PDA

View Full Version : Why are people on welfare allowed to keep benefits when they continue having kids?

brandon
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
A friend of mine is in this situation and it got me thinking about just how sleazy it is. Unmarried couple. GIrl already has one kid with some guy from the past. She lives a good life working part time at the mall and getting free daycare, foodstamps, paying no taxes, free living, etc. She has no plans to better herself. So she gets knocked up again and is now applying to have all her benefits increased. Of course this includes free gynocologist visits, free hospital birth including c-section....yada yada

It seems that there should be a stipulation. If a single mom is on welfare, and she has an additional kid, her welfare benefits freeze and she does not get more money.

Why doesn't this exist? Who could argue with it?

angelatc
07-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Well, I agree in principle. But in reality, I love babies. If I had to pick which welfare programs to end, it wouldn't start with prenatal care for expectant mothers.

But the whole welfare system is propped up by the children. On one hand, should the children (who literally are incapable of providing for themselves) suffer because their mother is a total waste?

I also wonder about the men. What kind of man would rather see his pregnant girlfriend on welfare than figuring out how to man up and handle his own business?

AuH20
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Like every government scam, the children are used as the bait unfortunately.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Well, I agree in principle. But in reality, I love babies. If I had to pick which welfare programs to end, it wouldn't start with prenatal care for expectant mothers.

But the whole welfare system is propped up by the children. On one hand, should the children (who literally are incapable of providing for themselves) suffer because their mother is a total waste?
That decision is made by the parent who decides to have a child. It's not the proper role of government to steal my money and redistribute it to others. Even children. It is, however, my choice to donate to such a family directly, or donate to a charity that helps such people.

I realize I am preaching to the choir. :p

I also wonder about the men. What kind of man would rather see his pregnant girlfriend on welfare than figuring out how to man up and handle his own business?
A piece of shit, of course.

oyarde
07-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I like children , hate forced , theft , welfare . So , yeah pretty much , let me keep my money and see what I can do .

angelatc
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I like children , hate forced , theft , welfare . So , yeah pretty much , let me keep my money and see what I can do .

I agree, but a majority of the voters don't. Yet. If we could only learn to demagogue like the Israel lobby does...sigh.

oyarde
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
A friend of mine is in this situation and it got me thinking about just how sleazy it is. Unmarried couple. GIrl already has one kid with some guy from the past. She lives a good life working part time at the mall and getting free daycare, foodstamps, paying no taxes, free living, etc. She has no plans to better herself. So she gets knocked up again and is now applying to have all her benefits increased. Of course this includes free gynocologist visits, free hospital birth including c-section....yada yada

It seems that there should be a stipulation. If a single mom is on welfare, and she has an additional kid, her welfare benefits freeze and she does not get more money.

Why doesn't this exist? Who could argue with it?See if you can get her to buy you a beer out of that mall money, get some of our money back Brandon .

CaptUSA
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
That decision is made by the parent who decides to have a child.
It is my observation that these people don't make decisions. They allow circumstance and immediate desires dictate their movement through life. While I agree this shouldn't be tolerated, we need to slowly remove them from the teat. The reason they can live like this is because the government has conditioned them. In the "real" world, they wouldn't survive.

But like all entitlements, I find it hard to blame the people receiving them and instead focus my attention on those people who would sink the needle into their arms.

Dr.3D
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
It's become a way of life for many. I know of quite a few who, when they need more money, will pump out another baby to get it.

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
More children, more money. Government incentivises people to be on welfare and to have more kids. The programs are also preferential to single moms, thus they incentivise that. The open ended "cash" portion of EBT is "for the kids"...

specsaregood
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM

It gets even better. Over on some mommy/future mommy forums I hear there are plenty of threads where women post about deciding to try to have kids because they and/or husband got laid off/fired and they want to have the kid while it is "free" to them because of govt coverage. That's right, couples are deciding to have kids when they are put in the position where they know they won't have the means to take care of themselves.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey, all you closed border zealots, you should be more worried about these Government-creations from hell, where it is generation after generation on the dole...sort of like...a large portion of the black community unfortunately, and we all know how they vote. Less worrying about free exchange, and more worrying about these horrendous social engineering schemes engendered to provide them a voting base to take your property. Capiche?

CaptUSA
07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey, all you closed border zealots, you should be more worried about these Government-creations from hell, where it is generation after generation on the dole...sort of like...a large portion of the black community unfortunately, and we all know how they vote. Less worrying about free exchange, and more worrying about these horrendous social engineering schemes engendered to provide them a voting base to take your property. Capiche?The racist Lyndon Johnson would call that a "Great Society"!

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-10-2012, 10:55 AM
The racist Lyndon Johnson would call that a "Great Society"!

To hell with Booker T. so, sayeth the great savior LBJ!

What a bunch of suckers. From one enslavement to the next. :(

Weston White
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Because it has become a virtual occupation; they are employed by the government to be unconditionally supportive of everything about their government and to love their government, because the government cares about them so very much. Whenever they need a promotion (i.e., benefits of such form of government employment include self-managed promotions), all they need to do is simply procreate.

Honestly, what can one expect from a society with a 25% national high school dropout rate (and up to nearly 50% in certain locales)?

CaptUSA
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM
To hell with Booker T. so, sayeth the great savior LBJ!

What a bunch of suckers. From one enslavement to the next. :(Oh you're going to make me do it...

The assumption that spending more of the taxpayers’ money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family—which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions—began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to “help.” - Thomas Sowell

Keith and stuff
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM

The government and welfare cycles have convinced the vast majority of younger people that people on welfare isn't shameful. At the same time, the government tries to decrease liberty constantly. It gets harder and harder to not be on welfare every year so even people who think it is shameful get on welfare because in a way, the government is partly forcing their hand.

Tod
07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
If on welfare and you get pregnant, to receive additional benefits after the child's birth, the hoop you jump through is tubal ligation?

Dr.3D
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
If on welfare and you get pregnant, to receive additional benefits after the child's birth, the hoop you jump through is tubal ligation?
Or implanted birth control.

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey, all you closed border zealots, you should be more worried about these Government-creations from hell, where it is generation after generation on the dole...sort of like...a large portion of the black community unfortunately, and we all know how they vote. Less worrying about free exchange, and more worrying about these horrendous social engineering schemes engendered to provide them a voting base to take your property. Capiche?

Nice attempt to derail the thread, capiche?

Todd
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Yep. Statism does not equal more freedom. If you wanna rely on the state for your means and suck off the public, you deserve stipulations. I used to laugh at a radio talk host who said he would pump them up with Norplant if they had more than 1 kid on the dole.

tod evans
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll go against the stream here....

With my magic wand there would be no federal freebies.....for anyone.

SSI and vetrans pensions would be it, and SSI enrollment would end as soon as I got my wand.

Whatever program individual states implement is fine.

Got no freekin' wand. :rolleyes:

Dr.3D
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I'll go against the stream here....

With my magic wand there would be no federal freebies.....for anyone.

SSI and vetrans pensions would be it, and SSI enrollment would end as soon as I got my wand.

Whatever program individual states implement is fine.

Got no freekin' wand. :rolleyes:
Well, somebody does, or that woman wouldn't have had another baby.

;)

tod evans
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, somebody does, or that woman wouldn't have had another baby.

;)

That wasn't a wand dude............he was just pokin' fun.

Dr.3D
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
That wasn't a wand dude............he was just pokin' fun.

Well, she took him seriously.

tod evans
07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, she took him seriously.

Unfortunately now we all pay. :mad:

brandon
07-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Yea it is pretty sleazy. In the case I was talking about the guy does have an alright career and is slowly getting his life together. He already pays a lot of money towards his girlfriend and her first kid. But he doesn't seem to have any moral aversion to welfarism, or any plan to marry this girl. It seems most people in their 20s -30s in my area of the country have absolutely no shame milking the welfare system.

donnay
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM

This is all being done by design. To blow out our economy and put us all in the poor house and make us beholden to government.

frodus24
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
It appears that the concept of personal responsibility is nonexistent in many individuals. Sad!

tod evans
07-10-2012, 12:49 PM
It appears that the concept of personal responsibility is nonexistent in many individuals. Sad!

Ya mean "personal responsibility" isn't waiting on a gubment check?

Bet if ya' ask that girl she's fully responsible for herself and those kids...

Lafayette
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
If this woman wants the government to take care of her and her children, why not go all the way. Have the government take her kids away and put them in a foster home and put her in prison. Cut out the middle man, am i right?

tod evans
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
If this woman wants the government to take care of her and her children, why not go all the way. Have the government take her kids away and put them in a foster home and put her in prison. Cut out the middle man, am i right?

The likelihood of increasing her burden on "the gov" would be reduced......(pregnancy risk lowered)

I'm against the idea though, our nation is broke, we're borrowing money to stay afloat.....Let her live with family/friends/church or heaven forbid make nice with the kids father..:eek:

Eagles' Wings
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
The likelihood of increasing her burden on "the gov" would be reduced......(pregnancy risk lowered)

I'm against the idea though, our nation is broke, we're borrowing money to stay afloat.....Let her live with family/friends/church or heaven forbid make nice with the kids father..:eek:

We have family members who are homeless. The financial strain of helping took a huge toll and now they are on the dole. These are very tough times.

tod evans
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
We have family members who are homeless. The financial strain of helping took a huge toll and now they are on the dole. These are very tough times.

My family is hurting too. I can empathize.

donnay
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Yep all designed to make us resign our liberties! Those that see the handwriting on the wall better get prepared.

Eagles' Wings
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
My family is hurting too. I can empathize. Same to you. I often tell my dh that I am the angry brother from the Prodigal son story, left behind to work and help the parents while the younger are off "too sick" to help. GOd help us all!

kathy88
07-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Part of my husband's family is moving back here after being away. The entire clan is on some type of assistance. Mom, dad, kid and kid's kid, (she was 17 when she had the baby), and another kid. That's a family of 5 all receiving some type of assistance. They called my husband and told him they were going to "camp in a state park" until they found a place they could afford. We have a rental house that just happened to become vacant two weeks ago. You know where this is headed. I would NEVER want to see a family homeless, but I see how this could go. If we let them stay at our house we will never get them out, which means we will in effect be supporting our family of 5 and their family of five. I told my husband it was a bad idea. He agrees. At this point we decided to offer their daughter and the baby the opportunity to stay with us. Hopefully they will be motivated to actually get a place if they are separated.

Eagles' Wings
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Part of my husband's family is moving back here after being away. The entire clan is on some type of assistance. Mom, dad, kid and kid's kid, (she was 17 when she had the baby), and another kid. That's a family of 5 all receiving some type of assistance. They called my husband and told him they were going to "camp in a state park" until they found a place they could afford. We have a rental house that just happened to become vacant two weeks ago. You know where this is headed. I would NEVER want to see a family homeless, but I see how this could go. If we let them stay at our house we will never get them out, which means we will in effect be supporting our family of 5 and their family of five. I told my husband it was a bad idea. He agrees. At this point we decided to offer their daughter and the baby the opportunity to stay with us. Hopefully they will be motivated to actually get a place if they are separated.This makes me want to weep. Well, thank GOd you can be so generous. Perhaps we will be "showering" you with baby supplies in the near future.

donnay
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Part of my husband's family is moving back here after being away. The entire clan is on some type of assistance. Mom, dad, kid and kid's kid, (she was 17 when she had the baby), and another kid. That's a family of 5 all receiving some type of assistance. They called my husband and told him they were going to "camp in a state park" until they found a place they could afford. We have a rental house that just happened to become vacant two weeks ago. You know where this is headed. I would NEVER want to see a family homeless, but I see how this could go. If we let them stay at our house we will never get them out, which means we will in effect be supporting our family of 5 and their family of five. I told my husband it was a bad idea. He agrees. At this point we decided to offer their daughter and the baby the opportunity to stay with us. Hopefully they will be motivated to actually get a place if they are separated.

Make sure the people you have graciously let live under your roof knows the house rules. Be stern and strict and don't back away thinking you are being too hard. Otherwise, they WILL take advantage of you.

We are in the same boat.

Eagles' Wings
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Make sure the people you have graciously let live under your roof knows the house rules. Be stern and strict and don't back away thinking you are being too hard. Otherwise, they WILL take advantage of you.

We are in the same boat.You, too? You are a good soul!

donnay
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
You, too? You are a good soul!

I am on the verge of building onto my house to move my elderly parents on my land too. Otherwise they will not be able to sustain where they are. They are barely making it, on the small retirement and social security they have. My father has had a stroke and any money they had acquired to live comfortable on, in their golden years, has since dried up due to medical bills.

This is one of the reason why I think it is incumbent upon us, to make sure we get healthy and stay healthy! Otherwise, we will all be on our own and beholden to this horrendous medical community who will end our misery, gladly--but not before they squeeze every penny out of us in the process.

Weston White
07-10-2012, 02:14 PM
“... It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.” - P.J. O'Rourke

Philhelm
07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
It gets even better. Over on some mommy/future mommy forums I hear there are plenty of threads where women post about deciding to try to have kids because they and/or husband got laid off/fired and they want to have the kid while it is "free" to them because of govt coverage. That's right, couples are deciding to have kids when they are put in the position where they know they won't have the means to take care of themselves.

File that under whatever you subsidize, you get more of.

KingNothing
07-10-2012, 02:56 PM
It is my observation that these people don't make decisions. They allow circumstance and immediate desires dictate their movement through life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7QroP00y24

Ever see this movie? It's awesome. In particular, that scene is amazing.

"You're not going to be one of those people who goes through life wondering why shit keeps falling out of the sky around them." That line has always struck a chord with me and your post did the same. Many people don't "make" decisions. Or, if they do, they don't weigh the consequences of their actions. Life just happens to them, and shit falls out of the sky around them. And it's a crying shame because adults should be above that. As a caring man, a reasonable man and a man capable of compromise, I have no problem with the state providing welfare to those who are physically or mentally incapable of caring for themselves and without family or charity to pick up the slack. It's not ideal but if it were limited to that, the amount of "welfare" doled out would be minimal. Right now, we foster an environment that allows people to eschew personal accountability. We train people to become dependent on the state. What a tragedy that is.

Morphing from where we are now to where we should be will take a LONG time. My guess is that it will take at least one full generation to instill in people a sense of self-reliance and self-confidence and a sense of obligation to be charitable with the wealth they happen to produce. If we can get to that point, we can start to beat the state back here, on welfare, which is the easiest issue for the bleeding-hearts to demagogue.

qh4dotcom
07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
In some countries like Russia, welfare for children is necessary...otherwise the population will keep going down at a faster rate. That's why Putin is paying women to have children.

flynn
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGLqKRPRt0

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I am on the verge of building onto my house to move my elderly parents on my land too. Otherwise they will not be able to sustain where they are. They are barely making it, on the small retirement and social security they have. My father has had a stroke and any money they had acquired to live comfortable on, in their golden years, has since dried up due to medical bills.

This is one of the reason why I think it is incumbent upon us, to make sure we get healthy and stay healthy! Otherwise, we will all be on our own and beholden to this horrendous medical community who will end our misery, gladly--but not before they squeeze every penny out of us in the process.

Parent's in old age are another issue. I see it as a responsibility since they took care of you for 18+ years, it is only right to reciprocate. God forbid you relegate them to the misery that are 'old folks homes'. I know, I used to work in one and I wouldn't wish it on any parent. It's suffocating, disgusting, and disrespectful imho. I fully expect to take care of my folks in their old age when life has rendered them insufficient to take care of themselves.

Luciconsort
07-10-2012, 05:22 PM
makes me wanna watch Maury :)

Simple
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I hate to see government waste, government dependency, and welfare abuse; but at least its better than population control measures being applied to poor people.

tod evans
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I hate to see government waste, government dependency, and welfare abuse; but at least its better than population control measures being applied to poor people.

Why do you limit yourself to the two options?

If people know they're going to have to feed and care for their offspring or watch them suffer it's quite possible the "welfare class" would shrink in one generation.

Government "dependents" requesting tax-payer money from government "employees" just doesn't seem like a good way to limit the size of the federal government.

Dr.3D
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, the people who are not poor, generally control their baby making activities, because they know they will have to take care of them and pay through the nose to do so. Why should a certain segment of the population get a free pass to multiply as much as they see fit while the rest have to take responsibility for their reproductive activity and that of those who get a free pass?

MelissaWV
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't care how many children people have, and I also don't mind those with big hearts donating to charities that will help fund things like continuing education, prenatal care, childcare, nutritional education, etc., for these women. I do mind when you take the money from me to do it, and also imply that you know better than I do what kind of program my money should fund.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2012, 06:58 PM

For thirty years now, maybe more, the entire culture has portrayed men as worthless, useless, vermin.

No surprise that now, they act like it.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh you're going to make me do it...

The assumption that spending more of the taxpayers’ money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family—which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions—began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to “help.” - Thomas Sowell

BETA test.

What government has done to black community and family, it now has planned for everybody.

Kluge
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
For thirty years now, maybe more, the entire culture has portrayed men as worthless, useless, vermin.

No surprise that now, they act like it.

And when they do stick around, they're fat, lazy dumbasses who couldn't tie their own shoes without their hot wife's help.

Danke
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
And when they do stick around, they're fat, lazy dumbasses who couldn't tie their own shoes without their hot wife's help.

Don't let your own experience sour you on all men.

awake
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
The State is her husband. She is acting as if it pays to marry Mr.Right, and she is going to keep cranking out kids to keep the relationship together; good welfare programs are hard to find.

Subsidise single mothers and you will get more single mothers who give birth to completly dependant state offspring.

brandon
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Is Danke hitting on kluge?

LibertyRevolution
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Yea it is pretty sleazy. In the case I was talking about the guy does have an alright career and is slowly getting his life together. He already pays a lot of money towards his girlfriend and her first kid. But he doesn't seem to have any moral aversion to welfarism, or any plan to marry this girl. It seems most people in their 20s -30s in my area of the country have absolutely no shame milking the welfare system.

If the state is offering free childcare, healthcare, food, cash and whatnot, why not take advantage of if?
You pay for it already out your taxes, most people think of it as just getting their money back.

brandon
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't disagree with trying to get some of your money back, but you can't really make that argument if you never put any money in in the first place.

specsaregood
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
./

Kluge
07-11-2012, 03:59 AM

Seems unlikely.

Kluge
07-11-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm a big believer in velcro.

That's an excellent way to relieve some of the pressure your wife feels in taking care of your incompetent ass, good job. :p

Noob
07-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Or just adopt China's One-Child Policy like the green freaks want America to do right? Is that what you really want?

With Obamacare I can see Doctors urging women not to give birth, but rather have an abortion, and they refuse the abortion to have an C-section so they could be sterilize with out even knowing it because this would give the Doctor access to tie her tubes or remove her uterus to prevent her from having any more children because it be more cost effective than giving birth. Liberals would love to say they are saving tax payer money with this.

Dr.3D
07-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Or just adopt China's One-Child Policy like the green freaks want America to do right? Is that what you really want?

With Obamacare I can see Doctors urging women not to give birth, but rather have an abortion, and they refuse the abortion to have an C-section so they could be sterilize with out even knowing it because this would give the Doctor access to tie her tubes or remove her uterus to prevent her from having any more children because it be more cost effective than giving birth. Liberals would love to say they are saving tax payer money with this.
You have to be kidding me!
You ask if that's what I want.
Did I say I wanted a one child policy?
Hell no, that's not what I said.
I said I would like those who can't afford children to stop having them and making everybody else pay for them.
Get it? Do you understand what I am saying or are you having some sort of mental problem?

kathy88
07-11-2012, 06:04 AM
BETA test.

What government has done to black community and family, it now has planned for everybody.

Give "Blacklash" by Deneen Borelli a read.

tod evans
07-11-2012, 06:18 AM

Try and grasp the idea of no government involvement, no "one-child" laws, no sterilization, no welfare, no taxes to support social engineering...

You would be at liberty to provide as much or as little support as you wanted to to any of these "needy" people...All by yourself, no overhead of government salaries /benefits and pensions to get in the way.

Much less government is the answer.

CaptUSA
07-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Try and grasp the idea of no government involvement, no "one-child" laws, no sterilization, no welfare, no taxes to support social engineering...

You would be at liberty to provide as much or as little support as you wanted to to any of these "needy" people...All by yourself, no overhead of government salaries /benefits and pensions to get in the way.

Much less government is the answer.The curious thing is that with much less government, the population growth actually controls itself. Not just because of each person taking responsibility, but with countries that have the highest levels of economic freedom, the population growth is the slowest. The more prosperous the population, the less need for more offspring to help out. Weird, huh?

showpan
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
The curious thing is that with much less government, the population growth actually controls itself. Not just because of each person taking responsibility, but with countries that have the highest levels of economic freedom, the population growth is the slowest. The more prosperous the population, the less need for more offspring to help out. Weird, huh?

That was a joke, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories _by_birth_rate

the highest rates are in places that have practically no government at all such as Africa, South America etc, and then you have socialist Germany which has one of the lowest rates.

CaptUSA
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
That was a joke, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories _by_birth_rate

the highest rates are in places that have practically no government at all such as Africa, South America etc, and then you have socialist Germany which has one of the lowest rates.Yeah, my first sentence was misstated. Not less government, more prosperity. However, more prosperity is acheived with more economic freedom. In the countries at the top of the list, economic freedoms are severely repressed.

Simple
07-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Why do you limit yourself to the two options?

If people know they're going to have to feed and care for their offspring or watch them suffer it's quite possible the "welfare class" would shrink in one generation.

Government "dependents" requesting tax-payer money from government "employees" just doesn't seem like a good way to limit the size of the federal government.

I'm just saying that the non-aggression principle comes before economics.

Well, the people who are not poor, generally control their baby making activities, because they know they will have to take care of them and pay through the nose to do so. Why should a certain segment of the population get a free pass to multiply as much as they see fit while the rest have to take responsibility for their reproductive activity and that of those who get a free pass?

I advocate for freedom not free passes. When you advocate for forced birth control you are arguing for tyranny, force, and violence. I think it was a joke what you said, but I consider bad social welfare to be a lesser evil than forced sterilizations. That shit is not funny.

Dr.3D
07-11-2012, 11:19 AM

I advocate for freedom not free passes. When you advocate for forced birth control you are arguing for tyranny, force, and violence. I think it was a joke what you said, but I consider bad social welfare to be a lesser evil than forced sterilizations. That shit is not funny.
1. Birth control implants are not sterilization.
2. The person has a choice as to getting the implant. They can get it and continue with welfare or decide not to continue with welfare. It's their choice, there is no force involved.

tod evans
07-11-2012, 11:25 AM

How in the world could wanting to eliminate a parasitic government oversight of tax-payer money equate in any way to your "non-aggressive" principles?

Simple
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
How in the world could wanting to eliminate a parasitic government oversight of tax-payer money equate in any way to your "non-aggressive" principles?

I'm saying we need to have priorities and the nonaggression principle is how I start thinking about any problem. There has got to be a more peaceful solution than forcing welfare recipients to undergo surgical birth control. I'll admit, I don't even really know what surgical birth control is, but some of the arguments in this thread sound like very similar the the argument for eugenics so I raised a red flag.

brandon
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
AEI Article shows that a single mom is better on on welfare than taking a $69k/year job.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/07/julias-mother-why-a-single-mom-is-better-off-on-welfare-than-taking-a-69000-a-year-job/

tod evans
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
AEI Article shows that a single mom is better on on welfare than taking a $69k/year job.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/07/julias-mother-why-a-single-mom-is-better-off-on-welfare-than-taking-a-69000-a-year-job/

I want a magic wand.........

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Tipping point has been achieved.

http://chinalawandpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tipping-point.jpg

RonPaulMall
07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
As Mencken noted, nature abhors a moron. The welfare class exists because government subsidizes it. Take away the subsidy, and nature takes care of the problem. People will either avoid having children they can't afford, or they and their children will suffer the consequences.

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Of course. Who wouldn't?

lx43
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
As Mencken noted, nature abhors a moron. The welfare class exists because government subsidizes it. Take away the subsidy, and nature takes care of the problem. People will either avoid having children they can't afford, or they and their children will suffer the consequences.

+ Rep

Anti Federalist
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
makes me wanna watch Maury :)

Ugh, had to take in my truck for an alignment after putting in new springs.

I was subjected to an hour of that in the shop lounge.

It was just awful.

lx43
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM

It was just awful.

I had to be subjected to it too recently when I was in the gym. Makes you wonder how the idiots even know how to tie their shoes.

MelissaWV
07-13-2012, 04:24 PM

It was just awful.

I'm sure it's staged. After the tenth time a gal goes on there and says "This time I'm SURE he's the daddy! The other fifty guys aren't, but THIS one IS!" you would think Maury would be forced to take her aside and ask if she's even aware how babies are made.