PDA

View Full Version : concerns about Ron Paul's health

Cigaboo
11-17-2007, 01:54 AM
We all know he has a good heart and is putting all his strength in this campaign. But I can't help but notice his age sometimes and the feebleness that accompanies it. I'm sure he's aware that a lot of people have pinned a lot of hope on him. When I see him smothered by crowds and rigorously presenting his ideas to the media, I can't help but wonder if the pressure and energy-consuming nature of what he's doing could get to him. I know it would get to me, and I'm just a fraction of his age. Then again, maybe I'm just a worrywort :P

BuddyRey
11-17-2007, 02:15 AM
It's good that you're concerned, but I don't think there's much reason to worry. Ron Paul is in phenomenal health. One of his aides joked on a radio show the other day that Ron Paul walks at a faster speed than he (a man more than half his age) runs. He walks alongside RP and soon gets exhausted from trying to keep up with his boundless energy and enthusiasm! :D

Cigaboo
11-17-2007, 02:31 AM
Haha, good to know.

Hope
11-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Yep, Buddy's right. I talked to Ron Paul's brother last week and he says Ron's doing great.

johngr
11-17-2007, 03:52 AM
I'd be more concerned about plane crashes à la Wellstone or Boggs or lone gunmen à la Huey Long or George Wallace.

BuddyRey
11-17-2007, 03:59 AM
I'd be more concerned about plane crashes à la Wellstone or Boggs or lone gunmen à la Huey Long or George Wallace.

Ditto. I had a moment of quiet internal dread today watching the movie "JFK", in the scene where D.A. Garrison is watching Robert Kennedy's California Primary victory and saying to his wife and kids "they won't let him become President. He'd end the war. They'll kill him." Please understand I'm not saying RP is in danger, and I'm not trying to sound like an alarmist, but the same people who killed JFK are in even higher ranks of power today than they were back then (never knew Arlen Specter came up with the Single Bullet Theory).

Having his his private circle of friends and bodyguards like he does is probably the best thing, even better than all the Secret Service protection out there.

susano
11-17-2007, 04:33 AM
I make it a habit to pray for RP's divine protection.

Don't worry about this health. Healthy looking people drop dead, and people who look rough can outlast everyone. That's life (and death) on planet earth. It's a crap shoot.

One thing about doctors - they have tremendous stamina. You have to to get through med school, internship and residency. They're a special breed that way.

Electric Church
11-17-2007, 04:33 AM
We all know he has a good heart and is putting all his strength in this campaign. But I can't help but notice his age sometimes and the feebleness that accompanies it. I'm sure he's aware that a lot of people have pinned a lot of hope on him. When I see him smothered by crowds and rigorously presenting his ideas to the media, I can't help but wonder if the pressure and energy-consuming nature of what he's doing could get to him. I know it would get to me, and I'm just a fraction of his age. Then again, maybe I'm just a worrywort :P

Listen buddy... Ron Paul will out pace ya, and after he out paces ya he'll kick your butt until ya start whimpering like a little puppy...

end of thread

Lyn
11-17-2007, 04:46 AM
All things considered there are a few candidates who I would be more concerned about healthwise. Some are obviously not in the same shape as our good Dr. Paul.

Side note, I'm an RN who works with a doctor about Ron Paul's age and you can hardly keep up with this guy. He still plays basketball weekly with guys less than half his age and he holds his own.

Lois
11-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Someone should tell Dr. Paul about the Raw Food Diet -- if he ate as much Raw as possible, he'd have tons more energy.

Mark
11-17-2007, 07:45 AM
I make it a habit to pray for RP's divine protection.

Don't worry about this health. Healthy looking people drop dead, and people who look rough can outlast everyone. That's life (and death) on planet earth. It's a crap shoot.

One thing about doctors - they have tremendous stamina. You have to to get through med school, internship and residency. They're a special breed that way.

Hey susano,
I saw your post and just wanted to invite you and everyone to
join in at the special time for prayer for Dr Paul on
Nov. 22, Thanksgiving day, at 9:00pm EST.

Web page link:

Feel The Power_PaulPrayer.com (http://paulprayer.com/)

This is just the first 'official time' for gathering together in spirit for prayer,
and other dates will be added later God willing.

I'm new at complicated web page creation, so the site is very basic for now,
however, I hope to add a way for everyone to indicate the days and hours
that they can take some time to pray for Dr Paul every week.

Someone here on the board came up with the idea,

( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35332 )

and we're trying to spread the word everywhere, so any help and prayers
are very much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Corydoras
11-19-2007, 12:56 AM
He walks three miles a day in the morning.
He goes for a bike ride every evening-- I seem to recall it's something amazing like ten miles, but I could be wrong on that, I just remember it's every evening.
The "feebleness" you are referring to is probably just that he's dog tired.

cindy25
11-19-2007, 01:40 AM
for the nomination age will not be a problem, but it could be in the general; so the running mate must be young. something like Ike did when picking Nixon.

kimosabi
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Someone should tell Dr. Paul about the Raw Food Diet -- if he ate as much Raw as possible, he'd have tons more energy.

You forgot Organic Raw Food and Juicing/Blending.

And if you add equal parts of Spirulina Blue-Green Algae, Chlorella Algae, Alfalfa grass, Barley grass, Wheat grass, Purple Dulse Seaweed, Beet root, Spinach leaf, Acerola Cherry, Rose hips, Orange and Lemon peels and non-active Saccharomyces cervisiae Nutritional Yeast he could fly to the moon and back and still do a lap around the block.

TechnoGuyRob
11-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Ok, Steve Pavlina. :p

pcosmar
11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
For anyone that followed him on a walk up hill to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island this would not even be a question.
He walks with a purpose, and left many younger people in the dust.

ThePieSwindler
11-19-2007, 09:52 AM

And if you add equal parts of Spirulina Blue-Green Algae, Chlorella Algae, Alfalfa grass, Barley grass, Wheat grass, Purple Dulse Seaweed, Beet root, Spinach leaf, Acerola Cherry, Rose hips, Orange and Lemon peels and non-active Saccharomyces cervisiae Nutritional Yeast he could fly to the moon and back and still do a lap around the block.

Then, of course, his manhood freezes up and falls off in discust.

Ozwest
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
If nobody else will say it, Ban this troll and kill this thread.

werdd
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
If nobody else will say it, Ban this troll and kill this thread.

QFT, Ron Paul is immortal! :O

goRPaul
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
I read somewhere that Ron Paul is vegan. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Kucinich is vegan as well.

I've met Ron Paul twice, and let me tell you, there is so much life in that man. He's not going away for a good long time.

steph3n
11-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I read somewhere that Ron Paul is vegan. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Kucinich is vegan as well.

I've met Ron Paul twice, and let me tell you, there is so much life in that man. He's not going away for a good long time.

i am pretty sure he's not since he told a story of trying to eat storebought pre-made cookies :D

literatim
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM

One should not be ingesting algae and seaweed as they contain B12 analogues which are harmful to the nervous system.

goRPaul
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
i am pretty sure he's not since he told a story of trying to eat storebought pre-made cookies :D

Lol, true. That's one of my favorite interviews. Carol knows how to do it! ;)

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
The freedom message is empowering!