PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz Angering the Republican Establishment in Texas

AuH20
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Between this and his confrontation with a local "conservative" radio host, I think this guy just earned a donation from me. It looks like his challenger Mr. TSA is in big trouble based on the recent polling.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-congressional-election/cruz-and-dewhurst-surrogate-exchange-words-after-f/

AuH20
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I just sent him $75 dollars on the account I hate RINO SCUM like Dewhurst and I love the fact he's not backing down with the rhetoric.

After his speech and question-answer period, Cruz did not rush off. Instead, he greeted voters and posed for pictures.

"I'll be here until the cows come home," Cruz said. "I am here for one single reason: To thank you. This election will be won by conservatives. It is the dead of summer. It is hot out. Everyone is on vacation. We are in the run-off. If conservatives show up, we win. Run-offs are won by grass-roots conservatives. If you agree that it is important that the next senator from Texas be a fighter and a conservative, then we need everyone here to get out our message, and bring 10 friends out to vote. The senate is the battlefield."

Cruz fielded a tea party question about the United Nations' Agenda 21 (www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21), calling it a war on U.S. sovereignty.

"You can count on me to be one of the leading defenders of U.S. sovereignty and the U.N. with every breathe of my body," Cruz said.

One of the questions from tea party dealt with population control.

"What this fight is all about is not health care," Cruz said. "It is about liberty and tyranny. You have a bunch of nanny state, good government nimrods who want to run our lives. They promise hope and change, and in every instance their good intentions have led to shared suffering and misery."

Hilarious!! Who talks like this anymore?? LOVE IT!!!

Pericles
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Cruz all the way!

trey4sports
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM
yeeee haw!

Pre-emptive war with Iran!

GO CRUZ!

in all seriousness i guess he's better than the alternative, but i'm not going to get excited.

Sola_Fide
07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
yeeee haw!

GO CRUZ!

Okay, I did laugh at that...

AuH20
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
yeeee haw!

GO CRUZ!

in all seriousness i guess he's better than the alternative, but i'm not going to get excited.

For single issue voters obsessed with Iran, he's probably not the ideal choice.

GunnyFreedom
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I just sent him $75 dollars on the account I hate RINO SCUM like Dewhurst and I love the fact he's not backing down with the rhetoric.

Hilarious!! Who talks like this anymore?? LOVE IT!!!

Umm. :)

Feeding the Abscess
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Mark Levin wrote a god damn book called "Liberty and Tyranny," Cruz gets negative points for parroting that retard. Allen West is talking about statism... wake me up when these idiots call for cutting the defense budget. If these are the boobs you're lining up behind, enjoy your chains.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
For single issue voters obsessed with Iran, he's probably not the ideal choice.

You make it sound as if it's miniscule. I'll pass on settling for mediocrity.

AuH20
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM

It is miniscule when there are numerous issues more important. The Federal Reserve as well as other constitutional issues dwarf hypothetical action into Iran. And it's not like Cruz is a neocon hellbent on destroying Iran. Those are the reasons why both Ron and Rand Paul endorsed him. They are not blinded by nonsense. If you want to keep Iran safe, you rein in the Federal Reserve.

rp08orbust
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
"You can count on me to be one of the leading defenders of U.S. sovereignty and the U.N. with every breathe of my body," Cruz said.

Is this a typo, or did he mean to say "enemies of" the U.N.?

trey4sports
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
just bad English i suppose.

AuH20
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Cruz all the way!

Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80b4EfFGks

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Mark Levin wrote a god damn book called "Liberty and Tyranny," Cruz gets negative points for parroting that retard. Allen West is talking about statism... wake me up when these idiots call for cutting the defense budget. If these are the boobs you're lining up behind, enjoy your chains.

There are other candidates you might want to support. There must be a list or two somewhere... ;)

Koz
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM

indeed

kathy88
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Cruz didn't return RPs endorsement. Hes using our talking points to get in. Don't trust him.

kathy88
07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Cruz didn't return RPs endorsement. Hes using our talking points to get in. Don't trust him.Meant I don't trust him. Certainly not telling you good folks what to do.

AuH20
07-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Cruz didn't return RPs endorsement. Hes using our talking points to get in. Don't trust him.

Well, the Austin RP coordinator was hellbent on twisting Cruz for a RP endorsement when it was completely over the line and unnecessary. It even got so bad the that honorable Sheriff Mack had to jump in to defend Cruz (see 1:50 mark) from the impromptu interrogation.

I simply don't understand some of these Ron Paul people who are so destructive and myopic in their view. Seriously. Then people act surprised when the Ron Paul movement gets unfairly labeled as pushy, uncouth, maniacal, etc. Jesus Christ!!! Let him get elected first and then bust his balls on his voting record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsU2kkMoLrc

LibertyEagle
07-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Both Ron and Rand endorsed Cruz.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2012, 06:40 PM

He worded this like he defends the UN. :confused:

And yes, the "liberty and tyranny" came from Levin, who also endorsed him.

kathy88
07-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Well, the Austin RP coordinator was hellbent on twisting Cruz for a RP endorsement when it was completely over the line and unnecessary. It even got so bad the that honorable Sheriff Mack had to jump in to defend Cruz (see 1:50 mark) from the impromptu interrogation.

I simply don't understand some of these Ron Paul people who are so destructive and myopic in their view. Seriously. Then people act surprised when the Ron Paul movement gets unfairly labeled as pushy, uncouth, maniacal, etc. Jesus Christ!!! Let him get elected first and then bust his balls on his voting record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsU2kkMoLrcOh bullshit. He's running on a platform which is virtually a carbon copy of Ron's. Ron and Rand (thanks, LE I had forgotten) both endorsed and didn't return the favor? Why? Because he's a typical tea party infiltrator. Hell spout liberty liberty liberty until he's elected then BAM vote like a GOP regular. Too chicken shit to mention Ron. Fuck him.

AuH20
07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh bullshit. He's running on a platform which is virtually a carbon copy of Ron's. Ron and Rand (thanks, LE I had forgotten) both endorsed and didn't return the favor? Why? Because he's a typical tea party infiltrator. Hell spout liberty liberty liberty until he's elected then BAM vote like a GOP regular. Too chicken shit to mention Ron. Fuck him.

Nah. He's smart as hell not to tie himself to anyone, so he can cruise to the Senate seat. He's stays above the fray. I don't need some ridiculous purity Inquisition for me to be sold on Cruz. I just want him to vote with Rand a majority of the time which he will do. Secondly, that RP supporter William J. Brown even admitted afterwards in a youtube video that he intentionally interrogated Cruz for Glenn Addison's political benefit. Despite all that, Brown concluded that all Texans should vote for Cruz in the runoff.

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Endorsing Ron would hurt his chances. It would probably guarantee a loss. We can't let ideals cloud our judgement on reality.

kathy88
07-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Endorsing Ron would hurt his chances. It would probably guarantee a loss. We can't let ideals cloud our judgement on reality.So why isn't Cruz in your signature list?

roho76
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
It is miniscule when there are numerous issues more important. The Federal Reserve as well as other constitutional issues dwarf hypothetical action into Iran. And it's not like Cruz is a neocon hellbent on destroying Iran. Those are the reasons why both Ron and Rand Paul endorsed him. They are not blinded by nonsense. If you want to keep Iran safe, you rein in the Federal Reserve.

I would have to wonder about a person who could see the danger in the Federal Reserve but not see the danger in our foreign policy. Doesn't he realize he can't have the foreign policy without the Fed? Hmmm....

MikeStanart
07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I would have to wonder about a person who could see the danger in the Federal Reserve but not see the danger in our foreign policy. Doesn't he realize he can't have the foreign policy without the Fed? Hmmm....

Lets not jump the gun on Cruz. I'm not saying he's anti-war or pro-war; but has anyone stopped to think that running as an Anti-War Republican in TEXAS, maybe isn't the brightest idea?

Brett85
07-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Cruz seems to be another Demint type. While that's much better than the average Republican in the Senate, I certainly don't expect him to be as good as Rand.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Lets not jump the gun on Cruz. I'm not saying he's anti-war or pro-war; but has anyone stopped to think that running as an Anti-War Republican in TEXAS, maybe isn't the brightest idea?

And where is Ron Paul's congressional seat located?

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2012, 12:36 AM
So why isn't Cruz in your signature list?

I would certainly vote for him in that race.

And I would add that all I did was take the 5 Star candidates with a chance of winning from the bigger list to highlight them. Ted is on the bigger list, and he has a great chance of winning.

LibertyEagle
07-07-2012, 01:09 AM
And where is Ron Paul's congressional seat located?
Cruz is running for Senate, which means the entire state. RP's little congressional district is only a very small slice of Texas and to my understanding he gave birth to a pretty significant number of them. lol

Sola_Fide
07-07-2012, 01:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsU2kkMoLrc

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that was a troll trying to destroy both Ron and Cruz. Ron Paul supporters are embarrassingly politically naive sometimes. And then they reinforce their embarrassing actions by even getting more self-righteously stupid about it like this gentleman did.

Things like this reinforce my belief that underneath it all, many Ron Paul supporters see winning itself as a compromise to be avoided.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Cruz is running for Senate, which means the entire state. RP's little congressional district is only a very small slice of Texas and to my understanding he gave birth to a pretty significant number of them. lol

True, but if I'm not mistaken Paul was polling first for the open senate seat last year before he entered the presidential race.

IndianaPolitico
07-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Back quite a while ago, Carl Wimmer was supposed to be the shoe in for a congressional nomination in Utah. He endorsed Ron Paul, he lost at the convention. I know that Jack Hunter said that the campaign was upset that Wimmer had lost, and didn't want candidates who were in a good race, in a Romney, or neo-con state to endorse Ron at that point. And candidates for office almost NEVER endorse while they are running.

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Back quite a while ago, Carl Wimmer was supposed to be the shoe in for a congressional nomination in Utah. He endorsed Ron Paul, he lost at the convention. I know that Jack Hunter said that the campaign was upset that Wimmer had lost, and didn't want candidates who were in a good race, in a Romney, or neo-con state to endorse Ron at that point. And candidates for office almost NEVER endorse while they are running.
Another great point!

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 08:21 AM
If I didn't know any better, I'd think that was a troll trying to destroy both Ron and Cruz. Ron Paul supporters are embarrassingly politically naive sometimes. And then they reinforce their embarrassing actions by even getting more self-righteously stupid about it like this gentleman did.

Things like this reinforce my belief that underneath it all, many Ron Paul supporters see winning itself as a compromise to be avoided.
Well stated. For decades Libertarians and others have been cutting off their nose to spite their face; holding out for some messiah of human perfection to save them and then unfairly comparing perspective candidates to this imaginary manifestation only to reject them outright. That is why this Liberty rating system is so vitally important. It does away with this false notion of human perfection and allows us to rank each candidate according to their Liberty merits. Not every candidate will be Ron Paul reincarnated and that is ok. The Liberty effort is much like the war effort. When in war the auxiliaries in the rear making munitions, caring for the wounded, transporting supplies, and even cooking meals for the troops are just has instrumental in victory as the guys fighting on the front lines. Consider the less-than-perfect candidates auxiliaries in this war; allies to people like Thomas Massie and Justin Amash, who will be fighting on the front for all of us.

Ted Cruz (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Green Purity indicates endorsement by Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
I cannot value the rating system, unless I can view the criteria that are being used. All of it needs to be transparent.

Athan
07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
We don't trust him either, but we are trying to buck the child-molesting TSA supporter dewhurst.

AuH20
07-09-2012, 09:13 AM

Read the youtube comments as well. Talk about lemmings intoxicated by their own false sense of importance. I think for every 3 solid supporters we draw in, we trade off for the outright kook who exhibits no tactfulness or sense of strategy. Seemingly every action is predicated on voicing your personal displeasure in the most irritating and obnoxious manner. There is a time and a place for scorched earth tactics but these aren't those times just yet.

Bastiat's The Law
07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Read the youtube comments as well. Talk about lemmings intoxicated by their own false sense of importance. I think for every 3 solid supporters we draw in, we trade off for the outright kook who exhibits no tactfulness or sense of strategy. Seemingly every action is predicated on voicing your personal displeasure in the most irritating and obnoxious manner. There is a time and a place for scorched earth tactics but these aren't those times just yet.
If anything Paul supporters should feel vindicated. Romney is losing ground to Obama, and it's very likely he'll be crushed in the general election. This opens the door to us in 2016 with Rand and the republican party will be in further disarray, they will be looking for guidance and leadership, they will give ear to what the Pauls are selling; namely liberty.

I might even break out my lyre ala Emperor Nero and applaud the disastrous reelection of Obama.

GeorgiaAvenger
07-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Cruz seems to be another Demint type. While that's much better than the average Republican in the Senate, I certainly don't expect him to be as good as Rand.

I'd rate him better than DeMint. Cruz gets a lot of liberty issues better than Jim.

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I cannot value the rating system, unless I can view the criteria that are being used. All of it needs to be transparent.

You would have to ask Ron how he determines his endorsements.

As far as "our" simple rating system, it's pretty informal. If someone in the thread points out an area of disagreement with Ron, we deduct a star. It's tougher on incumbents, because if they vote "against Ron" on an important issue, they can get a star deducted for that.

We could break it down into multiple issues, and rate them on each of those. Then you could create an overall rating from that. But who is going to do that? There isn't a whole lot of participation in the thread as it is, and additionally, libertycandidates.com is already serving that function by giving candidates a more detailed survey to fill out. And there is always the caveat that before voting or donating, a person needs to look into the candidate themselves.

Pericles
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
We don't trust him either, but we are trying to buck the child-molesting TSA supporter dewhurst.

What he ^ said. It is about forcing the whole pile in our direction. The R candidate is most likely to win the seat, so the less desirable of the R candidates gets the boot.

AuH20
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
every Texas state Senator who signed that letter backing Dewhurst needs to go. They made it real easy to see where their allegiances have been:

http://www.khou.com/news/Cruz-pens-own-letter-after-Texas-GOP-senators-defend-Dewhurst-161922585.html

The letter then defends Dewhurst and GOP Senate action last year regarding bills on sanctuary cities, TSA anti-groping, state income tax and state spending.

Cruz has accused Dewhurst of supporting a state income or payroll tax, not being forcefully behind the sanctuary cities and TSA bills and allowing state spending to increase while Dewhurst has led the Senate since 2003. Dewhurst has denied the charges saying his record shows he's the most fiscally and socially conservative lieutenant governor in state history.

The Senate eventually passed the TSA and sanctuary cities bills in last year's special session although they died in the House.

Cruz, in his letter, accused Dewhurst of skipping numerous debates and forums where he could defend his record and then laid out more attacks. Cruz wrote, " It is a fact that under your leadership, the sanctuary cities bill did not pass into law. It is a fact that under your leadership, the TSA groping bill did not pass into law and according to at least one Senator, you personally solicited the help of a Democrat Senator to kill the TSA bill. It is a fact that under your leadership, you led the effort to increase spending and the overall state budget grew $72 billion – from $116 billion in 2003-2004 to $188 billion 2010-2011."

Along with Perry's endorsement, the Senate caucus letter is another forceful sign that the Republican establishment is lining up firmly behind Dewhurst. But, it can also be viewed that the Cruz attacks are drawing blood necessitating a firm push back after Cruz made a strong finish in the days leading up to the May 31 primary finishing behind Dewhurst 45-34%. Polls have shown Cruz enjoys stronger tea party voter support than Dewhurst and that these voters are more energetic about turning out for Cruz for the runoff.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Is there a list of the people who signed it?

AuH20
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Is there a list of the people who signed it?

All but one signed it. It's basically a criminal racket that is loyal to Dewhurst.

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2012/07/texas-senate-republicans-step-into-cruz-dewhurst-fight/

The letter with the various signatures:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/99578674/7-08-12-TXSSGOP-Open-Letter-to-Texans

What's really funny is that one of the state senators Dan Patrick is supposedly a Tea Party leader. The guy is pathetic. A week ago, Cruz went on his radio show and they got into it. Typical Phony Conservative in Texas. I hope Cruz destroys them on June 31st. Perry will be hurt by this as well if his "boy" gets taken out to the proverbial woodshed.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-elections/ricks-perry-senate-race/

Working Poor
07-14-2012, 06:07 AM
The thing is we don't matter to the politicians they want to ignore us in hopes we will go away. We all know this. We are powerless to change this big government addict. I have heard Ron Paul using the 12 step principals in talking about this. Minding out own business and taking out own inventory are 12 step principals. This government acts just like a full blown addict controlling and ripping off people and other countries in every way possible all while trying to make you think you are doing the very best thing for all concerned. We know the government is out of control. I say let it fall like all addicts do.

I believe it is possible that if we could hold a 12 step group for the government and apply it to the co-dependency aspect of addiction the co-dependent being the people. Us Ron Paul people could start working the steps and probably be getting well and heal and thru our healing help top heal the people. The whole world needs a 12 step program. I think we are addicted to trying to change the government the addict cannot be changed only we can change our selves.

We need to let go and watch what happens when nothing is pushing against it by pushing against the government we keep it propped up.. We need to truly develop our spirits on this. I have dealt with many addicts in my life. The only way they fall is if we get out of the way. If we want this system to keep going we keep propping it up if we want it to keep sucking us dry we keep whining about what it does to everyone who will listen. That is just my experience. I know many of you here will disagree.

AuH20
07-15-2012, 10:53 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/carney-senate-runoff-in-texas-k-street-vs.-the-tea-party/article/2502235

the usual suspects are lining up behind Dewhurst. You can tell a lot about the race by purely examining where the money is coming from:

This crossfire about donors tells us something about the conservative base today. Attacking one’s opponent as being too close to Washington is a fine tradition in American politics, but attacking an opponent as too close to business and K Street is fairly new in the Republican world. Cruz is doing just that.

“Everyone who makes their living from continuing the government spending gravy train is supporting Dewhurst,” Cruz told me in a phone call.

Sure enough, Dewhurst’s donors include plenty of corporations whose lobbying agendas clash with today’s conservative agenda of free markets and lower spending.

The American Hospital Association has been the most consistent booster of Obamacare. The lobby group even filed a brief with the Supreme Court arguing on the administration’s behalf regarding the individual mandate. AHA’s PAC gave $5,000 to Dewhurst. Other Obamacare backers whose PACs have funded Dewhurst this election include the American Medical Association, Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.

Dewhurst’s donor rolls also include bailout beneficiaries like the Mortgage Bankers Association and the National Association of Realtors. These groups might be whom Cruz was describing when he called some Dewhurst supporters “special-interest lobbyists who suckle on government.”

Even the energy companies backing Dewhurst aren’t exactly free-market cowboys. Chesapeake Energy Corp.’s PAC has given Dewhurst the maximum $10,000, while the company’s CEO, Aubrey McClendon, has personally given Dewhurst $5,000.

McClendon and Chesapeake, the nation’s No. 2 natural gas producer, spent $26 million in recent years funding the Sierra Club’s campaign against coal, which is the largest rival of natural gas in electricity generation. Chesapeake also contributed to the American Lung Association’s campaign for stricter regulations on coal-fired power plants.

In Texas, Chesapeake stood to benefit from government intervention in the energy sector — intervention Dewhurst supported. Dewhurst in 2011 pushed an energy bill, SB 15, criticized by the free-market Texas Public Policy Foundation, which likened it to a Colorado bill “evidently intended to increase demand for now-plentiful natural gas by suppressing demand for coal.”

AuH20
07-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Cruz just vanquished Dewhurst per the AP.