PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: I can't make you love Mitt Romney

Anti Federalist
07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL - Well, at least he's being honest about it.

Boehner: I can't make you love Mitt Romney

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57468106-503544/boehner-i-cant-make-you-love-mitt-romney/

(CBS News) When House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, endorsed Mitt Romney for president in April, he pledged to do "everything I can to help him win."

In his words, however, the one thing he can't do is make voters "fall in love" with the candidate.

Speaking last week at a fundraiser in Wheeling, W.Va., Boehner was surprisingly candid in his characterization of Romney's candidacy when asked, in a question-and-answer session: "Can you make me love Mitt Romney?"

"No," he answered, as first reported by Roll Call. "Listen, we're just politicians. I wasn't elected to play God. The American people probably aren't going to fall in love with Mitt Romney."

He added that the presumptive Republican nominee had "some friends, relatives, and fellow Mormons... some people that are going to vote for him," but suggested that at the end of the day, Republicans would be voting against President Obama rather than for Romney.

"I'll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama," Boehner said. "This election is going to be a referendum on the president's failed economic policies. "

Calling Romney a "solid guy," Boehner went on to say that the former Massachusetts governor is "going to do a great job, even if you don't fall in love with him."

Asked about the comments on Saturday, Boehner spokesperson Cory Fritz pointed out that the Speaker had attended campaign events for Romney in Ohio that very morning. He also opened up a campaign office for Romney in Ohio on Saturday.

"Four years ago, President Obama was greeted as a celebrity, but that hasn't resulted in jobs and growth for families and small businesses," Fritz said in an e-mailed statement. "Americans are going to be voting this November based on who can get our economy moving, and Mitt Romney - with his experience as a private-sector job creator and a governor - is the best candidate to do just that."

Responding to the comment, Romney adviser Kevin Madden said Saturday that "John [Boehner]'s right in that speeches and lofty rhetoric haven't gotten the job done for the American people in the Obama era, and that Governor Romney's dedicated focus on the economy can and will put the country back on track."

"This is an election about fixing the American economy, putting Americans back to work and putting the country back on track towards a brighter future," he said. "It's an election about competence, particularly after three and a half years of incompetence and a total lack of leadership on the economy."

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I will be voting for someone else.

sailingaway
07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
http://p.twimg.com/Aohsm8fCAAA6VYh.jpg

phill4paul
07-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Lol. Can't even get love from his own party.

angelatc
07-07-2012, 02:12 PM
ROTFL - what a horrible system this republic has devolved into.

TheGrinch
07-07-2012, 02:21 PM
At least they're being honest that they use the two-party system against us, to make us choose between a douche and a turd. Go lesser of two evils!!

Anti Federalist
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
http://p.twimg.com/Aohsm8fCAAA6VYh.jpg

"I am being the best for the country"

Anti Federalist
07-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I will be voting for someone else.

"Someone else! Someone else!"

"Hey, Homer's someone else!"

"Homer! Homer! Homer!"

jkr
07-07-2012, 02:47 PM
and u cant make me like "Boehner"

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
"Someone else! Someone else!"

"Hey, Homer's someone else!"

"Homer! Homer! Homer!"

;)

i'm waiting to see who makes the ballot.

ClydeCoulter
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
;)

i'm waiting to see who makes the ballot.

Me too :D

Origanalist
07-07-2012, 11:16 PM
and u cant make me like "Boehner"

You don't like orange smurfs?:eek:

georgiaboy
07-07-2012, 11:23 PM
I had to double-take that the article wasn't from The Onion.

Too funny.

Weston White
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM
“I'll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama,”

I would say that 100% percent of the people that show up to vote are going to vote for or against Barry Soetoro (Obama).

“This election is going to be a referendum on the president's failed economic policies.”

Do you mean those very same policies that you rallied for Boehner (right alongside of Pelosi)?

“Americans are going to be voting this November based on who can get our economy moving, and Mitt Romney - with his experience as a private-sector job creator and a governor - is the best candidate to do just that.”

You mean as an overseas private-sector job creator? Sure, Mitt Romney will certainly get America’s economy moving, right-straight into the many thankful laps of foreign nations.

“This is an election about fixing the American economy, putting Americans back to work and putting the country back on track towards a brighter future,” he said. “It's an election about competence, particularly after three and a half years of incompetence and a total lack of leadership on the economy.”

Which is precisely why you should either be supporting or voting or writing-in Ron Paul for this 2012 President ballot.

John Boehner, you, sir a complete idiot.

jclay2
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Anyone else feel like all the big wigs are trying to abandon ship because of an impending obama victory? Kind of seems that way.