PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh on The Joe Rogan Experience

jct74
07-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I've only watched a little bit so far, Adam comes in around 6 minutes in but you can probably just skip to 13:45 when he is formally introduced.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23926770

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdc8m4m89BI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdc8m4m89BI

matt0611
07-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks for posting. It was a really fun podcast!

Czolgosz
07-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I enjoy me some Joe and Eddy Bravo videos. In one of Eddy's vids he mentions RP, love these guys.

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I want to see Tom Woods on the podcast.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1743185056/Joe_Rogan_trippy_peace2.jpg

r3volution
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
i only watch when joey diaz is on . stay black bitches .

Chieppa1
07-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Rogan is alllllllmost there.

DerailingDaTrain
07-12-2012, 12:14 PM

Huh?

torchbearer
07-12-2012, 12:18 PM

yeah.

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
i only watch when joey diaz is on . stay black bitches .
You didn't watch when Bas Rutten was on? For shame sir :toady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moN5OqefuBA

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Kokesh just rubs me the wrong way. He's not a very good ambassador.

matt0611
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Kokesh just rubs me the wrong way. He's not a very good ambassador.

I agree with you. I like Adam overall, he's an entertaining guy and has some interesting things to say but he's not the best ambassador for liberty IMO.

hazek
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree with you. I like Adam overall, he's an entertaining guy and has some interesting things to say but he's not the best ambassador for liberty IMO.

I couldn't disagree more. For someone who had his mind brainwashed and yet managed to wake up out of it displaying an abundance of passion for true personal freedom and sound principles always framing his arguments rationally and intellectually I think he is doing a pretty good job especially by trying to use what ever medium he can find to spread his message as far and wide as he can. I may not agree with his personal habits of recreational drug use and I admit I don't follow everything he ever says but I don't think his personal habits ever were central to him being able to convey his message.

So no, I quite like Adam and I hope he never stops.

hardrightedge
07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I cringe every time he says loveolution...makes me want to break shit...

NoOneButPaul
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Kokesh kinda sucks... doesn't seem like a bad guy but he's a terrible messenger.

matt0611
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Anybody have an account at the Joe Rogan forums? Curious to know what his audience thought of Adam.

Czolgosz
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I like what Adam brings to the movement...he gets out there isn't the typical INTJ soundin' motherfucker. :D (smiley is for the really tight panties in the group)

RonPaulwillWin
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Anybody have an account at the Joe Rogan forums? Curious to know what his audience thought of Adam.

There was a huge thread on it. I'd say 75% positive.

lx43
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_quuuOKE6fs

All I could find of the interview.

lx43
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23926770

I think this is the entire video here.

kuckfeynes
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
LOL @ bad messenger. People said that about Ron for decades. Didn't turn out so bad now did it...
He does have the pot drawl however, which is annoying. But less so than, say, a goofy Alex Jones outburst.
But I imagine those with distaste for one probably don't think very highly of the other.
Guess some people just have a hard time operating outside their comfort zones...

dannno
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
lol, what happened to Brian at 46:30?? Hahahahhaha... Adam Kokesh took over the podcast!!

dannno
07-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Joe Rogan made the same argument as I do - legalization of mj would be good for tokers because there is no reason why cannabis users would choose to go to WalMart to get their weed when they can get the absolute best quality stuff at specialty stores.

S.Shorland
07-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Adam went a bit odd

DerailingDaTrain
07-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Adam went a bit odd

What do you mean by odd?

Chieppa1
07-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Every time Adam said "violence of government" or "guns to your head" Joe gives him a look. We need to be able to slowly explain this shit to people. "Because the government...." is not an answer. Like when they were discussing traffic in LA and all Adam kept saying was "but that's because of government". Break it down for people. Its not that difficult.

AuH20
07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
I like Adam but he's definitely going through an experimental drug phase, which is perfectly fine. He'll grow out of it. Metal musician Devin Townsend went through the same journey and finally realized it was a dead end in terms of self-illumination.

r3volution
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Every time Adam said "violence of government" or "guns to your head" Joe gives him a look. We need to be able to slowly explain this shit to people. "Because the government...." is not an answer. Like when they were discussing traffic in LA and all Adam kept saying was "but that's because of government". Break it down for people. Its not that difficult.

keep in mind this is from 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_J5AXxfE0

ClydeCoulter
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Did everyone that commented on Kokesh listen to the video? I didn't notice any ranting like a lunatic or anything, but there was some good conversation and Kokesh remained calm and thoughtful for the most part.

KingNothing
07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Did everyone that commented on Kokesh listen to the video? I didn't notice any ranting like a lunatic or anything, but there was some good conversation and Kokesh remained calm and thoughtful for the most part.

I really don't understand why anyone would rip Adam. He's a hyper-motivated, hyper-dedicated dude with a voice, a platform and a rational mind. Good for him. He deserves all the good that should come to him.

dannno
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I like Adam but he's definitely going through an experimental drug phase, which is perfectly fine. He'll grow out of it. Metal musician Devin Townsend went through the same journey and finally realized it was a dead end in terms of self-illumination.

What drugs did Devin Townsend do?

You say that like all "drugs" are equal, and you say that like DMT is a "drug" when in fact it is a natural substance produced and excreted by our brains in heavy doses on a nightly basis.

Cannabis, LSD, mushrooms, DMT, ecstacy =/ cocaine, heroin, speed

KingNothing
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
LOL @ bad messenger. People said that about Ron for decades. Didn't turn out so bad now did it...
He does have the pot drawl however, which is annoying. But less so than, say, a goofy Alex Jones outburst.
But I imagine those with distaste for one probably don't think very highly of the other.
Guess some people just have a hard time operating outside their comfort zones...

Kokesh has done a wonderful job of separating himself from the lunacy of Alex Jones. They had a great conversation a few months back where Kokesh came off as a lucid, reasoning, intelligent man. Jones came off like Alex Jones.

Bastiat's The Law
07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
He just came off holier than thou trying to recruit Rogan. Rogan is with us on 97% of things, but the thing he's lacking is the overall liberty philosophy to bring it together. I would've taken a different tact with him.

dannno
07-13-2012, 04:57 PM
bump

AuH20
07-13-2012, 05:04 PM
What drugs did Devin Townsend do?

You say that like all "drugs" are equal, and you say that like DMT is a "drug" when in fact it is a natural substance produced and excreted by our brains in heavy doses on a nightly basis.

Cannabis, LSD, mushrooms, DMT, ecstacy =/ cocaine, heroin, speed

Devin Townsend did everything under the sun to my knowledge. Coke, LSD, Pot, Heroin. :) And I'm aware DMT is produced by the pineal gland.

KingNothing
07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
He just came off holier than thou trying to recruit Rogan. Rogan is with us on 97% of things, but the thing he's lacking is the overall liberty philosophy to bring it together. I would've taken a different tact with him.

Hm. I always took Joe for someone with us 100-percent.

Adam is as holier than thou as anyone on this board, and less so than every paranoid, lunatic, Truther who thinks the government pulled off 9/11 and is in the middle of orchestrating a plot to eliminate 99.5 percent of mankind.

Bastiat's The Law
07-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Hm. I always took Joe for someone with us 100-percent.

Adam is as holier than thou as anyone on this board, and less so than every paranoid, lunatic, Truther who thinks the government pulled off 9/11 and is in the middle of orchestrating a plot to eliminate 99.5 percent of mankind.
You're probably right. Rogan might be closer to 99.5% with us. Watching his podcast though he still has a few things that need shoring up, mostly on historically and monetary issues. I just think he'd benefit more with a conversation with Tom Woods than he would with Adam Kokesh.

Why Truthers latch onto Ron Paul has always puzzled me. :confused:

NewRightLibertarian
07-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Because he goes around saying that the American government is the terrorists. Only politician who does so. People should be able to put it together from there.

Bastiat's The Law
07-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Because he goes around saying that the American government is the terrorists. Only politician who does so. People should be able to put it together from there.
He doesn't say that in that way or in that context. And that's a huge leap of logic on part of Truthers to latch onto someone like Ron Paul, who doesn't even agree with the conspiracy.

dannno
07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
He doesn't say that in that way or in that context. And that's a huge leap of logic on part of Truthers to latch onto someone like Ron Paul, who doesn't even agree with the conspiracy.

You shouldn't have a philosopher as your avatar if you can't figure this out, seriously.

9/11 truthers believe there was A REASON why they pulled off 9/11, the people who did it had AN AGENDA.

Ron Paul is the ONLY POLITICIAN who opposes THE AGENDA of those who we believe were behind 9/11.

There is ZERO leap in any logic, especially considering Ron Paul believes in government transparency, he believes that 9/11 should be investigated and that the government HAS and WILL LIKELY engage in further false flag operations in order to get us into war.

Can you name ONE OTHER politician who believes that the government HAS an WILL LIKELY engage in further false flag operations in order to get us into war?

dannno
07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
If evidence became overwhelmingly apparent that people in the government were behind the events of 9/11, Ron Paul would be the LEAST SURPRISED of any politician, except for those politicians who may be covertly involved in those type of activities.

kathy88
07-16-2012, 07:28 PM

It isn't fine for addicts. For some there's no such thing as an "experimental" phase.

Feeding the Abscess
07-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Really can't think of a better person to connect with Rogan and his audience than Adam.

Fredom101
07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
This was a very interesting podcast to listen to.
Here's what I came away with:

1. Kokesh is a very good speaker and has a good way of putting things. He also has the ability to not get thrown off his game.
2. Rogan is not really a libertarian. He's terrified of what might happen if the government were not involved. He doesn't WANT to get the concepts Kokesh was talking about. At times I felt as if Rogan was just trying to put a wrench in Kokesh's points for no real reason other than being scared of freedom!
3. This interview is a good example of what we as libertarians are up against. Rogan had some typical arguments and he was laying them out rapid-fire style. i.e. what about the cops? what about the roads? who's going to pay for x, y, z? It's all things we need to understand how to deal with. Kokesh tried to build a bridge at times but it seemed Rogan didn't have a lot of interest and would rather stick with the status quo.
4. Stoked that voluntarism was talked about on a podcast with hundreds of thousands of listeners! Pretty cool. And loved the way Kokesh tied Ron Paul in as a voluntaryist. :)

Overall, good interview, and Kokesh came across as smart and well-spoken. Rogan isn't "almost there", but props to him for being open-minded enough to bring a hard-core anarcho-libertarian like Kokesh on. And, he may be back in a few months from what I hear!

Fredom101
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
You're probably right. Rogan might be closer to 99.5% with us. Watching his podcast though he still has a few things that need shoring up, mostly on historically and monetary issues. I just think he'd benefit more with a conversation with Tom Woods than he would with Adam Kokesh.

Funny. Why Ron Paul supporters latch on to the government's version of 9/11 always puzzled me. :confused:

Muwahid
07-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Funny. Why Ron Paul supporters latch on to the government's version of 9/11 always puzzled me. :confused:

because the government is the only source otherwise :rolleyes:

Bastiat's The Law
07-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Really can't think of a better person to connect with Rogan and his audience than Adam.
I actually think Tom Woods or Peter Schiff would come across much better. The conversation between Rogan and Adam had a weird tone to it, especially the latter half.

ZenBowman
07-18-2012, 11:15 PM
I enjoyed the podcast. For one Adam was an actual libertarian and not a Luddite or xenophobe trying to use the liberty buzzword to further a hidden agenda, second he had a good grasp on the actual challenges facing us and wasn't just blaming everything on a giant conspiracy.

NewRightLibertarian
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM
I actually think Tom Woods or Peter Schiff would come across much better. The conversation between Rogan and Adam had a weird tone to it, especially the latter half.

Both guys do the same drugs though and come at people from a kind of 'hippie' point of view. Woods and Schiff are better than Kokesh overall but wouldn't be as suited for the Rogan podcast

ZenBowman
07-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Kokesh has done a wonderful job of separating himself from the lunacy of Alex Jones. They had a great conversation a few months back where Kokesh came off as a lucid, reasoning, intelligent man. Jones came off like Alex Jones.

Well, that's because Kokesh actually believes in being fearless about liberty while Jones is a paranoid Luddite who is afraid of his own alarm clock. Most of Jones' views are extremely nationalistic (violently defend borders, no trade, shut ourselves off from the world, etc etc). Jones is a hardcore statist, he'd just be violent about different issues than the current government.

QuickZ06
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM

I agree, really enjoying it one hour in. Very good topics, wish I was there to go in depth on some of the stuff they discussed as they didn't go far enough with some things. Would be pretty fun talking with these guys.

Bastiat's The Law
07-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Both guys do the same drugs though and come at people from a kind of 'hippie' point of view. Woods and Schiff are better than Kokesh overall but wouldn't be as suited for the Rogan podcast
Sam Harris is a well-respected author and intellectual. Rogan bypassed the childish banter and dope smoking for that podcast.

NewRightLibertarian
07-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Most of Jones' views are extremely nationalistic (violently defend borders, no trade, shut ourselves off from the world, etc etc).

You mean they're exactly the same as Ron Paul's views on these subjects?

WarNoMore
07-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Well, that's because Kokesh actually believes in being fearless about liberty while Jones is a paranoid Luddite who is afraid of his own alarm clock. Most of Jones' views are extremely nationalistic (violently defend borders, no trade, shut ourselves off from the world, etc etc). Jones is a hardcore statist, he'd just be violent about different issues than the current government.

What do you base this on? I don't see him as an isolationist at all. That's what they paint Ron Paul as, and I know that isn't true.

As far as him being afraid of technology, that isn't true either. I'm pretty sure he's concerned about who's in control of that technology, as are most people aware enough of the implications of our technological progress.

violently defend the borders, that's probably true. The same could be said of Paul, since he's mentioned numerous times that he would put troops on the border.

I don't see Jones as a hardcore statist, he's more a minarchist. He considers himself a constitutionalist, if he had to put a label on himself. He is certainly not an anarchist.

KingNothing
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Well, that's because Kokesh actually believes in being fearless about liberty while Jones is a paranoid Luddite who is afraid of his own alarm clock.

Excellent point.

DerailingDaTrain
07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
You mean they're exactly the same as Ron Paul's views on these subjects?

Ron doesn't want a border fence or to be an isolationist nation. Are we talking about the same Ron Paul? :confused:

I don't see Jones as a hardcore statist, he's more a minarchist. He considers himself a constitutionalist, if he had to put a label on himself. He is certainly not an anarchist

According to his Wikipedia article he has described himself as a paleoconservative.