PDA

View Full Version : Look how incredibly boring they want the RNC to be - we need to save it by nominating Ron

sailingaway
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
This is rumor. I highlight the only interesting rumor. Don't they see how much more rivitting this will be if they stop trying to cheat Ron out of delegates and let his name in nomination as it should be?:

The Race 4 2012 Rumor Mill – GOP Convention Edition
In our never ending quest to give our readers here at Race42012 “The buzz before the buzz”, I sat down with “The Eagle” to talk about the chatter our source has been hearing in regards to the GOP convention in Tampa this Summer. We also circled back to the GOP Veepstakes to make sure everything was still tracking in the same direction that “The Eagle” told us about a couple of weeks ago in the last edition of the Rumor Mill Veepstakes.
Here’s the transscript of our conversation:
Greg: I have been receiving some emails from you as of late in regards to the GOP Convention. I’m hoping you can just combined all the chatter you all have been hearing in the GOP conference rooms and just give us a good overall rundown.
The Eagle: Ok, well there is a consensus building on what we all think is going to happen and when it’s going to happen, but this is all , well, pretty much of a rough draft. If I had to surmise based upon what some stuff is being talked about, well, let’s just take the four days separately, will that work?
Greg: However you want to go about it, that is fine.
The Eagle: Ok, let’s start with Monday. I believe Rubio is going to be the Keynote Speaker. The man is going to be a huge part of the future of the GOP party. His speech on Monday night is going to be electric. What a way to start the GOP convention, I mean my goodness. I think we will see George P Bush introduce Jeb (Jeb Bush). George P Bush will talk about his outreach programs to the Hispanic community and stuff. George will then introduce his father Jeb. Jeb will then talk about the growing diversity in the GOP party and will end his speech with the introduction to Marco (Marco Rubio). Monday night will be diversity night at the Convention. It will be a play to the middle and to the Latino community. This might be the night as well, but earlier of course, where Rand (Rand Paul) will introduce his father, Ron Paul. This will need to happen at some point at the convention as a nod to the Libertarians and to Ron’s supporters. It just has to happen, but I’m not sure when.
Tuesday will be Women’s night. I do not think Ann (Ann Romney) will do her speech on Tuesday, but it could happen. As of now I’m thinking Ann will introduce Mitt (Mitt Romney) on Thursday night. But if they elect to have Mitt’s sons to do that, well, Ann’s speech will be Tuesday night. I think you will see a mix of current leaders in the GOP, such as Ayotte (Kelly Ayotte,) Rodgers (Cathy McMorris Rodgers) and Suzanne Martinez, along with Woman GOP candidates who are trying to be elected for the first time such as Mia Love & Deb Fischer do earlier speeches. Woman’s night will end with either Rice or Ann, doing a speech. Either way, you will see Rice at the end of the night and she will be the first to talk about Foreign Policy. But before all of that, or least in the middle of all of that, there will be on man speaking on Tuesday night, and it will be Governor Christie. Christie will not be given the Keynote speech and will not speak on the same night as Mitt or Mitt’s VP. Tuesday night is the spot for the Governor, and a good change of pace with what also will be happening come Tuesday night.
Wednesday will be the day to talk about the economy. Of course the economy will be the main issue throughout the Convention, and will be talked about every day. But Wednesday the economy will be wall to wall. Every speech will talk about the suffering of the American people in the last 4 years. Empathy will be on the stage. Mostly Governors will dominate Wednesday night. The night will start out with Scott Walker talking about his reforms, it will move to Kasich of Ohio. I believe Huckabee will be used on Wednesday night. And of course whomever comes in 2nd in the Veepstakes will speak early in the night, which is between Jindal and Pawlenty. The VP will speak last on Wednesday night and the speech will talk about broken promises of the Obama years and will contrast it to the success of Mitt Romney’s life.
Thursday will simply be about introducing the Human side of Mitt Romney to the American people. Again, of course this will have happened throughout the Convention’s 4 days, but it will be brought home on Thursday night. The night will be filled with stories of family life in the Romney household and will be supplemented by stories of Mitt’s generosity outside the family life. I do think the one speech outside of the family talk will be Paul Ryan’s. I think Paul Ryan gets his speech at this spot. The night and the convention will end with Ann or Mitt’s children introducing Mitt Romney. The Convention will finally finish with Mitt Romney’s huge family and the VP’s family up on stage.
This is how many people see the GOP Convention going down in Tampa. Rubio gets the Keynote speech. Christie and Rice dominate Tuesday night, Woman’s night. Wednesday will be the reformers, the Governors of the GOP. Jindal or Pawlenty finishes the night with the Vice Presidential acceptance speech. Thursday will be Mitt Romney’s night.
Greg: I was going to ask you if you have changed your mind on who you think is going to be Mitt Romney’s Vice Presidential selection, but it looks like you still believe it will be Tim Pawlenty with Jindal as the other potential pick.
The Eagle: Nothing has changed. Except maybe Jindal’s people are getting more involved. What I mean is that they’re spending time getting to know the people in Boston. I think it’s a great sign for Jindal becoming the selection. Honestly, the people who I have talked with, well let’s put it this way: If you ask Jindal’s people they will tell you they think it’s between Jindal and Pawlenty; if you ask Pawlenty’s people, they will tell you it’s between Jindal and Pawlenty. A whole lot of people would have to be reading this stuff wrong if it’s not between those two guys, you know what I mean? Now I think it’s still going to be Pawlenty because of where the battlefield is taking place. But Jindal is the option that Boston is looking at very closely. It’s going to be Governor & Governor. And these two are the guys, down to these two. The McDonnell thing never was. The Christie thing died 6 weeks ago. Portman died in its infancy. Thune was part of casting a net at the Hill. It’s going to be Pawlenty with Jindal as the option if needed for any reasons.
So Rubio is going to be the Keynote Speaker? Christie is going to share the stage on Tuesday night at the GOP Convention with the woman of the GOP? The chatter still leads to either Vice Presidential nominee Tim Pawlenty or Bobby Jindal. Is still a “Dark Horse” out there? Stay tuned to the Race42012 Rumor Mill.

http://race42012.com/

AJ Antimony
07-06-2012, 11:21 PM
This is the same GOP that doesn't understand that they gave the Democrats the Presidency, House, and a filibuster-proof Senate in only 2 years time.

The Goat
07-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Tim Pawlenty? If that isn't prof that the R want to lose nothing is.

WhistlinDave
07-07-2012, 01:59 AM
I forget, how many thousands of people keep coming out to hear this Pawlenty feller speak everywhere he goes? And that Romney feller? I think they could put together a photo with thousands of supporters if somebody does some of that fancy crowd cloning I keep hearing about with Photoshop. They can make 73 Romney fans look like thousands.

Tinnuhana
07-07-2012, 06:15 AM
And how many tax $$$ are going for this? This is a made-for-TV special, not a convention. RP delegates are the only "thing" making this whole charade relevant.

Carehn
07-07-2012, 06:34 AM
I forget, how many thousands of people keep coming out to hear this Pawlenty feller speak everywhere he goes? And that Romney feller? I think they could put together a photo with thousands of supporters if somebody does some of that fancy crowd cloning I keep hearing about with Photoshop. They can make 73 Romney fans look like thousands.

You know. A photoshop pic of just what you point out here would be funny as all hell. It should look good but people who look close enough should see its fake.... Just like Romney.

I hope one of us actually does this.

Working Poor
07-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Ron Paul's crowds are formed from people following him all around the country like the Grateful Dead fans it is the same people at every event :/

DeMintConservative
07-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Ron Paul's crowds are formed from people following him all around the country like the Grateful Dead fans it is the same people at every event :/

That's a great analogy.

And conventions are glorified infomercials made for TV. And don't worry about how many people will go to see Pawlenty. The room will be packed.

asurfaholic
07-07-2012, 08:53 AM

BULL SHIT.

Jeez where do we find these trolls?

sailingaway
07-07-2012, 09:18 AM

I hope you are not serious.

Maybe that is how it once was, years and years ago, and people may go see him twice if they are close to two events, but when I went and saw Ron with 7000 people, including some in trees who couldn't get in (my avatar), those were UCLA/ L.A. area people. we were standing next to students who had never voted before and were concerned whether they had registered properly. I didn't go anywhere else (well, the State convention in downtown L.A. to vote for Ron in the straw poll, but I didn't drive to Fullerton or Berkeley or Chico etc) and the average at those events were 5000 people.

KingRobbStark
07-07-2012, 09:37 AM

You might not be a troll, but that was a stupid post. Mainly because it's obviously wrong.

RonRules
07-07-2012, 10:29 AM
"Thursday will simply be about introducing the Human side of Mitt Romney to the American people."

:mad::p;):D:o:confused::rolleyes::eek::cool:

RonRules
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM

I went to three events: UCLA, Fullerton, San Diego.

This may make ME a groupie, but I did not recognize a single person from the previous events.

Monotaur
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Pawlenty or Jindal? Serisouly?

I will say this about Pawlenty. At least he called out RomneyCare as ObamneyCare (but didn't have the guts to say it to his face).

libertyjam
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
BULL SHIT.

Jeez where do we find these trolls?

Apparently you all do not remember just last summer when this was the operating line of the GOP and talking news heads. I'm sure that WP was just parodying that line, with a sense of humor, which seems to be needed.

Badger Paul
07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
"This is rumor. I highlight the only interesting rumor. Don't they see how much more rivitting this will be if they stop trying to cheat Ron out of delegates and let his name in nomination as it should be?"

If they really want decorum then the smart thing to do is to let Ron Paul have his moment, nominating him and then letting him speak. If not, they will have problems.

sailingaway
07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
"This is rumor. I highlight the only interesting rumor. Don't they see how much more rivitting this will be if they stop trying to cheat Ron out of delegates and let his name in nomination as it should be?"

If they really want decorum then the smart thing to do is to let Ron Paul have his moment, nominating him and then letting him speak. If not, they will have problems.

What? You mean they should FOLLOW THEIR OWN RULES?! You troublemaker, you.

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I actually didn't attend any of the ron paul rallies this election cycle.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I actually didn't attend any of the ron paul rallies this election cycle.

Yes but you were at an awesome convention in LA. :)

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes but you were at an awesome convention in LA. :)

yes, that was the most important event in this state.
i've seen ron in person over a dozen times. so when he came to the state, i let others go to see him.
i admit, i did try to see him in baton rouge, but the crowds were so big- i couldn't even get close to the venue.

asurfaholic
07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Apparently you all do not remember just last summer when this was the operating line of the GOP and talking news heads. I'm sure that WP was just parodying that line, with a sense of humor, which seems to be needed.

Man.. then i am sorry. Hard to tell who is serious sometimes...