PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012! For the faithful who still beleve but are discouraged

A_Silent_Majority_Member
07-08-2012, 02:25 AM
wow... ever stop and just read over threads and let it all sink in whats goin on here??? bottom line... the rand fans, libertarians, (and romney bots simply happy to have their guy in) are all slap happy with glee and cant wait to tell everyone give up and how it best "for the future" <--code for rand 2016.. or how "the movement is much bigger" <--- code for elect more libertarians/vote gary johnson.

with allies like these.. who needs opposition?

Whats really funny is to see their feeble attempts at using NLP techniques on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

If you are still for Ron Paul 2012.. Then i remind you that common sense should let anyone see there is no reason not to keep fighting the cause because after all if everything is so without hope as the naysayers are reporting.. then there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

4 outcomes in Tampa for us...
outcome 1. We vote Paul but are outnumbered.. at least we tried.
outcome 2. We vote Paul and have the numbers but are blocked by party... troops rallied by our show of strength in numbers & party EXPOSED
outcome 3. We vote Paul and have the numbers and the party allows it but Paul declines.. same as above -exposed + gained perspective
outcome 4. We vote Paul and have the numbers, the party allows it, and Paul accepts.. Welcome to the white house President Paul and a whole new era is upon us!

It is with that that i have to say in sarcastic humor to keep focus and hold the mindset that... All these rand hats, gary j smoochers, romney ops, political party (as in libertarian) pushers et al can take their pansy ninny poopoo know it all blah blah doom and gloom statistics, crumble them up into a tight lil wad.. turn that someBEEP sideways and stick it strait up their rootypoo candy (_|_) 's !!! :P

Rand 2016??? lets deal with 2012 first eh?
Gary Johnson 2012??? blah no way! dont like his internet policy.
Vote Libertarian???? maybe we will see.
for now....
RON PAUL 2012!!!!!

sailingaway
07-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I'll bet you a dollar if Ron is nominated he won't decline..... :rolleyes:

Carlybee
07-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Some of us may have given up on the GOP as a vehicle but it doesn't mean we wouldn't jump for joy if RP won...which he says he won't. That's the reason some of us joined, donated, talked to people until we are blue in the face. Doesn't mean we are all pushing GJ or are some kind of operative. I'm still voting Ron no matter what.
I hope the delegates feel the same and are able to nominate him.

sailingaway
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Ron says he doesn't EXPECT to. I think he is unlikely to. That doesn't mean we aren't running straight through the finish line as hard as we can, though.

jointhefightforfreedom
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
RON PAUL OR NONE AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

simplyjacy
07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
+rep

Carehn
07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Yep. I support Ron till the end, but im not going to write his name in. If i vote and paul is not an option then GJ will get my vote.

AlexAmore
07-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I've been fighting for Ron since the beginning (before he was cool) :p. I knocked on doors, passed out lit...etc.

Just because we talk about Rand and voting for other Libertarians doesn't mean we give up. It just means we don't know what more we can possibly do for Ron Paul at this stage. On the other hand there is a lot we can do locally. Ron Paul always talks about how he is just a mere part of a bigger movement.

MelissaWV
07-08-2012, 01:52 PM
It is highly possible, at this point in the race, to both work for Ron's presence in Tampa (whichever option that winds up being) and to work for the future. No, that does NOT mean "vote for someone else." It means work locally, support local candidates (or state-level candidates in other states who have an awesomely good chance of winning), and if you are an LP fan it means to continue ballot access drives so that it is a viable option for bigger and better candidates each year. If you are an utter anarchist, it can also mean just continuing to get the word out about how awful Government is anyhow. In other words, there is always work to do, and it does not mean the person working has abandoned Ron Paul.

soulcyon
07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm still disappointed that Ron Paul won't speak at any of the supporter-spawned pre-convention festivals :\

And whatever happened to the Lawyers for Ron Paul business? I haven't seen any updates in a while regarding the court rulings.

eleganz
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm still disappointed that Ron Paul won't speak at any of the supporter-spawned pre-convention festivals :\

And whatever happened to the Lawyers for Ron Paul business? I haven't seen any updates in a while regarding the court rulings.

because no court ruling has been made, otherwise we would know.

twomp
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Some of us may have given up on the GOP as a vehicle but it doesn't mean we wouldn't jump for joy if RP won...which he says he won't. That's the reason some of us joined, donated, talked to people until we are blue in the face. Doesn't mean we are all pushing GJ or are some kind of operative. I'm still voting Ron no matter what.
I hope the delegates feel the same and are able to nominate him.

Totally agree! Ron Paul 2012! Viva La rEVOLution!

JK/SEA
07-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Ron will not be an option for an 'official' write in in my State...BUT...i have this quick drying..water resistant BLACK Marks-A-Lot felt pen that could be put into service if/when the time comes, but i am fully expecting Ron Paul to be the Republican nominee......

dillo
07-09-2012, 04:19 AM
My vote will say Ron Paul

NoOneButPaul
07-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Again... I don't think people realize that Ron may not want to win the way you all think he can.

I think the delegates were all about sending a message, having a say in VP, and changing the platform so the NeoCons force themselves to look stupid.

Ron's all about NOT forcing people to do things, I think even Ron knows it would be beyond FORCE to take the nomination after not winning a single state's straw poll.

I know people here don't want to think it, but I don't think Ron wants to win at this point. If you've paid close attention he's seemingly made that apparent... it's becoming more and more about Rand...

romancito
07-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I'll bet you a dollar if Ron is nominated he won't decline..... :rolleyes:

I feel he already declined. And the delegate policy fizzled out by lack of support from him. The silent treatment he chose killed the momentum to a trickle. The money that could have been used to obfuscate Romney's bound delegates and create doubt in them and promote that they can instead vote Dr. Paul was kept in the bank for when gold goes back to 325 per ounce.

sailingaway
07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I feel he already declined. And the delegate policy fizzled out by lack of support from him. The silent treatment he chose killed the momentum to a trickle. The money that could have been used to obfuscate Romney's bound delegates and create doubt in them and promote that they can instead vote Dr. Paul was kept in the bank for when gold goes back to 325 per ounce.

I don't think he was ever that involved with the campaign side of things. As he put it in MANY interviews, he does his thing as he always has and the campaign people run the campaign.

And he said with absolute RELISH in his Texas GOP convention speech that the 1976 RNC where he was a delegate for Reagan was the last RNC where the PEOPLE had the choice of nominee. Reagan was put into nomination there, and Ron, leading the delegation from Texas for Reagan fought like a beast to get Reagan the nomination. They didn't win, but it was a battle and a half.

torchbearer
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Again... I don't think people realize that Ron may not want to win the way you all think he can.

I think the delegates were all about sending a message, having a say in VP, and changing the platform so the NeoCons force themselves to look stupid.

Ron's all about NOT forcing people to do things, I think even Ron knows it would be beyond FORCE to take the nomination after not winning a single state's straw poll.

I know people here don't want to think it, but I don't think Ron wants to win at this point. If you've paid close attention he's seemingly made that apparent... it's becoming more and more about Rand...

He won the louisiana caucus with over 70% of the vote.
Mitt Romney had less than 5%.

YankeesJunkie
07-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Ron Paul this election did not win many of the battles, but he has struck a major blow to GOP establishment and energized a group of conservatives, youth, libertarians, liberals, etc. that the fight does not end with the straw polls, but rather the revolution takes place from the ground up and not the top down. True liberty fighters such as Massie and Bills and many more won respective GOP nominations. Gary Johnson has a very good chance of being the most successful Libertarian (Liberty) candidate. This race stretches beyond 2012 GOP nomination, it goes in to continually trying to gain seats at all levels of government and the realization that whether you are voting for GOP or DEM for the most part you are voting the for the expansion of government intrusion. This is hopefully just a beginning rather than an end and to say whether RP wins or loses at the convention may be irrelevant because this is bigger than RP this bigger than GOP this is bigger than 2012. A vote for liberty is never wasted and a vote for tyranny is never earned.

ClydeCoulter
07-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't think he was ever that involved with the campaign side of things. As he put it in MANY interviews, he does his thing as he always has and the campaign people run the campaign.

And he said with absolute RELISH in his Texas GOP convention speech that the 1976 RNC where he was a delegate for Reagan was the last RNC where the PEOPLE had the choice of nominee. Reagan was put into nomination there, and Ron, leading the delegation from Texas for Reagan fought like a beast to get Reagan the nomination. They didn't win, but it was a battle and a half.

^^^ THIS ^^^
We should cheer our delegates all the way through the finish line.

Have you ever tried doing something with people over your shoulder saying, "it can't be done, you're wasting your time". It sucks but I've overcome it many, many times.