PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to blow off Paul Festival for GOP delegates rally

qwerty
07-08-2012, 02:24 AM
July 7, 2012. Tampa. On August 26, 2012, the city of Tampa, Florida will simultaneously host two separate Ron Paul rallies. One will be a three-day music and political festival organized by Ron Paul supporters with plenty of organized activities for the whole family. The other event…will have Ron Paul. In a surprising announcement, the popular Republican Presidential candidate made it clear he would not be speaking at Paul Festival, leaving his die-hard supporters feeling betrayed for the second time in as many months.

For quite a while, Ron Paul’s now legendary supporters have been planning a ‘thank you’ rally for their beloved Presidential candidate Ron Paul. With a line-up of speakers that promises to be thee political rally of the summer, Paul Festival as they’ve called it, will only be missing one thing – the guest of honor himself, Ron Paul.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-to-blow-off-paul-festival-for-gop-delegates-rally

PierzStyx
07-08-2012, 02:33 AM
How is he "blowing" them off? It is most likely Dr. Paul has been planning this rally for awhile now, long before Paulfest was announced. Why should he cancel all his plans to satisfy someone else? I've actually been anticipating his rally announcement for awhile now since he did the same thing in 2008 with the Rally For The Republic. So this shouldn't be such a big surprise to anyone. In addition his rally is free ensuring as many as possibly can be contained in the stadium will be able to be there.

Also, I'm willing to be he is hesitant to be associated with anything bearing his name in such a prominent way. He seems to humble to even be comfortable with it.

kylejack
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
How is he "blowing" them off? It is most likely Dr. Paul has been planning this rally for awhile now, long before Paulfest was announced.
Incorrect, Benton said very early on that Ron Paul wasn't going to attend any event where the campaign didn't have full control. They then set about planning a separate event.

JK/SEA
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
my prediction...he shows un-announced...at the last minute.

40oz
07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
It makes sense. He can have his cake and eat it too. There should be enough of us in town to fill the stadium and Paul can keep the high-road.

TheGrinch
07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Incorrect, Benton said very early on that Ron Paul wasn't going to attend any event where the campaign didn't have full control. They then set about planning a separate event.
How is that not "long before Paulfest was announced?"

I mean, why would they plan to attend an event that doesn't exist that they have no control over (and for all they know at that time might have been exploiting the Paul name for special interests), when they can have an event where they control their own message... I mean, what an outrage, that during a campaign, the campaign was trying to ensure that they stayed on their message. :rolleyes:

kathy88
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I'll admit I was a tad butthurt when this was first announced, especially the already beaten to death ONLY wording. But I'm just glad I get to attend both. BONUS!!!!!!

Aratus
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
kathy88 i like your attitude. in another thread i think someone was hoping doctor ron paul's speech to the gop delegates could
be broadcast live at the Freedom Festival also, and i think someone had said there would be a live broadcast due to the conflict.

Echoes
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
What's next, he's gonna shine Mitt's shoes ?

newbitech
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Not a bad article at all actually. It is a blow off. Look at the list of people who will be at Paul Fest. I also like the fact that the author pointed out that the email didn't say he wouldn't be there, just said he wouldn't be speaking there.

That made me think.

It's almost like a comedy roast. The subject of the roast is not doing the speaking or the presenting. Hmm...

PierzStyx
07-08-2012, 08:45 PM

And so we went ahead making a separate event anyway? So again, how is Paul "blowing" anyone off? We've known for awhile now that he wasn't coming, but it was likely he would hold his own. Sounds to me people are getting butthurt without cause then. That Ron Paul is doing exactly as announced isn't "blowing anyone off". It just sounds like we're acting like babies because he won't change and come to "our" event.

row333au
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
This is more of a "Gary Johnson Festival" than Ron Paul that is why it's at odds with Dr. Paul's scheduled delegate activities to coincide with competing for the attention, attendance, and money from his Ron Paul's supporters as they ride on Ron Paul's tail or curtailing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gary-johnson-to-headline-paul-festival-tampa-1

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/06/gary-johnson-wants-ron-paul-supporters/

http://www.ronpaul.tv/ron-paul/libertarians-unite-gary-johnson-courting-ron-paul-supporters.php

Gary Johnson to co-headline Paul Festival in Tampa with his shameless and relentless promoting of himself as he keeps attaching himself over and over again as a Dr Ron Paul, and (most of all) the distraction it is creating. A very clever and smart way of demoralizing Ron Paul's supporters as it creates divisions and negative Ron Paul vibes, as Dr Ron Paul is also divided over priorities to get himself nominated and the real genuine Ron Paul supporters duped by honoring him.

http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/07/05/this-country-needs-a-good-slap-down-say-what/

Question is, where is the transparency of the money created out of all this?
3 days of festival, with volunteers for security and medical?
Is it insured for all 3 days?
Is it going to drag Ron Paul's name?

parocks
07-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Just announced - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus is playing. Most famous musical act yet.