PDA

View Full Version : Drudge - ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Updated with ETA -

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

ROFLing!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuc_kRWAFtQ-29wowqJf-2W2JL5uKyr1-8a3hZB6A4c1L9LZEnmw

http://www.drudgereport.com/

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Obama. Win/win.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Kelly Ayotte.

I'd almost bank on it.

wgadget
07-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I immediately thought: RON PAUL

Then I came back to reality.

TheTexan
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Kelly Ayotte.

I'd almost bank on it.

Yep. Romney can't win without a game changer.

Which is true... but haven't we gone down that road before? Maybe he'll go black. Or Asian.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:33 PM

Which is true... but haven't we gone down that road before? Maybe he'll go black. Or Asian.

Oh god.

Condi Rice.

Ergh...

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Joe the Plumber! Gotta get those blue-collar votes!

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
The headline now says... "ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER"

Ugh!!!!

wgadget
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
She has said many times: NOT INTERESTED.

Hmmm.

AuH20
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Condoleeza???? Who is advising Romney???

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
The headline now says... "ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER"

Ugh!!!!

Do I...do I laugh or cry here?

jbauer
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
So we should basically take the "we need a new military draft" idea and bank on it?

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Bwahahaha! Lol. I gotta get a beer on this one.

NoOneButPaul
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
The more and more I think about it the more and more I'm convinced it's going to be Ron.

we can't forget... the delegates select the VP...

Zippyjuan
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
American Spectator only says a decision has been made but the announcement could be anytime between now and the convention. http://spectator.org/blog/2012/07/12/mitts-made-his-vp-choice

The Hill confirms: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/237681-romney-to-select-vp-before-the-convention

Mitt Romney will select his vice presidential running mate before the Republican National Convention at the end of August, his campaign said Thursday.

"We're getting ready to share some exciting news. Sometime between now and the Republican convention, Mitt will be announcing his choice for VP," Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in an e-mail to supporters.

Calling the pairing "America's comeback team," the fundraising ask offered donors the chance to meet Romney and his eventual choice for vice president.

The presumptive Republican nominee has been tight-lipped about his deliberation process, enough so that even signaling that the choice would come before the convention — as is traditional — made waves.

In fact, during a town hall event in Colorado earlier this week, a supporter asked Romney if he'd be making his choice "before or after" the convention.

"Yes," Romney quipped, drawing laughs from the crowd.

But Romney provided little insight beyond that, telling supporters at the Colorado event he couldn't provide more of a timeline on his vice presidential selection.

Instead, the Republican hopeful simply pledged that "the person I choose you will look at and say 'that person could be president if necessary.'" But who that person could be remains the subject of intense speculation.

Among the possibilities: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who Romney himself confirmed was under consideration, and Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), who told ABC News earlier this week that he had met multiple times with Romney's vetting team.

devil21
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Gotta have someone practiced in the art of lying to the American public about false justifications for war. Condi was front and center over the Iraq bullshit, so why not have such a person to run the con over again with Iran?

A black female makes for great identity politics but she's a horrible choice for catching informed voters and I don't see her bringing many of Obama's voters over to Romney. Also considering the (sometimes) racist visceral hate of Obama on the right, Im not sure picking a black woman will bring out many otherwise fence sitting Republicans.

American Spectator only says a decision has been made but the announcement could be anytime between now and the convention. http://spectator.org/blog/2012/07/12/mitts-made-his-vp-choice

The Hill confirms: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/237681-romney-to-select-vp-before-the-convention

Thanks to those media outlets for playing the role of Captain Obvious for us.

libertyfanatic
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Obama wins

AuH20
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Obama wins

But he'll lose the Senate in the process. Obama is not going to bowl over Romney but he has several state scenarios where he can slide through to re-election.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 05:47 PM

Laugh. Who did people expect with all the ex-Bush advisors working for Romney's campaign? ROFL

We're not voting for the fool, anyway, AF, so laugh. It's better than crying.

torchbearer
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Laugh. Who did people expect with all the ex-Bush advisors working for Romney's campaign? ROFL

We're not voting for the fool, anyway, AF, so laugh. It's better than crying.

Tell you what, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcm.htm

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!

The timing of the announcement is now set for 'coming weeks'.

MORE

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney's Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

Rice made an extended argument for American leadership in the world.

In recent days, she emailed supporters.

"2012 is perhaps a turning point for the United States," she warned.

"The upcoming elections loom as one of the most important in my lifetime. I'm very often asked to speak about our current foreign policy and the challenges that lie before us. However, we, as a country, are not going to be able to address any of those international challenges unless we first get our domestic house in order."

Developing...

jkob
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Ugh could there be a worse combination?

I hope Rand is feeling really stupid

jbauer
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Romney/Cheney? Romney/Obama? Romney/Hitler?

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM

He's too busy giving billions to Israel to notice.

AuH20
07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Romney's people must be tonedeaf. There is no excitement or appeal with Rice. At least, McCain hit it big with Palin who was controversial. Rice is a product of a failed administration and a far cry from a traditional conservative.

Zippyjuan
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Still speculation at this point with the article indicating that she is "near the top" though not necessarily the choice.
Article from May:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/condoleezza-rice-vp-vice-president_n_1477734.html

Condoleezza Rice has some thoughts on what Mitt Romney should be looking for in a running mate.

"Somebody who actually wants to run for office would be a good start," the former Secretary of State said at a conference in San Jose, according to the Sacramento Bee.

She added that she thinks Romney will "find a fine vice president."

A CNN poll conducted last month indicated that Rice herself is at the top of the list of Republicans' wish list for Romney's running mate with 26 percent of Republican voters naming her as their first choice.

Her name has repeatedly surfaced as a potential VP pick, but she has said she is not interested.

“I think we should go another direction and find somebody who really wants to be in elected office,” Rice told Fox News in March. “How many ways can I say it? Not me.”

And yes, the denial of interest is meaningless but I found the poll numbers interesting.

AuH20
07-12-2012, 05:57 PM
This is nothing more than a cowardly counter-move by Romney's people who are letting Obama's race baiters dictate their strategy. Who cares if you have minority on your ticket if she is the left of you politically??? You never let your political opponent box you into a corner. Talk about sensitivity by the Romney people in regards to the race issue.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-12-2012, 05:57 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

libertyfanatic
07-12-2012, 05:58 PM
The Repubs must be purposely trying to lose.

trey4sports
07-12-2012, 06:00 PM
ohh yeah..... nothing signals more war like a neocon veep.

Zippyjuan
07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Another piece on her after the same poll:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/04/romney--condi-rice-vp-vice-president-2012.html

A new CNN survey of GOP voter preferences for Mitt Romney's future running mate reaches a surprising conclusion. With 26 percent of the vote, Condoleezza Rice leads all other contenders, including guys like Rick Santorum, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Paul Ryan.

Rice hasn't been considered a very plausible contender in the Mitt Romney veepstakes so far, and perhaps with good reason. Rice was a central figure in the Bush administration, particularly in terms of homeland security and foreign policy, which are most prominently defined by the worst terrorist attack in American history and a widely unpopular war, respectively. And if the Obama campaign decides to portray a potential Romney presidency as a retread of the Bush years, putting one of Bush's closest advisers on the ticket would be a big help. Rice has also repeatedly, and as recently as yesterday, denied interest in joining Romney's ticket, although that's something everyone says, whether it's true or not.

Bush taint aside, though, Rice seems to be exactly what Romney needs. She's a woman, and, as has been well-documented, women voters aren't very fond of Romney, even after Hillary Rosen said that mean thing about his wife. (She's also black, although we doubt her inclusion on the ticket would shift the black vote away from Obama in any substantial way.) She's obviously qualified and knowledgeable, so Romney won't have to worry about another Sarah Palin situation. Romney could also use some help firing up his own Republican base, and as the CNN poll shows, they're big fans of Rice, ill-conceived wars notwithstanding. Also, and perhaps most importantly: Alliteration.

We still think Romney will ultimately decide that the Bush taint (and we do apologize for saying that over and over) outweighs the potential benefits of having Rice on the ticket. But we wouldn't be completely shocked if he doesn't.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Did you watch the CSPAN clip with the supposed vote? You should. Because all I could hear is one aye.

I sent an email to Rand's office to find out how he voted.

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Obama. Win/win.
LOL! so true

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Did you watch the CSPAN clip with the supposed vote? You should. Because all I could hear is one aye.

I sent an email to Rand's office to find out how he voted.

Please let us know.

AJ Antimony
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
This just keeps getting easier for Obama...

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
But he'll lose the Senate in the process. Obama is not going to bowl over Romney but he has several state scenarios where he can slide through to re-election.
Obama will win quite comfortably. Romney is such a terrible candidate.

Miss Annie
07-12-2012, 06:10 PM
The Repubs must be purposely trying to lose.

I would put my money on this one!

AuH20
07-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Obama will win quite comfortably. Romney is such a terrible candidate.

Romney is a bad candidate but the anti-Obama sentiment has approached Bush levels of acrimony. People don't care how or why he is replaced. I think this factor keeps it close.

Feeding the Abscess
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM

The team of Bush/Cheney advisors that make up Romney's advisory team. Including Michael Chertoff.

Zippyjuan
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Obama hasn't hit the lows Bush had- but in some places, Romney is rated even worse than Bush.
From June 27th so data is recent: http://www.pensitoreview.com/2012/06/27/new-polls-spotlight-romneys-biggest-vunerability-people-dont-like-him/

George W. Bush ended his term as president in January 2009 with just one signature “accomplishment”: After eight years, he left office as the most unpopular president in the history of presidential polling — his unfavorable ratings were upside down for 39 straight months. When he finally flew back to Texas for good, Bush’s approval was a miserable 34 percent, according to Gallup.

Which brings us to Mitt Romney, the man who would be Bush’s successor as the next Republican president — the candidate who all but refuses to mention Bush as he campaigns — and the pol whose unfavorables among voters, especially in swing states are as bad, or, in at least one case, worse than Bush’s.

In the new NBC/Wall St. Journal poll, Romney’s favorable-unfavorable rating [PDF] is 33 to 39 percent, which is down 6 points from their previous survey. (And by the way, the poll found that George Bush’s approval is still upside down and even sinking with voters; it’s 36-45 percent, a whopping 9-point slide from the previous poll.)

Pres. Obama leads Romney overall in the poll, 47 to 43 percent. The president’s favorable-unfavorable is 48 to 38 percent, which is unchanged.

Romney’s favorable rating is down to 30% in swing states in one poll – worse than George Bush’s overall 34% overall favorable rating when he left office.

Sola_Fide
07-12-2012, 06:26 PM
These Republican dummies think identity politics is where its at.

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Romney is a bad candidate but the anti-Obama sentiment has approached Bush levels of acrimony. People don't care how or why he is replaced. I think this factor keeps it close.
I think the "anti-Obama" levels are overblown. Given the right candidate, yes they could stoke the fire (Rand Paul), but Mitt ain't it. He can't appeal to the base or the independents.

Origanalist
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Updated with ETA -

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

ROFLing!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuc_kRWAFtQ-29wowqJf-2W2JL5uKyr1-8a3hZB6A4c1L9LZEnmw

http://www.drudgereport.com/

That picture creeps me out, there's death in those eyes.

AuH20
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
These Republican dummies think identity politics is where its at.

They are fools. The key to winning elections is generating invigorating energy at the grassroots level. You know the folks who canvas, call, and generate first hand interest in the candidate. Besides a giant swell of anti-Obama sentiment, I don't think the wave is big enough to carry them across the finish line in terms of enthusiasm.

Meatwasp
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Cry baby cry. I'll join you

puppetmaster
07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Condolences condi

AuH20
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
I think the "anti-Obama" levels are overblown. Given the right candidate, yes they could stoke the fire (Rand Paul), but Mitt ain't it. He can't appeal to the base or the independents.

Not really. Only a little more than 55% of the nation generally votes in the general election. If enough uninitiated come out of the woodwork, they could cause major problems for Obama and it wouldn't have to be a major shift, but simply a 5% move of new voters specifically aligned against him. But like you said Romney isn't exactly the right person to tap into that general disgust.

Brett85
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol. So Romney thinks that people want to return to the Bush years?

thoughtomator
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
There is hardly a candidate that can more assure the abandonment of the GOP by the liberty movement than Rice.

This to me says that they are going to start the war before the election.

AuH20
07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol. So Romney thinks that people want to return to the Bush years?

I think he just wants to add some color to his ticket to fight off the rich, white man stigma the Obama people have planned for him. But Condi is such a hollow, unappealing candidate for VP. Bad strategy.

musicmax

Bibi. Wolfowitz. Feith. Ledeen. Cheney. Kristol.

Brett85
This is just stupid. Isn't Rice pro choice as well? That's really going to go over well with social conservatives.

musicmax
07-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Romney/Cheney? Romney/Obama? Romney/Hitler?

With Condi he checks all those boxes!

musicmax
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
There is hardly a candidate that can more assure the abandonment of the GOP by the liberty movement than Rice.

Willard's already done that.

When I asked the Romney campaign why the 17 delegates had been rejected, they referred me to the Massachusetts Republican Party. But the party, in a statement from the Allocation Committee chairman, says it was the Romney campaign's decision to bounce the 17 Paul supporters:

"Governor Romney's campaign, through its representative on the Allocation Committee, made the decision not to certify certain delegates and alternate delegates who were unwilling to sign and return on time the affidavit sent out by the Allocation Committee affirming that they would cast their vote for Governor Romney at the National Convention in Tampa," the statement reads. It concludes with the committee's agreement that the dispute over affidavits constituted "'just cause' for not being certified as national delegates."

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/blogs/death-race/2012/07/whos-afraid-of-these-ron-paul-delegates.html#ixzz20SVUwAbG

Distinguished Gentleman
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
It will be interesting to see where Condi stands on a lot of issues. According to wiki, she thought W had an ideal position on abortion. On foreign policy, I associate her with a lot of awful, but it's hard to know exactly where she stood in the decision process.
It"ll be a totally new look for her if she starts giving speeches about healtcare and economics. I'm looking forward to the theatre.

kahless
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
YES 64.62% (39,164 votes)
NO 35.38% (21,441 votes)

Total Votes: 60,605

I really have a hard time believing this poll is legit. If you put her up against other Neocons on other Neocons sites I suspect she would poll at the bottom of the pack.

I am guessing wishful staff are promoting this or maybe they are trying to boost Ad revenue which is likely down in a slow news cycle. This is a good way to boost traffic by getting people to come to drudge to vote "no" in the poll.

falconplayer11
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcm.htm

Condi Rice epitomizes neoconservative foreign policy. This is a total joke. I cannot believe Rand even lent momentary support to this guy and that Ron thinks he is going to somehow "convince" Romney to be libertarian.

Ron should have stuck to his principles and run third party. We are being left with two horrible candidates. Horrible. I blame Ron Paul for allowing the GOP to return back to its neocon roots. He had so much going. So much momentum. Now it is all going to go to waste. Yes, we may pass Audit the Fed, but if Romney and Condi are in the White House, the results of the audit are not going to get the publicity they deserve. Indeed, they won't get any publicity. If Condi wants to go to war all over the world, she'll need the Fed. And Romney last year said Bernanke was doing a "great job".

Ron needs to do something. He needs to say something. Does he really think he is going to make a difference with a little speech at the convention? No one is going to care what he says. Romney is going to win and will bring neoconservativism back to the White House. Am I right?

falconplayer11
07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Is Ron Paul not obligated to speak out against this decision after all he has said and written about Iraq, Afghanistan, and our foreign policy? He obviously does not like Condi Rice. Why not just say so? Be honest and open? Why does it seem like he stopped doing that three months ago?

(Yes, I know it's not a final decision. But it sure is looking like it is going to come to fruition.)

trey4sports
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM
my guess is that in the next couple days the Romney squad will be floating 2 or 3 names and actively gauging the base's response. I don't think the decision is 100% made yet.

libertyfanatic
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
This is just stupid. Isn't Rice pro choice as well? That's really going to go over well with social conservatives.
So is Romney.

falconplayer11
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
President: Mitt Romney
Vice President: Condi Rice
Secretary of State: John Bolton

Neoconservatism epitomized.

newbitech
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM

This to me says that they are going to start the war before the election.

You do mean perpetuate the wars, right? Cause we are technically already at war with just about everyone we don't give free money too.

thoughtomator
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
That picture creeps me out, there's death in those eyes.

With good reason. She's a mass murderer, pure and simple.

cajuncocoa
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Neocons will swoon over this news.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM

You, my brother, have won the Internets today.

I could sit here all day and +rep and still be far behind the level of reppiness that post deserves.

Did I mention +rep?

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Also considering the (sometimes) racist visceral hate of Obama on the right, Im not sure picking a black woman will bring out many otherwise fence sitting Republicans.

"That nigg*r in the White House has got to go" - exact quote I have heard more than once from "mainstream" GOPers.

Erm...

TheTexan
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
"That nigg*r in the White House has got to go" - exact quote I have heard more than once from "mainstream" GOPers.

Erm...

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dont-renig-in-2012.jpg

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM

<snort>

Bwhahahahhahahah!!!

Oh yeah, right off to hell with me.

anaconda
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
She should be in federal prison with Rumsfeld and others.

phill4paul
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM

<snort>

Bwhahahahhahahah!!!

Oh yeah, right off to hell with me.

Count me in. Damn. I'm laughin' AND I'm crying. Lololol.

cindy25
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM

going black would be insane; blacks will still vote for Obama. a Hispanic makes some sense but strictly electoral the best choice is Pam Bondi or Rand Paul. Bondi because of Florida and Obamacare. Rand to get Libertarians. who/what does Condi bring? blacks? NO California? NO Libertarians? NO the base? She is pro-choice, pro-war

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
going black would be insane; blacks will still vote for Obama. a Hispanic makes some sense but strictly electoral the best choice is Pam Bondi or Rand Paul. Bondi because of Florida and Obamacare. Rand to get Libertarians. who/what does Condi bring? blacks? NO California? NO Libertarians? NO the base? She is pro-choice, pro-war

It seems, if teh internets are to be believed, that he did exactly that.

Condi Rice - VP

kill the banks
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
give me a Constitutional coup d'état ... hang them high with a badge ... goodbye bitches ! (and kill the bank)

anaconda
07-12-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYa9EFcvsrE&feature=related

Ron Paul also appears throughout the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn3wOnq3OgY

anaconda
07-12-2012, 08:08 PM
blacks? NO California? NO Libertarians? NO

Women voters? Mittens needs women voters.

cindy25
07-12-2012, 08:11 PM
if the Dem ticket was Hillary/Richardson then picking Condi would be a sensible choice, but Romney picking Condi will be a disaster.

AuH20

Single women go to Obama at a 2 to 1 ratio over Romney. As much as I don't like Romney, that huge disparity isn't entirely all his fault. Single women voters appear to be suckers for Obama's emotional pleas to heal the oceans and feed the destitute.

cindy25

then pick Bondi.

bunklocoempire
07-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Makes perfect sense. They're selling emotion and not anything else. Romney happens to be a robot... amiright?

Hannity likes him some Condi. She's a conservative African American ya know...freinds with Clarence Thomas ya know... very nice and respectful to W. Bush ya know..she's a woman ya know..

Talk about your emotional rescue. Same scenario with Palin. Nobody that I know of voted for McCain -they said they voted for Palin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Ha3BJDStc

And the emotional Hannity lovers are the ones the GOP establishment is always selling to. They love some Condi too. They buy and are invested in emotion, not ideas.

There is no way Hannity wouldn't schill for Condi & Mitt.

Hey GOP establishment/Romney campaign,

Menudo's manager called

-he wants his boy band formula back.

:toady:

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Single women go to Obama at a 2 to 1 ratio over Romney. As much as I don't like Romney, that huge disparity isn't entirely all his fault. Single women voters appear to be suckers for Obama's emotional pleas to heal the oceans and feed the destitute.

And blacks went, what was it, 98% for Obama last time?

If anybody is thinking that this will shift either of those demographics, they've got stones in their head.

<<<looks around>>>

Did Jesse Benton go to work for Romney last week or something?

trey4sports
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
we can all sleep tight knowing Mitt's team will test each and every option availible via his focus panel and rest assured, they will figure out exactly what you and I want to hear and proceed to tell us.

anaconda
07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
then pick Bondi.

She's a state attorney general which might possibly be a new record for lack of credentials to be VP.

Plague-of-Locutus
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I really haven't looked up or seen examples where Condi plays the part of attack dog, especially for Romney.

However, I have seen Ron Paul play that part in debates and do it well.

Isn't that a desired trait in a VP nominee ?

anaconda
07-12-2012, 08:49 PM
we can all sleep tight knowing Mitt's team will test each and every option availible via his focus panel and rest assured, they will figure out exactly what you and I want to hear and proceed to tell us.

^This. My guess is that Mittens himself has very little say in the matter.

anaconda
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Lisa Murkowski?

jbauer
07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Well....

Atleast Rand can run in '16. Lets hope the boat is still afloat by then.

RonPaulMall
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
then pick Bondi.

What evidence do you have that a woman candidate would help sway women voters? A physically attractive male candidate is far more likely to sway women voters than a good looking "conservative" woman candidate. Attractive women politicians turn off other female voters. Women are more likely to support a good looking man. Romney is already good looking enough on his own to entice married women voters. Single women tend to vote Democratic because single women are the greatest beneficiaries of state and local welfare benefits that Democrats champion, and there is nothing the GOP can do to sway them.

jolynna
07-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I am NOT surprised that Rice was in 1st place with the regular GOP who watch FOX 24/7. All that fear-mongering and hate toward Muslims has them crazed with fear that Iranians are going to nuke the U.S. any second if we don't take Iran out first. As for moderates who don't pay attention to politics, all they know is that Rice was Secretary of State, like Hillary and carries herself well. They don't have a clue that Rice was the top Vulcan out of a slew of unsavory vulcans. They just know she appears ladylike and smart and was Secretary of State. And some of THEM might like that she is black. The neocons will forgive Rice for being black because she won't be soft on any Muslims or Russia.

There is a bestselling book called Rise of the Vulcans about Bush and the foreign advisers Bush put together before he began campaigning. The foreign advisers were nicknamed the Vulcans and Rice was the "top Vulcan". Bush and Rice began putting together Bush's strategy in 1998. After Bush was elected, the Vulcans were appointed to top positions on Bush's cabinet. I expect they will get the same from Romney.

The infamous Project for the New American Century, the think tank formed in 1997, had significant Vulcan membership

Information about the Vulcans and Rice and how Bush appointed ALL OF THEM to top cabinet positions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vulcans

Is there ANY doubt that Romney and Bibi are about to Iraq Iran?

My own opinion.

lx43
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Cry for liberty!

cindy25
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
would the delegates vote for pro-choice Condi or pro-life Rand?

no delegate is bound for VP; McCain wanted Lieberman , not Palin

as for Bondi, she would show Romney is serious about getting rid of RomneyObamacare

Anti Federalist
07-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Mark Levin is disapprove.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/12/levin-on-condi-as-vp-pick-a-damn-conservative-audio/?google_editors_picks=true

TomtheTinker
07-13-2012, 01:37 AM
The Romney camp is just grabbing headlines.

coffeewithchess
07-13-2012, 01:55 AM
The Romney camp is just grabbing headlines.

This. Get some other news out, that isn't a negative on Romney. Good politics, even if not true. Keeps the "conservative" public in their zombie "wonder mode" with mouths hanging open drooling, thinking "Anybody but Obama! Anybody but Obama!" and they don't focus on the fact that Romney and Obama are the same...and the last effective VP was?
Let's look at Al Gore? Dick Cheney? How about Vice President Biden?

If the Romney campaign is having to "leak" this info for news, what in the world will the election look like...

CaptUSA
07-13-2012, 03:48 AM
This is nothing...

The Romney camp knows that if they want to win, they have to appeal to Ron Paul voters. There is no other way. The only question, then, is do they really want to win.

If they do, they will put Ron Paul on the ticket and let him loose. Romney will say, "I don't agree with everything this guy stands for, but I need someone like him at the highest levels in my administration advising me. We have to fix our fiscal house." Then Ron will go off message and Romney will stand a good chance of actually winning. They know that Ron Paul has already passed the "Can he be President?" test. They also know he'll have little power.

Rand won't have the same effect.

So now it comes down to one question: Do they really want to win? We'll find out soon enough. With Ron Paul, they have a chance. With anyone else, they're sunk. And they know it.

CaptUSA
07-13-2012, 03:48 AM
This is nothing...

The Romney camp knows that if they want to win, they have to appeal to Ron Paul voters. There is no other way. The only question, then, is do they really want to win.

If they do, they will put Ron Paul on the ticket and let him loose. Romney will say, "I don't agree with everything this guy stands for, but I need someone like him at the highest levels in my administration advising me. We have to fix our fiscal house." Then Ron will go off message and Romney will stand a good chance of actually winning. They know that Ron Paul has already passed the "Can he be President?" test. They also know he'll have little power.

So now it comes down to one question: Do they really want to win? We'll find out soon enough. With Ron Paul, they have a chance. With anyone else, they're sunk. And they know it.

anaconda
07-13-2012, 04:26 AM
no delegate is bound for VP; McCain wanted Lieberman , not Palin

I thought the nominee picked the VP?

AJ Antimony
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I thought the nominee picked the VP?

If the nominee is smart, he will have his list of favorites, but then it's off to the staff to vet and analyze which one will be the best choice.

If the nominee is dumb, as in McCain's case, the staff will veto his pick(s), and then make and vet a list of their own.

neocontroll
07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow this is depressing. Neocons never learn. My ironic RPF handle is suddenly less funny. Friday the 13th sucks.

AJ Antimony
07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
This is nothing...

I think the GOP just doesn't understand that they need the Paul voters in order to win. This shouldn't be a surprise.

After all, this is the same GOP that actually nominated, in a landslide, the single least credible Republican in the entire country to challenge Obama on Obamacare.

anaconda
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
If the nominee is smart, he will have his list of favorites, but then it's off to the staff to vet and analyze which one will be the best choice.

If the nominee is dumb, as in McCain's case, the staff will veto his pick(s), and then make and vet a list of their own.

I'm a little slow here...are you implying the "list" gets turned over to the delegates?

anaconda
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Wow this is depressing. Neocons never learn.

I am most surprised that the public continues to feel compelled to vote for whomever the establishment promotes. At least the neocons are trying to accomplish what they think is in their own best selfish interests. The GOP base continues to shoot themselves in the foot. This Romney thing seems like a deja vu of McCain. The neocons are trapped because they can't offer up a liberty candidate without capitulating their power.

anaconda
07-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Mark Levin is disapprove.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/12/levin-on-condi-as-vp-pick-a-damn-conservative-audio/?google_editors_picks=true

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?339354-Take-The-No-Levin-Challenge

AJ Antimony
07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm a little slow here...are you implying the "list" gets turned over to the delegates?

No... Maybe you can clarify what your question exactly is?

I'm trying to answer how a VP is picked.

How it works officially: The national delegates, through a vote, select their VP nominee.
How it works practically: The presumptive nominee and his staff come up with a list of possible VP choices, vet them all, then pick their favorite. Then the national delegates confirm the selection with a voice vote because they worship their nominee no matter what.

Peace&Freedom
07-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm not really into the "who's going to be Romney's VP pick?" The only thing that interests me about Romney is his defeat, by Paul at the convention, or in the election. The horror of Condi could possibly shake up or wake up some more delegates, and cause them to vote Paul or to abstain at the nomination vote. Perhaps if we spread the meme that "by his choices, Romney is already betraying social conservatives" and pointed to Condi being on his short list, along with his judicial picks as Governor (3 out of 4 of whom turned out to be social liberals), we could shave some more delegates Paul's way.