PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Arizona Bill

alucard13mmfmj
07-06-2012, 02:50 AM
hxxp://news.yahoo.com/california-senate-passes-anti-arizona-immigration-bill-021741528.html

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - The California Senate passed a bill on Thursday that seeks to shield illegal immigrants from status checks by local police and challenges Republican-backed immigration crackdowns in Arizona and other U.S. states.

----

I am ashamed to be a California. This is the type of activity and typical democrat thinking that turn me from independent/democrat to a republican/ronpaul person.

"The Democrat-led state Senate voted 21 to 13 to approve the California Trust Act, dubbed by supporters as the "anti-Arizona" bill. It blocks local police from referring a detainee to immigration officials for deportation unless that person has been convicted of a violent or serious felony."

So if a person was caught in a misdemeanor, police cant check for citizenship? Only check if CONVICTED for a felony? I am not too sure of the accuracy of the article... but man :(..

nobody's_hero
07-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Well, each state will probably develop its own approach to immigration, given the lack of interest on the issue in Washington, D.C.

I can't really see how this should make anyone ashamed, or how some people have dubbed it, "anti-Arizona", lol. I mean, I'd be willing to bet that Arizona doesn't actually care if immigrants pour over into California's borders. In fact, that's kind of the idea.

Immigrants will go where they feel welcomed and shy away from states that deport them.

Origanalist
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
It's good to see States taking on different characteristics. Are you just now starting to have these feelings about your State? :confused:

Acala
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
As an Arizonan I am absolutely mortified that my state is not MORE like California. Perhaps this humiliating scolding at the hands of the wise leadership in California will cause this state to do the right thing and try to be more like California in all things. Then we can enjoy the freedom, prosperity, and harmony that the people of the Golden State enjoy.

erowe1
07-06-2012, 10:01 AM
hxxp://news.yahoo.com/california-senate-passes-anti-arizona-immigration-bill-021741528.html

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - The California Senate passed a bill on Thursday that seeks to shield illegal immigrants from status checks by local police and challenges Republican-backed immigration crackdowns in Arizona and other U.S. states.

----

I am ashamed to be a California. This is the type of activity and typical democrat thinking that turn me from independent/democrat to a republican/ronpaul person.

"The Democrat-led state Senate voted 21 to 13 to approve the California Trust Act, dubbed by supporters as the "anti-Arizona" bill. It blocks local police from referring a detainee to immigration officials for deportation unless that person has been convicted of a violent or serious felony."

So if a person was caught in a misdemeanor, police cant check for citizenship? Only check if CONVICTED for a felony? I am not too sure of the accuracy of the article... but man :(..

Why are you against this? I thought that states nullifying unjust federal laws was supposed to be popular around here.

Reason
07-06-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRmS7q9DlM