PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Grassroots is Asking for Donations in Preparation for the Final State Convention

Sentinelrv
07-09-2012, 12:25 AM
This message was bumped up to the front page on the Daily Paul. I decided to post this here because it's urgent. Nebraska could be Ron Paul's 5th state if all others fail. The Daily Paul's front page is all about Nebraska right now, meanwhile Ron Paul Forums doesn't even seem to be talking about it. I find this disappointing, because I like this website more. If you can help out with this, please do!

http://www.dailypaul.com/243758/if-you-really-want-to-help-nebraska

We have been hesitant to ask for help. Indeed, some forms of help are probably not helpful in our state. But, if you're interested in helping us, the Republican Liberty Caucus-Nebraska has been bearing the brunt of the costs associated with the Convention--hospitality suites, printing costs, etc. We're pretty well tapped out, and we've got another week to go before the convention, and the establishment folks will probably throw some new things at us that will require us to spend MORE money.

If you want to help, we have a means for you to chip in, and it will go right into our account. https://secure.piryx.com/donate/u475pJ4h/RLCNE/conventions No PayPal, but credit/debit cards and eChecks are accepted.

Some of the actions we take in the next week will be dependent on having the means to finance them.

Laura Ebke, Chair
Republican Liberty Caucus-NE

Barrex
07-09-2012, 03:13 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

pauletteNV
07-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Come on everyone!??! Where are those dollars? This could be the most important convention yet....let's get with it. I don't have any discretionary dollars and I contributed because I don't feel this is discretionary, it is mandatory. Show Nebraska we are behind them.

RonRules
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
They need more security, on OUR side!

ninepointfive
07-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Shared this on the facebook page in my sig. Feel free to go share/comment/like to bump this up in the feeds.

Freespeech468
07-09-2012, 08:56 AM
WE... CAN... DO... THIS!

Barrex
07-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Yea but if you stutter it will take a lot longer....

pebcak
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
BUMP.

Nebraska delegate here. The RLC-NE is organizing the statewide effort. We could really use your support.

sailingaway
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
bump for Nebraska!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIlYgIBS2nU&feature=player_embedded

( I actually count more than 5 states for Ron already, she doesn't mention NV, where they are bound, but not, I believe, on the NOMINATION which is a different process from the BALLOT vote) but Romney's folks are challenging so many we need Nebraska

ClydeCoulter
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
They need more security, on OUR side!

So, what would a "clash of the security officers" look like? This could be a stalemate or "don't want to think about it". But I agree, they (we) need to go with their (our) own security.

ClydeCoulter
07-09-2012, 11:58 AM
bump for Nebraska!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIlYgIBS2nU&feature=player_embedded

( I actually count more than 5 states for Ron already, she doesn't mention NV, where they are bound, but not, I believe, on the NOMINATION which is a different process from the BALLOT vote) but Romney's folks are challenging so many we need Nebraska

I agree, he needs to show support of a plurality of delegates in each state which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the binding processes in any case.

FSP-Rebel
07-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Date 7/9/2012
Amount $25.00 (One Time)
Godspeed Nebraska!

FSP-Rebel
07-09-2012, 08:02 PM
bump so DP doesn't destroy us on this

sailingaway
07-09-2012, 08:15 PM
bump so DP doesn't destroy us on this

can't have that!!

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Hire the local sheriff.

Sentinelrv
07-09-2012, 11:37 PM
They've almost reached their goal. Only $200 left!

eleganz
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I've sent a msg to our treasurer here at LA HQ, I'm sure we can spare some of whatever funds was left over from the CA primaries.

:)

gocubsgo
07-09-2012, 11:58 PM
This was just released:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
JULY 9, 2012 Mark Fahleson: mfahleson@gmail.com
Laura Ebke: lauraebke@rlcne.org

JOINT STATEMENT
ON NEGOP STATE CONVENTION

Mark Fahleson, Chairman, Nebraska Republican Party
Laura Ebke, Chair, Republican Liberty Caucus of Nebraska

The following statement was jointly prepared and issued by Mark Fahleson on behalf of the Nebraska Republican Party and Laura Ebke on behalf of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Nebraska, a group whose membership consists of a number of individuals who have aligned themselves with the Ron Paul for President campaign:

"We are both troubled by the rhetoric and heightened tensions surrounding the upcoming NEGOP Convention this Saturday in Grand Island.

There is something called "The Nebraska Way." It's honesty. Being cordial and neighborly. Practicing The Golden Rule. And, when differences occur, shaking hands and agreeing to disagree in a respectful way.

It's important to us that the NEGOP Convention be conducted "The Nebraska Way." For that reason we met to discuss ways in which we could more accurately reflect the cordiality and cooperation that actually exists between our two groups and express our mutual desire for the NEGOP Convention be conducted in an orderly and positive fashion.

To accomplish this, we pledge the following:

The NEGOP and RLCNE will not engage in nor encourage and will actively discourage any kind of dilatory or disruptive tactics that could interfere with the mutual goal of an orderly and efficient convention.
Based upon assurances provided by the RLCNE, the NEGOP has reconsidered and withdrawn its plan to hire additional security officers for the NEGOP Convention.
The RLCNE will discourage those wishing to attend the NEGOP Convention for the purpose of intimidation, agitation or monitoring from attending.
At the conclusion of the NEGOP convention, we will work together to accomplish the overarching goal we share: defeating Barack Obama in November."

As RLCNE's Ebke explained further: "We are all Republicans. The RLCNE is nothing more than a subset of the Nebraska Republican Party whose focus is individual liberty and smaller government. We share the NEGOP's interest in running a fair convention that brings us all together in the end."

NEGOP's Fahleson reiterated his commitment to running a fair convention, explaining "Every minute spent on parliamentary gamesmanship is a minute we're not spending defeating Barack Obama and sending Bob Kerrey back to wife and son in New York. The NEGOP and RLCNE have pledged to work together for the greater good, and that's what Saturday's convention will be all about."

After all the shenanigans elsewhere, I'm very hesitant that the NEGOP will abide by their decisions. I would still hire our own security force.

eleganz
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
We have the leverage of exposure and seems like the RLCNE is plenty aware and using that leverage.

This goes hand in hand with a post I made earlier about Nebraska supporters (if you are not a delegate) to show up at/outside the convention as 'press' and a curious crowd letting the GOP leadership think that there are many eyes on the event.

Sentinelrv
So they decided not to hire the extra security guards after all?

Indy Vidual
I've sent a msg to our treasurer here at LA HQ, I'm sure we can spare some of whatever funds was left over from the CA primaries.

:)

Great idea, let's win.

Sentinelrv
07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
This goes hand in hand with a post I made earlier about Nebraska supporters (if you are not a delegate) to show up at/outside the convention as 'press' and a curious crowd letting the GOP leadership think that there are many eyes on the event.

I like this idea. Let them believe everything they're doing is being filmed and reported.

eleganz
07-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I like this idea. Let them believe everything they're doing is being filmed and reported.

Exactly...straight out of the book of Sun Tzu :)

Tinnuhana
07-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Not sure I like this part ((see emphasis added):
The RLCNE will discourage those wishing to attend the NEGOP Convention for the purpose of intimidation, agitation or monitoring from attending.
Does this mean they're going to forbid recording again?

CPUd
07-10-2012, 05:37 AM
So they decided not to hire the extra security guards after all?

Perhaps they'll use the security guards to direct traffic instead :)

rprprs
07-10-2012, 06:03 AM

Yeppers. That part struck me too.

jordie
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Can't someone hide a camera in their pocket with a hole or use a pen-camera or something?

pebcak
07-10-2012, 08:43 AM

Through the RLC-NE and NEGOP agreement, the RLC was given a copy of the proposed rules which has nothing currently which would forbid recording.

Bastiat's The Law
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Record everything! Cockroaches & corruption shriek at sunlight.

sailingaway
07-10-2012, 09:50 AM
This was just released:

After all the shenanigans elsewhere, I'm very hesitant that the NEGOP will abide by their decisions. I would still hire our own security force.

I wonder if our interests are precisely aligned with the liberty caucus which in some areas seems much more party conciliatory than we are. In other areas it is great. I hope this is a great area.

rprprs
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder if our interests are precisely aligned with the liberty caucus which in some areas seems much more party conciliatory than we are. In other areas it is great. I hope this is a great area.

I wonder about the alignment too. But since it's so down to the wire, I had to hope for the best and take a shot.

Date 7/10/2012
Amount $25.00 (One Time)
Transaction ID 7bb5591cfdef4cddafb7a47c04cxxxxxx
Payment Method Credit Card (Visa) ending in XXXX
Organization Republican Liberty Caucus-Nebraska

Okie RP fan
07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Any Paul Nebraska delegates who weren't going to attend because they lost faith with the campaign, please reconsider!

Barrex
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Any Paul Nebraska delegates who weren't going to attend because they lost faith with the campaign, please reconsider! If you go I will tell you dirty joke.

qh4dotcom
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Just donated...thank you to the Nebraska grassroots for all that they do for Liberty.

riviera1992
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I wish RP delegates would show a video of all the attack ads on Romney and ask the audience, is anybody in their right mind will vote for this guy at a time in history when the public despises big corporates and banksters? Romney is toast before he's even nominated.

And NO Ron Paul isn't steeling votes from him. Attack ads are stealing his votes. He's got too much wrong baggage and association to win anything.

IMO, the only way for Dr Paul to win is emphasazing the end of the wars and the Fed. These 2 issues alone could get him lots of votes.

unknown
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
The call went out and it was answered. Already reached the goal.

NEVER stop fighting, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

sailingaway
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I wonder about the alignment too. But since it's so down to the wire, I had to hope for the best and take a shot.

I agree.

opinionatedfool
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Our people should hire there own security guards. They should also talk to the local police and let them know what is going on and what the correct procedures are. Ideally it would be a lawyer talking to the police. It would make them think twice about meddling with the convention.

sailingaway
07-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Our people should hire there own security guards. They should also talk to the local police and let them know what is going on and what the correct procedures are. Ideally it would be a lawyer talking to the police. It would make them think twice about meddling with the convention.

I wish we could do that. tell them if they ignore proper motions they are SUPPOSED to be able to be removed, etc.

ClydeCoulter
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I wish we could do that. tell them if they ignore proper motions they are SUPPOSED to be able to be removed, etc.

The security officers need their own unbiased parlamentarian to help them so they will know when things are "out of hand" and when things are "justifiably heated".

riviera1992
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
The security officers need their own unbiased parlamentarian to help them so they will know when things are "out of hand" and when things are "justifiably heated".

This ^^

Let's hope the Paulites hired a good one for themselves.

sailingaway
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Remember to watch out for FAKE SLATES -- and this guy passed fake ones at two different conventions, but there were fake ones in CO too, and I think it was different people there.

http://www.staplenews.com/home/2012/7/11/ron-paul-supporters-watch-out-for-charlie-cheater-at-the-neb.html

Monotaur
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Remember to watch out for FAKE SLATES -- and this guy passed fake ones at two different conventions, but there were fake ones in CO too, and I think it was different people there.

http://www.staplenews.com/home/2012/7/11/ron-paul-supporters-watch-out-for-charlie-cheater-at-the-neb.html

Thanks sailingaway, I was just going to post something about this. It seems like they first rolled these out in CO, and then later other conventions. And they seemed to have changed tactics to become more sneaky. Watch out for them, and when given the chance to give your delegate speech (if you do; we got 15 seconds in CO), be sure to call them out on it.

It was definitely someone else in CO (although this guy *could* have been there too, I don't know). And, be careful for fake slates that have some Paul people and some Romney (ie, "last minute changes"...) as they did in ME.

Slimey, slimey tactics. And they call us disruptive and cheaters?