PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska GOP reconsiders decision to hire extra security

jct74
07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
"The following statement was jointly prepared and issued tonight by Chairman Mark Fahleson on behalf of the Nebraska Republican Party and Chair Laura Ebke on behalf of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Nebraska, a group whose membership consists of a number of individuals who have aligned themselves with the Ron Paul for President campaign:

“We are both troubled by the rhetoric and heightened tensions surrounding the upcoming NEGOP Convention this Saturday in Grand Island.

There is something called “The Nebraska Way.” It’s honesty. Being cordial and neighborly. Practicing The Golden Rule. And, when differences occur, shaking hands and agreeing to disagree in a respectful way.

It’s important to us that the NEGOP Convention be conducted “The Nebraska Way.” For that reason we met to discuss ways in which we could more accurately reflect the cordiality and cooperation that actually exists between our two groups and express our mutual desire for the NEGOP Convention be conducted in an orderly and positive fashion.

To accomplish this, we pledge the following:

• The NEGOP and RLCNE will not engage in nor encourage and will actively discourage any kind of dilatory or disruptive tactics that could interfere with the mutual goal of an orderly and efficient convention.

• Based upon assurances provided by the RLCNE, the NEGOP has reconsidered and withdrawn its plan to hire additional security officers for the NEGOP Convention.

• The RLCNE will discourage those wishing to attend the NEGOP Convention for the purpose of intimidation, agitation or monitoring from attending.

• At the conclusion of the NEGOP convention, we will work together to accomplish the overarching goal we share: defeating Barack Obama in November.”

As RLCNE’s Ebke explained further: “We are all Republicans. The RLCNE is nothing more than a subset of the Nebraska Republican Party whose focus is individual liberty and smaller government. We share the NEGOP’s interest in running a fair convention that brings us all together in the end.”

NEGOP’s Fahleson reiterated his commitment to running a fair convention, explaining “Every minute spent on parliamentary gamesmanship is a minute we’re not spending defeating Barack Obama and sending Bob Kerrey back to his wife and son in New York. The NEGOP and RLCNE have pledged to work together for the greater good, and that’s what Saturday’s convention will be all about.” "

read more:
http://objectiveconservative.blogspot.com/2012/07/nebraska-republican-party-and-liberty.html

Imperial
07-11-2012, 01:50 AM
This is really classy. I like it.

kathy88
07-11-2012, 06:36 AM
I just hope they can livestream.

cassielund99@gmail.com
07-11-2012, 08:04 AM
I noticed this message on the daily paul from NEforPaul. I thought it would be important for people to read.

I'm not sure how many times Laura can make this clear...we are NOT the majority here. We need some help from the regulars to pull this off. While the amount of support has been great, a 'show of force' may undermine everything we've been working on.

Remember, people around here have been conditioned (through all of these newspaper articles and write-ups) to believe that we are all crazy and looking for trouble. If we show a willingness to work with the establishment (in terms of having a fair and transparent process which everyone on our side believes in anyway), at least in terms of news reporting, more people will be willing to work with us. End result, we COULD win.

If we show up with massive crowds of spectators or personal security and everyone carrying video equipment and what not, those that we will need to work with us will likely NOT work with us. This, of course, means that we WILL lose.

Video recording and what not are covered. Our plan is in place. We know our numbers. Nobody is selling out. A win this weekend is within reach, but we must go about it the right way or lose everything.

drummergirl
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Prayers for Nebraska

tod evans
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Bump.

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/18344/mains/000-3d-model-bumper-car-mat-1.jpg

Bastiat's The Law
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Let the Huskers handle it.

cajuncocoa
07-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Prayers for NebraskaThey'll need them.

twomp
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Does this concern anyone else?

The RLCNE will discourage those wishing to attend the NEGOP Convention for the purpose of intimidation, agitation or monitoring from attending.

rockerrockstar
07-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Just hope they do an honest job of it like they claim. No kicking out the Ron Paul people before voting or something similar to that. Or getting upset when we elect our delagates and trying to replace them afterwords.

devil21
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't believe it, sorry. How does one even know what "extra security" even means? Hordes of off-duty cops? Or just plain clothes private security people sitting off by themselves with handcuffs hidden in their waistbands? Or would they try to blend in? Could be anything. Anyone that trusts the GOP at this point is a goddamn fool.

opinionatedfool
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
they probably just heard talk of our side getting our own security and pulled an Art of War move to get us not to. I don't trust the GOP thugs. Cheat, cheat, cheat is the name of their game.

RonPaulMall
07-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I'll defer to the judgement of the people on the ground in Nebraska, but the whole thing rubs me the wrong way. They cheat, they lie, they turn off lights, they refuse to recognize duly elected chairmen and violate every rule in the book- they even physically assault our people and break hips, yet we are the ones writing a letter promising to be good? WTF? I get that it is a strategy and all, and hopefully it will work, but this is a huge public relations win for the GOP establishment. They beat us up, stole our lunch money, and now got us to write a letter apologizing to them and promising to be good little lambs in the future. There is something really sick about that.

sailingaway
07-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I defer to those on the ground, but sometimes 'power brokers' we trust decide 'they' can get more from going along with the party than pushing for Ron. However, the grass roots are doing this all on their own, and we have no idea how the land lies.

puppetmaster
07-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Honesty is not the GOP way......not now not everyday

Monotaur
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Everyday I get more nervous about Nebraska, I hope Saturday goes well. I hope we are organized there, too - and ready for whatever they throw at us.

sailingaway
07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Everyday I get more nervous about Nebraska, I hope Saturday goes well. I hope we are organized there, too - and ready for whatever they throw at us.

I dont see how we can be requiring NE, although I want it. I don't see 'bound on the first ballot' to mean bound on the process deciding who even goes on the ballot'

Monotaur
07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I dont see how we can be requiring NE, although I want it. I don't see 'bound on the first ballot' to mean bound on the process deciding who even goes on the ballot'

What? I don't see how the bound issue comes into play here either. I'm just nervous about us doing well. :)

sailingaway
07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I meant, if bound isn't an issue we should have LA, ME, MN, IA and NV.

But since they are challenging everything just because Romney will melt if any challenge exists at RNC, I definitely want us to do well in NE>