win the battle for citizenship and you get your country back though, methinks. It baffles me to no end why all of the energy is placed into the other law suit when this is the one that would change everything once and for all if some brave young attorney had the stones to pull it off. Of course, I've not seen one so am left wondering if it's change that is the prize at all as opposed to more of the same with a simple power shift being the motivating factor.

JK/SEA
07-15-2012, 07:01 PM
//

parocks
07-15-2012, 08:24 PM
//

parocks
07-15-2012, 08:26 PM

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/black-swan-event-2011.jpg

I see that graphic.