PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead's Blog: A Ronulan inside the dragon’s lair

opinionatedfool
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I didn't see this posted yet... Not sure if it was moved or what, but he has some interesting things to say.

I wish people would cut with the Doug Wead bashing. He's a great guy.

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/a-ronulan-inside-the-dragons-lair/

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I think he is too.

Monotaur
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I think he is too.

Me too.

ronpaulhawaii
07-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Me three. In fact I wonder that the Doug Wead bashing is a prime cause of the campaign's reasoning regarding the emails that caused so much hand wringing...

Todd
07-12-2012, 01:17 PM
He did a great job articulating Paul's message to the media. Glad he was on our side. If we had 10 of guys like him showing up on the news shows, it would have been a slam dunk.

drummergirl
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, having 10 Doug Weads would not change the composition of the MSM. He was kept off of many shows intentionally.

He did a great job articulating Paul's message to the media. Glad he was on our side. If we had 10 of guys like him showing up on the news shows, it would have been a slam dunk.

FSP-Rebel
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Put me in the Wead camp for sure, the man's priceless. He's done his best to stay in touch with the grassroots and has received plenty of flack for all his hard work. He's a straight shooter who's taken financial loss becoming a part of this movement and yet the moonbats have given him nothing but grief. Have nothing more to say about the moonbat contingent atm.

Brett85
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I guess Doug has come to the realization that there are a lot of crazies in the liberty movement who hurt the cause. I personally love Ron but can't stand half the people in this movement. Apparently Doug was told that he's a "New World Order" sellout and some other garbage simply for defending Ron's former communication director.

July
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Me three. In fact I wonder that the Doug Wead bashing is a prime cause of the campaign's reasoning regarding the emails that caused so much hand wringing...

That's what I was thinking too. At least with the media, it explains why it was Jesse out in front doing the interviews and not Doug, despite being the stronger spokesperson.

Paulistinian
07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I love me some Wead!

kathy88
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I love me some Wead!

Me too! Doug's cool as well.

Lucille
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I love Doug too, and the abuse he's taken from some Paulians is totally unacceptable.

I have done a lot of bad things in my life but supporting Ron Paul was not one of them. And once the fog lifted and I began to see how corrupt the monetary system had become, and how it was used to debase the currency and defraud the poor and the middle class, and how both Republican and Democrat presidents have played that game, I have joined the Revolution and never looked back.

Same here. Dr. Paul prescribes the red pill!

It has not been a financially rewarding experience. First, I lost my number one corporate client, who was LDS, and wanted me to support Mitt Romney. I love the LDS people and appreciate their principled stand for the constitution but within months of supporting Ron Paul, 70% of my income was lost. And much of my future income was, as well. For example, I was suddenly told that a large business network I had spent years and thousands of dollars building, was no longer mine. Just like that, it was given to someone else.

Wow. Thank you for your sacrifice, Doug!

Yes, sometimes I slipped through the net. Sometimes the television networks just need a good presidential historian and honest ones are hard to come by. And sometimes, during the campaing the teleivsion network executives were so apoplytic about how to stop Ron Paul that they briefly decided, “let’s give him some rope and let him hang himself,” or “let’s give his crazy ideas some exposure.” And so they had me on, diverting me by giving me a false subject to prepare for, sending me phony articles to read and then ambushing me with the worst possible questions they could think of about Dr. Paul.

Ha. The great thing about working for a man who is honest and can’t be bribed and for a cause that is based on truth is that you don’t need to remember what to say. You just tell the truth.

So those brief moments backfired on them and you didn’t see me any more.

And that's a shame.

Oh how I hate the Statist hack media.

TrishW
07-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Idk. I still don't understand them allowing Romney to be promoted as the nominee. I don't understand why when we were winning delegates, they decided to drop out. I don't understand why they are not there to help at these conventions.

Romney has every advantage and our delegates only have their "sling shots".

Wead talks pretty, but I need more than talk to win me over. He's not a fighter. He just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. I can't help but think that he never had any hope in Ron Paul winning. That does not make him a bad guy, but it also does not make him a great campaign manager.

ninepointfive
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Idk. I still don't understand them allowing Romney to be promoted as the nominee. I don't understand why when we were winning delegates, they decided to drop out. I don't understand why they are not there to help at these conventions.

Wead talks pretty, but I need more than talk to win me over. He's not a fighter. He just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. I can't help but think that he never had any hope in Ron Paul winning. That does not make him a bad guy, but it also does not make him a great campaign manager.

What was his official title? I don't think he was the campaign manager, and he could just be as frustrated as you as to how the campaign was managed.

brushfire
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Wead just makes me happy. That guy always has a smile on his face, and he's a quick thinker.

georgiaboy
07-12-2012, 02:46 PM
God bless and keep you, Doug Wead and family.

Your commitment to this movement, to your conscience, and to your Savior is very inspiring.

Thank you for sharing some of your behind the scenes experiences during the campaign.

If you ever write a book or memoir, I'll be happy to purchase it.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM

He was a campaign advisor, NOT the campaign manager. Sheesh.

We asked for him to be hired and then we insult the hell out of the man after they do it. :rolleyes:

TrishW
07-12-2012, 03:11 PM
He was a campaign adviser, NOT the campaign manager. Sheesh.

We asked for him to be hired and then we insult the hell out of the man after they do it. :rolleyes:

So you are saying that the campaign did not use his advice. You are saying his advice was different than the course they are taking?

Could you please show me where I insulted the hell out of him? Maybe because I said he's not a fighter? Have you seen him fight? I have only heard him say that the GOP is boss. We must be happy with the crumbs they throw us.

What is with the sheesh and the eyeroll? Do you always try to belittle people who disagree with you? That's OK.. I am in good company. I have seen Ron get a few eyerolls .

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
So you are saying that the campaign did not use his advice. You are saying his advice was different than the course they are taking?

Could you please show me where I insulted the hell out of him? Maybe because I said he's not a fighter? Have you seen him fight? I have only heard him say that the GOP is boss. We must be happy with the crumbs they throw us.

What is with the sheesh and the eyeroll? Do you always try to belittle people who disagree with you? That's OK.. I am in good company. I have seen Ron get a few eyerolls .

You are the one who took the pot shot, Trish, and you did it without having your facts straight.

I understand your anger, but before leveling it on someone, just first find out who deserves it.

Lucille
07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
God bless and keep you, Doug Wead and family.

Your commitment to this movement, to your conscience, and to your Savior is very inspiring.

Thank you for sharing some of your behind the scenes experiences during the campaign.

If you ever write a book or memoir, I'll be happy to purchase it.

All of this. +rep

TrishW
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
You are the one who took the pot shot, Trish, and you did it without having your facts straight.

I understand your anger, but before leveling it on someone, just first find out who deserves it.

Apparently you edited your post. But I will answer the question even though its no longer there. Here is Doug Weads words from the blog stating that we have no stance against the GOP... they own us.

Trish says:

July 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Doug, Thank you for all you have done. The only thing I ask is that you please drink a little more of the kool-aid. The flavor for me is “President Ron Paul 2012″ !

Do we really NEED Nebraska? I have heard that we already have more than 5?

Doug Wead says:

July 12, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hmmm. Well, I hate to say this but we really have what the Romney controlled convention will say that we have. If they control the credentials committee they can keep some of our people out and they have shown at the state level that they have the will to do that.

But please understand that I have no anger. I have the ability to disagree with a person on issues without getting angry. I apparently disagree with you, but I assure you... I hold no anger against you.

NoOneButPaul
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Doug Wead is the man.

The people bashing him the past couple days are holding back this movement, they don't recognize an ally even when he's Doug fucking Wead.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Apparently you edited your post. But I will answer the question even though its no longer there. Here is Doug Weads words from the blog stating that we have no stance against the GOP... they own us.

Trish says:

July 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Doug, Thank you for all you have done. The only thing I ask is that you please drink a little more of the kool-aid. The flavor for me is “President Ron Paul 2012″ !

Do we really NEED Nebraska? I have heard that we already have more than 5?

Doug Wead says:

July 12, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hmmm. Well, I hate to say this but we really have what the Romney controlled convention will say that we have. If they control the credentials committee they can keep some of our people out and they have shown at the state level that they have the will to do that.

But please understand that I have no anger. I have the ability to disagree with a person on issues without getting angry. I apparently disagree with you, but I assure you... I hold no anger against you.

Why did he think you were angry with him? I don't know, Trish. I guess we will see what happens with the lawsuit and at the convention. I hope it doesn't come down this way, but it might. I think this is just one of the reasons why Dr. Paul wants us to become the leadership of the GOP in as many states as we can.

I know the campaign has lawyers and I would imagine they have consulted them as to what can be done. That said, I hope the whole Lawyers for RP deal pans out. I really do.