PDA

View Full Version : FREEZE! FREEZE! FREEZE!

Anti Federalist
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey, Serfs!

Posted by Lew Rockwell on July 6, 2012 08:03 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/115168.html

Writes a friend:

The other day we (wife, children) were going through (false) security at the airport. We split up to go through the lines, such that our refusals and opt outs are not so concentrated.

My wife got through pretty quickly with our young daughters (no X-ray or strip search, we try to find the right lines) My son and I were stuck in a different line.

We heard a "freeze, freeze" or something like this coming from the output side of (false) security (where my wife was), followed by further barking of commands. From where I was, I couldn't see much.

It turns out they were doing a new drill. They want all passengers to freeze on command. My wife told me later that she didn't follow this order fast enough, so the subsequent barks I heard were directed at her.

She took it up with one of the "employees" who was completely useless. Then a supervisor. My wife told her she isn't accumstomed to being ordered around this way and wonders why our government feels it is appropriate. Then came the blank stare in reply.

My wife wanted to make a point of this as she didn't feel our daughters should witness such behavior and think it acceptable.

I think back to when I was a child, playing and wrestling in the back of the station wagon on long trips - no seatbelts or child seats. Now we get yelled at in the airport.

I don't feel safer....

phill4paul
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
In a nutshell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyX2lvRPqIA

Indy Vidual
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
His daughters will learn to obey. Then the TV will teach them about "freedom."

ronpaulfollower999
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I'll be sure to remember this next time I'm at an airport (which is very rare), and when they yell "Freeze" I'll start clapping my hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6pJ4AEOoI#t=2m16s). ;)

But you got to love the conditioning they have today. Insane, but not surprising.

Dr.3D
07-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I would ask about the air conditioning and if there is a problem with it.

lx43
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Someone should yell FU, FU, FU, every time they yell freeze.

r3volution
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
just do this and tell them you are VIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

because anything less than the best is a felony . actually everything is , never mind .

The Goat
07-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm glad I never have to fly.

QuickZ06
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
But did they ever tell them to un-freeze? Rules are rules.

QuickZ06
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM

I agree, But I am surprised no one has done this yet. I mean they are practically molesting our children in these searches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Y5-BZLaM

Weston White
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I would suggest just yelling back at them where is MUGATU, WHERE IS, HE AT? MUGATU!!! MUGATU!!! [Repeat...]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5ai6S4NG3SE/TSd8P4a9gcI/AAAAAAAACYs/ESbAVP15EB4/s400/zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

tod evans
07-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Some semi-literate sloth in a uniform barking orders..........

I graduated boot-camp in the '70's and I didn't tolerate that behavior then.. (Many nights spent in the MTU unit doing calisthenics with an M-14 long after my fellow recruits were in bed. :o )

Like most people I respond well to requests that are predicated with "Would you please".

I'm much older now and have less patience for idiocy and rudeness.

Hope I don't need to fly anywhere, it might not end well for me. :eek:

jonhowe
07-07-2012, 08:25 AM
One thing: You really should wear your seatbelt. Not because the government tells you to, but so you don't die.

Yieu
07-07-2012, 08:27 AM

I graduated boot-camp in the '70's and I didn't tolerate that behavior then.. (Many nights spent in the MTU unit doing calisthenics with an M-14 long after my fellow recruits were in bed. :o )

Like most people I respond well to requests that are predicated with "Would you please".

Good post. I didn't join the army, or any other organization that claims authority to order people around, so I am under no obligation to follow anyone's "orders".

If I follow such requests, it is only because I am deathly afraid of getting shot for merely challenging their "authority" to order me around as if someone owns me.

I get the feeling that at this point, any non-violent response other than compliance and submission may be all it takes to get lead in the chest depending on how much it hurts someone's ego.

Many of us might get shot just for exercising our rights, such as the right not to be ordered around by anyone else.

Yieu
07-07-2012, 08:27 AM
One thing: You really should wear your seatbelt. Not because the government tells you to, but so you don't die.

Southpark TSA episode reference?

Anti Federalist
07-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Have no fear citizen, TSA is expanding its reach every day, to roads, buses, mass transit and large gatherings.

You will get subjected to this before too much longer.

JK/SEA
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
''Hey motherfucker!...you didn't say SIMON SEZ!...''

GunnyFreedom
07-07-2012, 01:12 PM

Hell in Parris Island we got nicer treatment, the "freeze recruit freeze" command was predicated by a countdown!

GunnyFreedom
07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Good post. I didn't join the army, or any other organization that claims authority to order people around, so I am under no obligation to follow anyone's "orders".

If I follow such requests, it is only because I am deathly afraid of getting shot for merely challenging their "authority" to order me around as if someone owns me.

I get the feeling that at this point, any non-violent response other than compliance and submission may be all it takes to get lead in the chest depending on how much it hurts someone's ego.

Many of us might get shot just for exercising our rights, such as the right not to be ordered around by anyone else.

Well, believe it or not military organizations that may well see ground combat have a legitimate reason for this. If I'm on patrol and I see a squadmember walk into a tripwire I could yell "FREEZE" and everyone would, could save as many as 13 members of a whole squad if we are bunched together. I don't see any such legitimacy for the TSA doing this, however. It's just a power thing.

RickyJ
07-07-2012, 01:18 PM

I agree, I don't like anyone demanding anything from me, asking is different, but demands I do not like. I would never make it in the military, I am not one to follow orders without question.

aGameOfThrones
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Instead of FREEZE, FREEZE, the TSA should say, 1,2,3 RED light.

Yieu
07-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, believe it or not military organizations that may well see ground combat have a legitimate reason for this. If I'm on patrol and I see a squadmember walk into a tripwire I could yell "FREEZE" and everyone would, could save as many as 13 members of a whole squad if we are bunched together. I don't see any such legitimacy for the TSA doing this, however. It's just a power thing.

I've heard that argument before, and it may have some merit to some degree in some circumstances. However, order-following happens quite a bit more often than what I would consider such circumstances, for myself to act at least. I have a problem with people ordering me to do anything or raising their voice at me as if they have some sort of claim of authority over me, but that is just me, and it is why I would not make it in a military organization. I would have a problem first of all with that they think they can order me around, and secondly if the orders are to do harm to anyone, I would have a problem with that. I take issue with being yelled at (such as is done at boot camp), it is not polite.

That's all just personal preference though. If someone volunteers to be ordered in order to take the career they prefer, that is their right to do so and there is nothing wrong with that. We all have free will, but it is also ours to give away if we find more value in something else. That is kind of like how we have time, but time is also ours to give away if we feel the reward or compensation would be greater by giving that time to someone else.

I think the scenario you laid out regarding the tripwire is a great example of a circumstance this would be good in, however I view that more as team work than as an order. Although I would take issue with being "trained" to freeze, especially if it was done angrily or with yelling. Mainly, I don't want anyone to tell me what to do, because I feel the only ones who can hold legitimate authority over me are the Lord and His representatives.

There is certainly a need for ksatriyas (warriors), people whose ambition and purpose is to protect others. In fact, the Bhagavad Gita is written about Arjuna, a ksatriya who was faltering before a battle. Imagine, as much as I object to others controlling me, I do think it is good that when Krishna finally convinced Arjuna to fight, he fought and took orders.

BG Chapter 4, Verse 42: "Therefore the doubts which have arisen in your heart out of ignorance should be slashed by the weapon of knowledge. Armed with yoga, O Bharata, stand and fight."

Part of the Gita is explaining to perform your prescribed duties (varnasrama-dharma) based on one's constitutional position, whether that be brahmana (priest), ksatriya (warrior), vaishya (merchant/farmer/business owner), or sudra (laborer), but not to try performing some other duty that is not meant for you as it will not work out, and to perform the duties without attachment to the result.

Anyway, my point is that it is some people's natural position or inclination to subject themselves to the rules of military life, and they should do so, but for those whose position it is not, they should not try to as it would be folly on all ends. ... That turned out longer than I thought it would.

coastie
07-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Haven't flown since '04, and rented a car to go anywhere else the CG needed me to go while I was in.

Although a little younger than you, I also have less than zero tolerance for people who presume to be "over" me in any way. I don't presume I'm "over" anyone else(exception of my kids till they move out;)), so do not presume you are over me.

I agree, a brush with those assholes would not end well for both myself and at least the first couple of agents.;)

Occam's Banana
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Here's the latest Pavloviana from our blueshirt sheepherders (h/t Chris Rossini via EPJ) ...

FTA: Security Theater Marches On With TSA "Freeze Drills" (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/09/security-theater-marches-on-with-tsa.html)

At Phoenix, Arizona's airport, WITHIN the "secured" area of the gates, I suddenly found myself in a bunch of travelers who were being sharply told to "STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE! DON'T MOVE!". A TSA employee was pointing his blue-gloved hand at anyone who moved a muscle (including airport workers) and barking these orders. Beyond him were two other agents doing the same thing to everyone in a 90-degree radius. The tension was rather palpable, as you might imagine. No explanation was given, no other words were spoken. No one moved a muscle. Parents grabbed their children. Anyone who fidgeted or made a step forward got yelled at.

Two minutes or so later, Mr. Gloved Hand brusquely waved everyone about their business (as seen in the tape). I only managed to capture the final 30 seconds or so of the incident.

After this, I walked into the terminal intersection they had cut off, expecting to see someone in handcuffs, face down on the carpet with a bunch of cops on him. Or at least ONE single police officer or security guard... but there were none. There was NO incident happening, whatsoever. And everyone went onwards to their gates.

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Yep, it's a bureaucratic power thing. Practice is not required. When someone yells "freeze", "stop" or "watch out", people know what to do based on instinct. No conditioning required.