PDA

View Full Version : Club For Growth responded to my email on important races

GeorgiaAvenger
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I talked about the following candidates: Steve Stockman, Art Robinson, Kerry Bentivolio, John Brunner, and Kurt Bills. This is what I got in return:

Thank you for your email. We actually are looking into all of those races. MI-11 is especially interesting if Snyder decides to call for a special election.

Hope all is well. Join the Club and help us fight for economic liberty!

Regards,

Andy

Andrew Roth | VP of Government Affairs | The Club for Growth
2001 L Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036

RP Supporter
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Wait, a special election? That's what I feared. Would that let Cassis onto the ballot or anything? Seems like just the thing they'd try to pull.

GeorgiaAvenger
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Wait, a special election? That's what I feared. Would that let Cassis onto the ballot or anything? Seems like just the thing they'd try to pull.I have no clue.

Does anybody else know how the procedure works?

tsai3904
07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I have no clue.

Does anybody else know how the procedure works?

They can hold a special election on the same day as the general election to fill the remaining term (November through January). If Nancy loses this upcoming primary, she can still run for the special election and become a Congresswoman for two months but will be out of the running to be the Congressman for the next two years.

Nothing has been decided as to what the Governor will do in terms of a special election yet though.

Imperial
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I would be interested in the exact wording in your email. As a part-time Minnesotan and part-time Texan, I find two of those races really interesting. The others too, but less on a personal basis. Good job looking into this!

GeorgiaAvenger
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I would be interested in the exact wording in your email. As a part-time Minnesotan and part-time Texan, I find two of those races really interesting. The others too, but less on a personal basis. Good job looking into this!

Oh, I just went through their credentials and situation and why a free market think tank PAC should support them. It wasn't fancy of anything, it just got to the point.