PDA

View Full Version : Cop Tells Man "I Don't Care What The Law Says, You're Getting A Summons"

RonPaulFanInGA
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Man Tells Cop Summons For "Public Drinking" Doesn't Apply To Private Property -- Cop Tells Man "I Don't Care What The Law Says, You're Getting A Summons" (http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=40165)

jbauer
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
sounds about right, why not cops? Cops are always right even when they're wrong.

Agorism
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Ya cops do this. I turned out of an office depot that was next the a street once. The cop gave me a ticket for a rolling stop since I didn't actually stop coming out of the office depot and wrote it as if I was on the road next to the office depot.

Had to take a day off, get evidence and pictures, I managed to win, but probably the only reason I won was because he didn't bother to come to the court.

Another time I went to court over a minor infraction, the judge just rescheduled the hearing since the officer didn't come so I had to take yet another day off just to deal with going back to court. Giant pain.

PaulConventionWV
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Ya cops do this. I turned out of an office depot that was next the a street once. The cop gave me a ticket for a rolling stop since I didn't actually stop coming out of the office depot and wrote it as if I was on the road next to the office depot.

Had to take a day off, get evidence and pictures, I managed to win, but probably the only reason I won was because he didn't bother to come to the court.

Another time I went to court over a minor infraction, the judge just rescheduled the hearing since the officer didn't come so I had to take yet another day off just to deal with going back to court. Giant pain.

If the cop doesn't show up and the judge tries to reschedule, you have to speak up and move for dismissal of the case. They pretty much have to dismiss it if the cop is not there and you move for dismissal.