11-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Logistics:

1 Roll of Paper Towel
1 Bottle of Windex or other all-purpose cleaner
1 Trashbag: No littering!

and

Tons of Ron Paul bumber sitckers!

Concept of Operation:

1) Get on your nearest interstate and find the nearest truck stop.
2) Between 1-4 a.m. sneak behind each truck and clean a spot on the back of the trailer.
3) Bumper sticker away...
4) Put dirty paper towel into trashbag, pick up extra trash around you while you are at it. :)

People to avoid, unless they seem receptive to what you are doing:

1) Authorities
2) Grumpy truck drivers
3) Lot lizards (a.k.a. prostitutes) - You don't want no scabies!
4) Truck stop owners

krott5333
11-17-2007, 06:17 AM
umm.. no

lets switch it around.. how would you feel if someone put a hillary sticker on the back of your car?

coboman
11-17-2007, 06:22 AM
People have placed political stickers in my car, without my consent, and I hated it.
I believe that this kind of tactics are counter-productive in the long term.

I suggest asking for permission of the owners of the vehicle. Explain briefly who Ron Paul is, explain that the sticker will be easily removable later, and how much you would appreciate their help.

Other strategy would be to place the sticker (with the liner still on) in the windshield with a flyer urging people to stick it in the bumper.

robert4rp08
11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Bad tactic. The better tactic would be to just talk to the truck drivers and inform them about Ron Paul and offer them some bumper stickers.

RonPaulCult
11-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Haha I love that you will put something on other people's property but you don't want anybody to litter.

I think it's a horrible idea.

leonster
11-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I'd recommend against this. You're more likely to tick them off than anything, when they discover it. That's not the kind of "curiosity" we need.

Like others said... chat with them, message of personal freedom etc., then offer a sticker if they're receptive.

foofighter20x
11-17-2007, 07:10 AM
crap... I totally didn't put satire on the title, did i?

fixed.

even so, the lot lizard joke should have been the give-away, folks! :p ;)

Voice
11-17-2007, 07:14 AM
I hate to be a humorless bastard, but there are some crazies who would read this and do just that... Some things shouldnt be said.

foofighter20x
11-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Well, to each their own...

"Liberty is the soul's right to breath, and when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight. Without liberty man is a syncope." -- Henry Ward Beecher

uncloned21
11-17-2007, 07:39 AM
if its dirty, just write ron paul for president with your finger. if they dont like it, maybe its about time for them to wash their truck

TruckinMike
11-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Wait... calm down folks....

The motivation is there, and its not totally misguided. A majority of the trucks on the road are operated by employees of mega-Truck companies. 10,000 + trucks. These drivers couldn't care less about a Ron Paul sticker.. In fact they would not even notice it.

Word of Warning: DO NOT attempt this on an owner Operators Truck. He owns one truck/trailer, the one you maybe placing a sticker on. --- It Could be dangerous!

---- Stick with the companies that you KNOW are not Owner Operators -- JB Hunt, Swift, Schnieder, etc.

Another caution: you may get caught! Truck stop owners try to keep out the rif raf, and if a trucker sees you meddling around behind the trucks, you may get turned in.. a la... police.

The goal is noble... so if you are very adventurous...(and agile & fast) have at it.:D

However, placing coroplast signs on the Highway, hung from trees will get more views than a bumper sticker--- just a thought.

TruckinMike