PDA

View Full Version : Drudge: LIBERTARIANISM -- KEY SWING VOTE?

wgadget
07-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Kinda weird article "not about Ron Paul" that's about the freedom movement (and Ron Paul).

http://news.yahoo.com/freedom-fashion-libertarianism-back-135834889.html

sailingaway
07-08-2012, 10:34 PM
The article has already been posted, though not from Drudge. We know this, and CNN even polled the 'undecideds' and found the politician they liked was Ron Paul.

Only NOW do they report it, however.

wgadget
07-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Pretty solid article. I agree that the timing sucks. Goes along with Erickson's revelation we might need a third party.

Oh, well. The fat lady in Tampa has yet to sing.

romancito
07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Drudge may be trying to get back Libertarians and Ron Paul supporters that have left him or are paying little attention to his page now. Drudge can go fly a kite. It will take I don't know what for me to listen to the political news channels again. I'm done with them. I will do one of three. Either write in Ron Paul, vote Libertarian (highest probability) or stay home. But Fox and the rest are not on my list of listening to.

romancito
07-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh, well. The fat lady in Tampa has yet to sing.

Dr. Paul keeps making the wrong choices or the right ones if his strategy is just to propose solutions but not being responsible to implement them. He should have embraced the Ron Paul Fest; speak at 6:00 p.m. daily there and then do his own rally also and make a takeover bid for the Convention nomination. But nooooo he has to go the safe route and prevent any type of emotional movement so that everyone can just walk around Tampa eating ice cream and chatting about Romney's hair (which is what will turn around the economy).

No singing for you.

wgadget
07-08-2012, 10:55 PM
May I suggest listening to business talk radio? Right now I'm listening on my iPod (TuneIn) to Bloomberg Radio and they're covering the LIBOR scandal, etc. Very interesting. You can get the latest news and the shows at night come from the UK. If you're into that kind of thing...a lot less aggravating than the neocons.

wgadget
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Did Ron ever say he wouldn't SHOW UP at the PaulFest?

Monotaur
07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Really good article, thanks for sharing!

An I feel the same way as many of the people quoted in it, that this is going to be a movement larger than just Ron Paul and that we will win in the end. It brings a smile to my face. :)

Monotaur
07-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Oh, and I'd +rep you but:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wgadget again."

Hopefully someone will help me out. :)

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 04:54 AM
where's the article?

wgadget
07-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Here ya go...

http://news.yahoo.com/freedom-fashion-libertarianism-back-135834889.html

GO, LIBERTY MOVEMENT! :)

Luciconsort
07-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Oh, and I'd +rep you but:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wgadget again."

Hopefully someone will help me out. :)

I got ya +1

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 06:36 AM
thanks!

NoOneButPaul
07-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Yes. He said he was only attending ONE convention on Sunday, his own.

I can't blame him for that because Paul Fest is turning into a fanatics special that he won't be able to control.

wgadget
07-09-2012, 07:47 AM

I can't blame him for that because Paul Fest is turning into a fanatics special that he won't be able to control.

Yeah, I agree that he needs to keep some semblance of control down there so close to the RNC. But I just thought he said he would only be SPEAKING at his rally...that he's won't be SPEAKING at any other rally...I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped in..but what do I know? Maybe I'm misinterpreting things.

Ron Paul is an awful sincere guy, in tune with his patriot following.

wgadget
07-09-2012, 07:48 AM
I got ya +1

Thanks, guys. My rep runneth over... :)

romancito
07-09-2012, 08:03 AM

Ron Paul has a characteristic way of saying things in third person kind of way. He doesn't say things directly to the meaning. In terms of the Ron Paul Fest, as soon as it was announced, he encouraged it, said he has honored, he praised his supporters for it and said implied in many ways that he was pleased. Ron Paul characteristically also likes to pass the ball to others (his supporters) a praise them for what they do for him and how they protect him and love him but he also likes to distance himself from them at all cost because he doesn't want people to get in front of him and he doesn't want people to get hurt by being attacked by police and security for being all exited about his cause.

So he implied he would show up but not if he thinks there may be people getting in trouble with police. So mostly he'll show up for ice cream and slurpees and strolling under the shade of the trees.

sailingaway
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Hardly. Does that sound like Ron?

sailingaway
07-09-2012, 10:37 AM

"he" said he was only SPEAKING at one. I suspect it is bait to get the stealth delegates there so the campaign knows how many there are. As well as for other reasons already discussed. I'm hoping he will still drop by and shake hands at some point, though. That is harder to spin against him than sharing a stage.

TheGrinch
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
The article has already been posted, though not from Drudge. We know this, and CNN even polled the 'undecideds' and found the politician they liked was Ron Paul.

Only NOW do they report it, however.
Seriously, every other year, it's swing voters this, and independents that, ad nauseum, but just like the way they ignored every other facet of this campaign, they just want to pretend that our key voting bloc doesn't exist...

wgadget
07-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Ron Paul has a characteristic way of saying things in third person kind of way. He doesn't say things directly to the meaning. In terms of the Ron Paul Fest, as soon as it was announced, he encouraged it, said he has honored, he praised his supporters for it and said implied in many ways that he was pleased. Ron Paul characteristically also likes to pass the ball to others (his supporters) a praise them for what they do for him and how they protect him and love him but he also likes to distance himself from them at all cost because he doesn't want people to get in front of him and he doesn't want people to get hurt by being attacked by police and security for being all exited about his cause.

So he implied he would show up but not if he thinks there may be people getting in trouble with police. So mostly he'll show up for ice cream and slurpees and strolling under the shade of the trees.

Do you know I seriously can't think of anything better than seeing Ron Paul enjoying ice cream and slurpees strolling under the shade of the trees in Tampa...I hope he surprises us. :)