PDA

View Full Version : What Ed Failor should do

Seer
06-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Here's (http://politicalseer.blogspot.com/) my idea for what Ed needs to do stop the madness and save face at the same time. I wrote earlier about the Anuzis Effect at work here.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 06:18 PM
The link isn't all that obvious - maybe you should link a few more words, since it doesn't underline them. I got the first comment, too! :)

dspectre
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm going to just express this opinion because people don't get it....

I don't think it is good or right, but we live in a very direct culture.

This is one thing I find annoying about American culture actually, but that's part of it.

Now, people making calls to Ed's home is not good. I don't agree with it and it is wrong. I can't stand rude people.

However, if 10,000's of American people are calling, what are you suppose to expect? Everybody knows what Ed did was dishonest, it is obvious to almost anyone since he gives a bad explanation. It's like the guy who hangs out with the "bad group" and gets hurt. Was it wrong? Yes!! But you went with the bad group and guess what happened? Take some responsibility.

This guy is in a position where he is suppose to take responsibility. He's showing that he can't handle it too well. And he wants to cry about it and act like a victim, like he didn't have anything to do with this. That's rubbish.

I get tired of our culture being obsessed with being nice for the wrong reasons. This guy doesn't merit respect, he got Blow Back. Was it right for these people to do it? No, but that's how it works and he needs to buck up cowboy.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I thought you were going to describe a difficult anatomical manuever. Which he should also do.

Great blog. I just linked to it from my tiny little 3 - 5 hits-a-day blog.

UtahApocalypse
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I bet he is feeling like he has had a certain anatomical maneuver.

SeanEdwards
06-20-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm wondering if the exclusion of Paul was not really up to Failor at all. Isn't it possible that the other candidates said something like "I won't attend your debate if you invite Ron Paul"? I wouldn't put that past any of the other candidates. None of them want to get pwned by Paul's massive truth club, and they've probably figured out that the best way to hurt Paul is to not engage him.

This debate lineup already seems kind of odd, since it's missing McCain and the Ghoul. I'm starting to suspect that this debate forum is really pretty insignificant, and that actually the exclusion of Paul may ultimately be better press for Paul than inviting him. As it is, it appears to be a clear case of manipulation and kingmaking, which makes Paul even more attractive to voters fed up with "the system". The exclusion buzz is probably generating more nationwide interest than the stupid debate would have generated if they'd just done the right thing and invited all the candidates in the first place.

Seer
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
The reason the Ghoul and McCain aren't there is because they're skipping the Iowa Straw Poll. They're focusing on other states.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought you were going to describe a difficult anatomical manuever. Which he should also do.

You're funny. :D

mikelovesgod
06-20-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm sure he invited McGain and Ghooligan to come so they declined and they cannot support one more person when 2 people fell out?

ARealConservative
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
The reason the Ghoul and McCain aren't there is because they're skipping the Iowa Straw Poll. They're focusing on other states.

He won't be at the straw poll, but people can vote for him anyway. Guliani was actually in Iowa today.

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2007/06/20/ap/headlines/d8pst56o0.txt

Here is a portion of the article:

Giuliani: Joining Iraq Group a Mistake
By MIKE GLOVER | Wednesday, June 20, 2007
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential contender Rudy Giuliani said Wednesday it was a mistake for him to join the Iraq Study Group, on which he lasted just two months and failed to show for any official meetings. The former New York mayor has tried to tamp down criticism in recent days after Newsday reported that Giuliani was a no-show for two of the group's meetings and instead attended paid public appearances.

"I thought it would work, but then after a month or two I realized the idea that I was possibly going to run for president would be inconsistent with that," Giuliani said during a campaign stop in Iowa.

Giuliani said the main reason he quit was that it "didn't seem that I would really be able to keep the thing focused on a bipartisan, nonpolitical resolution."

The group was headed by James A. Baker III, secretary of state under the first President Bush and former Democratic Rep. Lee Hamilton of Indiana. Among its members were former Reagan Attorney General Edwin Meese III, former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and one-time Clinton chief of staff Leon Panetta.

The group issued an unanimous report calling for a gradual troop pullback in Iraq without setting firm timetables and more regional diplomacy. Its bipartisan work was hailed by members of both parties.

Giuliani, who often speaks of his leadership skills, said he decided the group was the wrong place for him. :D

The article also highlights the cocaine indictement within his election staff. Not a positive article by any sense IMO.

oldpaths1611
06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I just called Steve Scheffler, the president of Iowa Christian Alliance. Before I could even get a single word out he very angrily told me to stop calling him (it was my first call). He said he's trying to get rid of all the "stupid voice mail and emails from people like you." Then he said "don't call me anymore," and hung up. Sounds like Ron Paul supporters are doing their job and Mr. Scheffler is feeling the heat. His contact info is below. Keep up the "stupid voice mail and emails." Don't lay off these people until Dr. Paul gets a fair deal from them.

Steve Scheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
515-225-1515
(If no luck, try 515-971-7363)
515-225-1826 (fax)
slscheffler@iowachristian.com

PatriotOne
06-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I just called Steve Scheffler, the president of Iowa Christian Alliance. Before I could even get a single word out he very angrily told me to stop calling him (it was my first call). He said he's trying to get rid of all the "stupid voice mail and emails from people like you." Then he said "don't call me anymore," and hung up. Sounds like Ron Paul supporters are doing their job and Mr. Scheffler is feeling the heat. His contact info is below. Keep up the "stupid voice mail and emails." Don't lay off these people until Dr. Paul gets a fair deal from them.

Steve Scheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
515-225-1515
(If no luck, try 515-971-7363)
515-225-1826 (fax)
slscheffler@iowachristian.com

LOL....I love this stuff :D

You didn't even get a chance to let him know why you were calling? What if it was God calling him to let him know when the rapture was coming? Oh wait, he probably thinks it's happening now :eek:

oldpaths1611
06-20-2007, 08:15 PM
LOL....I love this stuff :D

You didn't even get a chance to let him know why you were calling? What if it was God calling him to let him know when the rapture was coming? Oh wait, he probably thinks it's happening now :eek:

I don't know if he thinks it's happening now....but I sure bet he wish it was.

Give me liberty
06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Maybe he will have a changed heart if we Educating him on why we need ron paul has pres :)
and maybe then he mighy changed his mind.

literatim
06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know if he thinks it's happening now....but I sure bet he wish it was.

:D

angelatc
06-20-2007, 08:37 PM
If he wants us to stop calling, then he should invite Ron Paul to the debate.

Silly little man.

literatim
06-20-2007, 08:38 PM
If he wants us to stop calling, then he should invite Ron Paul to the debate.

Silly little man.

So easy... Even a caveman can do it.