PDA

View Full Version : What Are We Doing?

Okie RP fan
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I, personally, haven't been frequenting RPF as much as I used to. And, if I do, I browse the forums for something "new" and "exciting." It seems a large chunk of our user base has vanished, and I think all of us could speculate as to why; there isn't any one reason.

I just hope that all of us can remain strong and steadfast through these troubling times. Remember, revolutions aren't easy, and no one said they were going to be. But, keep your minds on the ultimate goal: restoring liberty.

I hope that those who can attend Paul Festival do so in place of those of us who simply cannot make the trip. And for those who are going, have fun, but, please, there will be eyes on all of those in attendance. And, remember, act as Dr. Paul would want you to. It's important that we maintain what credibility we have (post-media blitz on us, obviously).

Also, I sincerely hope people have at least taken on the local and state-level (even U.S. congressional level) races and donated time and/or money to our liberty candidates. By now, we should all be able to discern who is pro-liberty and who isn't. If you don't, make a check list and go to the next town hall or to the person's website, or give his or her campaign a call. There are also a few sites that people throw around on here with lists of candidates who want to abide by the Constitution and return it to relevancy. So, check around.

Remember, continue working on family and friends. Let's introduce them to liberty, first. Plant the seeds of liberty and the r3VOLution in their minds so that they may do the same to their family and friends. Don't be afraid; not everyone will be receptive, but, you can at least say you tried. We need to keep expanding our "population," if you will.

Other than that, I just wanted to create a thread to see where everyone's mindsets were. I know some of the most recent events with some of our "figures" have been disheartening, but, let's keep the fight going.

Also, can the RPF creators/mods/whoever send out a mass email to all of the users? What I have in mind is just a reminder that Paul Festival is coming up, along with the convention, and in the email it should be mentioned that we have lists and discussions scattered throughout RPF about other liberty-minded candidates. It's just a thought since most of us haven't been on here in quite some time. If not, it's fine, just a thought.

Please comment, I'm interested in hearing what's been going on with everyone.

Keep on, everyone. For Liberty!

sailingaway
07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I think the email is a good idea, once Deb has the transportation link to Ron's rally solidified. I'll suggest it to Josh, maybe write a draft. We need to keep in touch, even when people are drifting. I think Tampa will bring everyone back here, but an email as to why those who aren't keeping track would even still find it interesting isn't a bad idea, given how little airplay Ron's delegates are getting.

Okie RP fan
07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I really think the email is a good idea as well, thanks for "endorsing" the idea, SA. If you could, just see what you can do.

sailingaway
07-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll ask, and I'll write a draft when I have the info. I can't send it out, myself.

Matthew Zak
07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKZqbGRuxs

coffeewithchess
07-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I, personally, haven't been frequenting RPF as much as I used to. And, if I do, I browse the forums for something "new" and "exciting." It seems a large chunk of our user base has vanished, and I think all of us could speculate as to why; there isn't any one reason.

A few reasons:
1) Grassroots being lied to about "In It to Win It"
2) Rand Paul lying in his endorsement of Mitt Romney, and dragging Ron Paul supporters into that endorsement
3) Ron Paul allowing his official campaign site to be used as a defense of Rand Paul's lying endorsement of Mitt Romney
4) Asking for donations repeatedly, and not attack Romney once with a single Romney only attack ad
5) Helping Romney secure the nomination
6) Realizing that perhaps the "sources" of a Romney/Paul alliance were correct many months ago...
7) A candidate/campaign never serious about winning, yet didn't seem to mind asking for money

Also, I sincerely hope people have at least taken on the local and state-level (even U.S. congressional level) races and donated time and/or money to our liberty candidates. By now, we should all be able to discern who is pro-liberty and who isn't. If you don't, make a check list and go to the next town hall or to the person's website, or give his or her campaign a call. There are also a few sites that people throw around on here with lists of candidates who want to abide by the Constitution and return it to relevancy. So, check around.

Local and state involvement is very important. Just remember, you can get involved locally and state wide, even nationally, and not have to lie to do so.

Remember, continue working on family and friends. Let's introduce them to liberty, first. Plant the seeds of liberty and the r3VOLution in their minds so that they may do the same to their family and friends. Don't be afraid; not everyone will be receptive, but, you can at least say you tried. We need to keep expanding our "population," if you will.
Correct, not every flower has what a bee is looking for at the time it stops by, but the bee doesn't stop at the one flower...they keep on moving.

Other than that, I just wanted to create a thread to see where everyone's mindsets were. I know some of the most recent events with some of our "figures" have been disheartening, but, let's keep the fight going.

Also, can the RPF creators/mods/whoever send out a mass email to all of the users? What I have in mind is just a reminder that Paul Festival is coming up, along with the convention, and in the email it should be mentioned that we have lists and discussions scattered throughout RPF about other liberty-minded candidates. It's just a thought since most of us haven't been on here in quite some time. If not, it's fine, just a thought.

Please comment, I'm interested in hearing what's been going on with everyone.

Keep on, everyone. For Liberty!

As for what I'm doing, I'm actually working on a video right now, perhaps by the end of this week it will be finished, and another one for next month...

VIDEODROME
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm on a tight budget as a college student so not very active politically.

Also I'm a resident of Michigan following this crap about our Secretary of State blocking Gary Johnson from the ballot. I'm wondering if I should be writing the SoS or Governor or if this is entirely a matter of the courts.

tbone717
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Right now my work has been locally with my County GOP. The next big thing is a fundraiser for our State Senator Mike Folmer on 7/15. For those who do not know Folmer, he is a solid libertarian-conservative. He endorsed Paul in 08 and 12. He is a member of the RLC and is in his 2nd term in the PA Senate, up for reelection in 2014.

nobody's_hero
07-08-2012, 04:22 PM
My county GOP is a lost cause. I'm not wasting my time with them, but I do plan to eventually move to a county that has no GOP and establish a local meeting. That means I'll probably have to move to areas that are overwhelmingly democrat, and I probably won't ever be represented by someone who even remotely 'represents' me. But, I will get to show up as a delegate during nominations in the future, if I'm the only one in the county who is a "republican."

Okie RP fan
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the responses. It's good to see people still doing whatever it is they can.

Keep 'em coming!

Okie RP fan
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Bumping because we could use that email to also remind our Nebraska folks about the convention and how to prepare.