PDA

View Full Version : Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

John F Kennedy III
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

Susanne Posel
Infowars.com
July 12, 2012

http://occupycorporatism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/6a00e54f9153e088330162fcd81ba1970d-500wi.jpg

The globalist design for micro-apartments is being championed by New York’s Mayor Michael Bloomberg. These “studio and one-bedroom apartments” will be no bigger than 275 to 300 sq ft. These tiny living spaces are smaller than currently allowed by building regulations, according to a statement by Bloomberg’s office; however the zoning regulations will be waived in over to construct the first of many compact pack ‘em and stack ‘em housing model in the city-owned area of Kips Bay.

The intention is to construct an area in NY that accommodates restricted housing space, eliminates car use in favor for walking and bicycling and promotes mass transit. Herding the expanding population into dense areas and smaller living spaces will instill the new class of poor and obligate their psychological transition toward accepting the Agenda 21 megacity concept .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuqSaM1vfjA&feature=player_embedded

According to the globalists at America 2050, “metropolitan regions will be an interlocking economic system, shared natural resources and ecosystems, and common transportation systems link these population centers together.”

Bloomberg stated: “Developing housing that matches how New Yorkers live today is critical to the city’s continued growth, future competitiveness and long-term economic success.”

Bloomberg has announced this “ New Housing Marketplace Plan ” with directives toward financing 165,000 units that are more affordable than anything on the current market. By 2014, these units are expected to be competing to get New Yorkers out of their large apartments and single-family houses and into a tiny space to maximize functionality in a clear move toward creating Agenda 21 megacities out of existing spaces.

David Bragdon, director of the Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability asserts that: “New Yorkers can be better served by adapting the city’s apartment models to allow more efficient and sustainable homes. Today’s announcement is fulfillment of the pledge in PlaNYC, the Mayor’s long-term sustainability strategy, to update the City’s regulations to better accommodate the population and demographics of the future.”

PLaNYC 2030 is a scheme by Bloomberg, which was devised in 2007, to “prepare the city for one million more residents” to create housing in line with Agenda 21 policies in conjunction with “over 25 City agencies to work toward the vision of a greener, greater New York.”

http://occupycorporatism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/micro-apartment.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

The initiative includes transformation of hundreds of acres of land into “new parkland” and micro-sized units that are built adjacent to public transit systems. These plans will force New Yorkers out of their cars and into highly-dense areas where living space is severely limited in an effort to “reduce greenhouse gas emissions 13% below 2005 levels.”

A request made by the Department of Housing Preservation and Development states that the program called adAPT NYC is specifically aimed at the building of smaller homes in accommodation for the growing population in NY.

Robert K. Steel, deputy mayor for Economic Development stated: “Under Mayor Bloomberg’s leadership, New York City continues to be a magnet for talent from around the world and around the five boroughs, and with this new model for development of affordable housing, we will help ensure that New Yorkers have more options that meet their housing needs. This innovative public-private partnership will build on the Bloomberg Administration’s track record of leveraging private-sector expertise and resources to develop quality affordable housing.”

As one, two and three bedroom; as well as single-family homes sky-rocket in price in NY, these small apartments are being promoted. Seventy-five of the micro-sized units will include kitchens and bathrooms; however interior design will depend on affordability and innovative layouts that maximize space.

City planners of the future hope to have this concept spread across the nation; where young “urbanites” flock to smaller living spaces that are equal to dormitory-style living. Lowering prices will attract those on fixed incomes. Officials in Manhattan, who estimate that 46.3% of households consist of a single person, are marketing these micro-units for those who spend more time socializing outside the home.

Similar programs are slated for San Francisco where developers are currently seeking state approval for rentals as small as 150 sq ft. These apartments would be the size of a parking space . Under the guise of addressing the 42% of residents in San Francisco who live alone, Patrick Kennedy, developer who built the Berkeley bungalow, states that this maximization of space “meets the needs of that demographic.”

Scott Wiener, project supervisor, claims that under proposed legislation developers would be allowed to build units with just 150 square feet of living space. It would also require a separate kitchen, bathroom and closet for a total of 220 square feet.

“The tenement problem was big families in very small (spaces),” Bloomberg said. “We’re not talking about that. We’re talking about one or two people who want something they can afford, and they don’t entertain or need big space.”

Bloomberg’s officials assert that this is not a scheme to warehouse the poor in NY; however what else could it be?

Kerri White, housing advocate and director for the Urban Homesteading Assistance Board , claims that these living conditions are good and that “the general attitude toward space and how we use space is very different in New York City. People are used to living in smaller quarters.”

original article here:
http://occupycorporatism.com/agenda-21-micro-apartment-scheme-being-beta-tested-in-nyc/

RickyJ
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
http://occupycorporatism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/micro-apartment.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Where is the bedroom?

I guess the living room is it, there is no other place for it.

Zippyjuan
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Driven by the UN- or by the high cost of real estate and apartments in New York? (Japan has had tiny apartments for decades).
http://news.yahoo.com/york-city-micro-apartments-aim-cozy-not-cramped-230043164.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Could apartments in New York City get any smaller? Mayor Michael Bloomberg hopes so.

On Monday he announced a competition for architects to submit designs for apartments measuring just 275 to 300 square feet (25.5 to 28 square meters) to address the shortage of homes suitable and affordable for the city's growing population of one- and two-person households.

"People from all over the world want to live in New York City, and we must develop a new, scalable housing model that is safe, affordable and innovative to meet their needs," the mayor said in a statement announcing the "adAPT NYC" competition.

Bloomberg said the city plans to waive zoning requirements at a city-owned lot in the Kips Bay neighborhood of Manhattan to allow the construction of a building filled with the "micro-units."

They will be about four times the size of a typical prison cell and about one-fortieth the size of the mayor's Upper East Side townhouse.

Officials say there are about 1.8 million one- and two-person households in New York City, but only about a million studio and one-bedroom apartments - a sign, they say, that the city's housing stock has not kept up with its changing demographics.

Young, single New Yorkers in particular can find it hard to find an affordable apartment as demand outstrips supply.

The mayor is calling for proposals over the next two months for a building containing about 80 micro-units, all of which must have kitchens and bathrooms.

Ideally, they should also have "substantial access to light and air to create a sense of openness," according to the competition announcement.

Although the new apartments will be cozy in realtor-speak, they are unlikely to break any size records. One couple paid $150,000 for a 175-square-foot (16-square-meter) studio in Manhattan in 2009, according to the New York Post.

One look at a similar unit in Japan: http://travelhappy.info/japan/a-very-short-walk-around-a-tokyo-apartment/ In this one, the bed is above the closet. New York does not have a final design but is asking for bids on designs.

libertyfanatic
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Where is the bedroom?

It looks like the sofa folds out into a bed.

jkr
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
dats a darn nice jail cell mike!
THIS WILL INCREASE HEALTHCARE COSTS

back pain
insanity
domestic conflict

oh the hoRRor

trey4sports
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
i'd hate to have to drop a deuce and then cook dinner only feet away....

jkr
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
its like a hotel room or efficiency...

one window facing a:

John F Kennedy III
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
i'd hate to have to drop a deuce and then cook dinner only feet away....

And no bedroom.

DEGuy
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

Bloomberg has announced this “ New Housing Marketplace Plan ” with directives toward financing 165,000 units that are more affordable than anything on the current market.

I honestly wouldn't care, in an ideal free market, developers would build these if it were profitable. However, I'd be pissed if I were a taxpayer and my tax dollars were going towards supplementing the cost, therefore distorting the market. If these things take off in popularity, the government subsidies will need to continue to drive the price down and make them seem desirable. Here's my prediction: They build a lot of these, people move in, and the government slaps themselves on the back for a good job. And then somewhere down the line, they cut the subsidies, and the micro-apartments don't look like such a good deal anymore. Everyone moves out who can, and there will be a bunch of empty apartments that the owner has to take a loss on in order to rent them out. The market contracts and most of the buildings are torn down for more productive use that better reflect market conditions.

musicmax
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I honestly wouldn't care, in an ideal free market, developers would build these if it were profitable. However, I'd be pissed if I were a taxpayer and my tax dollars were going towards supplementing the cost, therefore distorting the market. If these things take off in popularity, the government subsidies will need to continue to drive the price down and make them seem desirable. Here's my prediction: They build a lot of these, people move in, and the government slaps themselves on the back for a good job. And then somewhere down the line, they cut the subsidies, and the micro-apartments don't look like such a good deal anymore. Everyone moves out who can, and there will be a bunch of empty apartments that the owner has to take a loss on in order to rent them out. The market contracts and most of the buildings are torn down for more productive use that better reflect market conditions.

After the bolded part the mundanes go back to watching American Idol.

amonasro
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Where is the bedroom?

My friend had a place just like this in Manhattan. The bed was lofted over part of the living room to create a small office. Only $1300 a month!

libertyfanatic
07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
http://shine.yahoo.com/decorating/couple-lives-240-square-foot-apartment-213500626.html

What a coincidence that Yahoo would post this story...

Acala
07-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Government should not have been regulating the size, rent, or any other aspect of housing in New York to begin with. Maybe the market produces micro apartments to meet demand and maybe it doesn't. Seems like a pretty good thing for young people just arriving in the city without much accumulated stuff and trying to save money. But not for me to decide and not a proper government concern one way or the other.

Acala
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
dats a darn nice jail cell mike!
THIS WILL INCREASE HEALTHCARE COSTS

back pain
insanity
domestic conflict

oh the hoRRor

A person concerned about any of these things shouldn't be living in New York no matter HOW big the apartment.

John F Kennedy III
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
My friend had a place just like this in Manhattan. The bed was lofted over part of the living room to create a small office. Only $1300 a month!

Ouch!