PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Penn OWN Hannity, accidentally

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
On Hannity right now...

Of course, Hannity said some shit like "You're the rare libertarian who doesn't want to legalize drugs so you can use them." :rolleyes:

I say "accidentally" because I'm in a hotel room and fox news was the default channel, just on for background noise. Not sure if there is a second segment or not, but it is on right now.

video update:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1722742953001/

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Penn was also making the point that the Executive has too much power and should not be waging undeclared wars... where Hannity, of course, acted like it was needed anyway. No more Penn. And they had under his name "actor and comedian" = "don't listen to this guy." Under Hannity, they did not have "shill."

Man, I hate that shit.

Elwar
07-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, I recall Hannity talking about personal responsibility when the news of illegal soda came up.

He danced around personal responsibility for marijuana.

COpatriot
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Hannity in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJjdQ3AEGU

Guy is a complete dumbass.

jct74
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
video here:

Penn did very good.

bubbleboy
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll waist my "O vote" .... Penn
That's great.

The NLP is flawless with Hannity.

Bruno
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Hannity can only win a debate if you let him interrupt you.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Someone should appear on his show with a bullhorn.

Tinnuhana
07-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone know hwere we can find a guy with a bullhorn? :D

The Goat
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Go wast your half vote?

I would have said, no your going to waste your vote on someone you don't really believe in, your just trying to convince yourself that you do.

Henry Rogue
07-06-2012, 10:26 AM
That was great. loved it. hannity's views are a contradiction.

KingRobbStark
07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I hate Hannity. I really do. If I had the opportunity I would fart on his face.

juleswin
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
All mighty Penn agrees he is the exception to the rule for libertarians because am sure he believe the majority of libertarians smoke weed. What a pompous ass, ever time I listen to one of these so called mainstream libertarians, they always tend to say something really stupid that pisses me off. Stossel and Penn G especially

tfurrh
07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Screw hannity....exception to libertarianism? Have you ever noticed that, on a whole, we probably have the HEALTHIEST people in our movement? Just take the GOP candidates: Gary Johnson mountain climbs, bikes, and marathons; Ron Paul exercises/bikes daily.

dannno
07-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Anyone know hwere we can find a guy with a bullhorn? :D

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071130154712/uncyclopedia/images/4/41/George_bush_scratching_his_head.jpg

KingRobbStark
07-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Screw hannity....exception to libertarianism? Have you ever noticed that, on a whole, we probably have the HEALTHIEST people in our movement? Just take the GOP candidates: Gary Johnson mountain climbs, bikes, and marathons; Ron Paul exercises/bikes daily.

And plays baseball.

georgiaboy
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Watched it. I expected a more substantive dressing down by Penn of Sean.

He let Sean off too easy when Sean listed all the things Romney has said he would do. Romney's such a known flip-flopper, has aggressive foreign policy, the Ryan plan only reduces the rate of increase, etc. For Sean to try and draw a stark contrast between Obama and Romney is a JOKE! and Sean knows it.

Also, regarding Sean's " Penn is the exception to the rule" regarding Libertarians, that stereotype has to be challenged. I wanna see stats that show that Libertarians statistically smoke, drink, do drugs, etc., moreso than their Republican and Democrat counterparts. I seriously doubt the correlation.

fisharmor
07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
All mighty Penn agrees he is the exception to the rule for libertarians because am sure he believe the majority of libertarians smoke weed. What a pompous ass, ever time I listen to one of these so called mainstream libertarians, they always tend to say something really stupid that pisses me off. Stossel and Penn G especially

I know quite a few fair weather libertarians on this account. A good friend of mine was really gung-ho libertarian, until she had a son with Autism. Now she's all about socialized medicine and freebies.

Libertarians aren't immune from fighting just to get stuff that they want. At least Penn introduced the concept of objective right and wrong in this clip, which is something I don't remember Hannity ever discussing.

Watched it. I expected a more substantive dressing down by Penn of Sean.

He let Sean off too easy when Sean listed all the things Romney has said he would do. Romney's such a known flip-flopper, has aggressive foreign policy, the Ryan plan only reduces the rate of increase, etc. For Sean to try and draw a stark contrast between Obama and Romney is a JOKE! and Sean knows it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Penn should have gone for the throat over this. If people seriously thinks Romney's word is good for anything, then they're not paying attention.

Romney isn't even a factor in the election. At this point it's a numbers game: can the ABO crowd beat out the "I'm voting for the black guy" crowd?

enoch150
07-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Penn Jillette is an anarcho-capitalist, not a mainstream libertarian.

Todd
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Which is 100% of the time with people who disagree with his point of view.

This, of course, is how it works on talk radio.

Todd
07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Someone should appear on his show with a bullhorn.

http://www.poweredbychrist.com/alex_jones_-_bullhorn.jpg

angelatc
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
"Morality has to be a subset." - Nice.

Bruno
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Which is 100% of the time with people who disagree with his point of view.

This, of course, is how it works on talk radio.

The rare caller know this and doesn't let him get away with it. When all his methods of interrupting, stonewalling, rambling, regurgitating stale talking points, asking silly questions he demands an answer, etc., fail, he simply and quietly presses the button to hang up on them so he can hear himself talk for two more minutes while most listeners think the caller is still on the line.

brandon
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Scumbag hannity, interrupts every 10 seconds and still loses debate.

brandon
07-06-2012, 11:38 AM
http://www.poweredbychrist.com/alex_jones_-_bullhorn.jpg

LOL, maybe we should try to organize a roundtable discussion between Alexander Jones, Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and Mark Dice.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
"I do know that"-Penn Jillete [WHAT?]

I wish I had not just broken down and watched that ridiculous load of horseshit. Are you being serious when you say, "PENN OWNS HANNITY?" You cannot possibly think that. Let me debate Hannity. Hell, let anyone here debate Hannity. It would be infinitely better than this supposed speaker for Libertarian ideals. Hannity's contradictions and smartass remarks should not have been given a pass. Seriously, who couldn't have made Hannity eat his words in that instance? I would much rather have watched Hannity debate her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4dGx_cahlk

angelatc
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM
LOL, maybe we should try to organize a roundtable discussion between Alexander Jones, Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and Mark Dice.

there's a funny video in there somewhere....can't we get Mark Levin too?

Cowlesy
07-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Pretty cool that Hannity invited Penn on his show.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Pretty cool that Hannity invited Penn on his show.
I urge you to watch the video from the first page of this thread.

DerailingDaTrain
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM

I wish I had not just broken down and watched that ridiculous load of horseshit. Are you being serious when you say, "PENN OWNS HANNITY?" You cannot possibly think that. Let me debate Hannity. Hell, let anyone here debate Hannity. It would be infinitely better than this supposed speaker for Libertarian ideals. Hannity's contradictions and smartass remarks should not have been given a pass. Seriously, who couldn't have made Hannity eat his words in that instance? I would much rather have watched Hannity debate her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4dGx_cahlk

Get over yourself man. I'm positive that you and most people here will never get the chance to debate Hannity and if you did there would be people on the internet ridiculing you for everything you said. He did fine

AGRP
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
video here:

Penn did very good.

Good God. I swear my tolerance for Faux News gets lower as time goes by. No person in their right mind should be watching it.

For the love of God, cancel all of your loved ones cable subscriptions.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Get over yourself man. I'm positive that you and most people here will never get the chance to debate Hannity and if you did there would be people on the internet ridiculing you for everything you said. He did fine
I am positive that if I did I wouldn't acknowledge the stereotype that libertarians are drug addicts tagging along so they can get high legally. I am positive that if I did I wouldn't let Hannity slide with stating that the original implementer of Obamacare and twice a week flip-flopper Mitt Romney's word is somehow bond that he will repeal the ACA. I wouldn't let Hannity mislead his viewers by saying that Romney will reduce the beauracracy by implementing a budget that doesn't truly cut a penny and only eliminates future increases. Perhaps I shouldn't have shut off the interview after he acknowledges that he is a rare libertarian since he doesn't want to legalize drugs to use them, (As the last minute was the best minute, or rather, the only good minute) OR perhaps he shouldn't have said, "I do know that." Do you not have any problems with the above stated? Or did the last minute about morality and self responsibility make up for the ignorance he previously stated/let slide?

ETA: It is also important to note that I am not a well-known libertarian magician supposedly speaking for libertarian principles. Had he not, IMO, insulted my concerns by insinuating that I am a drug addict pushing for my right to get high, I would not "ridicule." Very poor choice of words. Though, perhaps Hannity's constant interruptions flustered him into a, "I do know that," that he doesn't agree with and knows to be a flatout media misrepresentation/bias to discredit our ideals.

Rudeman
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I am positive that if I did I wouldn't acknowledge the stereotype that libertarians are drug addicts tagging along so they can get high legally. I am positive that if I did I wouldn't let Hannity slide with stating that the original implementer of Obamacare and twice a week flip-flopper Mitt Romney's word is somehow bond that he will repeal the ACA. I wouldn't let Hannity mislead his viewers by saying that Romney will reduce the beauracracy by implementing a budget that doesn't truly cut a penny and only eliminates future increases. Perhaps I shouldn't have shut off the interview after he acknowledges that he is a rare libertarian since he doesn't want to legalize drugs to use them, (As the last minute was the best minute, or rather, the only good minute) OR perhaps he shouldn't have said, "I do know that." Do you not have any problems with the above stated? Or did the last minute about morality and self responsibility make up for the ignorance he previously stated/let slide?

ETA: It is also important to note that I am not a well-known libertarian magician supposedly speaking for libertarian principles. Had he not, IMO, insulted my concerns by insinuating that I am a drug addict pushing for my right to get high, I would not "ridicule." Very poor choice of words. Though, perhaps Hannity's constant interruptions flustered him into a, "I do know that," that he doesn't agree with and knows to be a flatout media misrepresentation/bias to discredit our ideals.

Eh sometimes you just need to pick and choose your battles. It's not like Penn said he was a rare type of libertarian, Hannity said it and Penn didn't refute it. Obviously there's a lot of what Hannity says that you can fight over but Penn was able to get some good points off and Hannity didn't fight him on them.

So in my opinion the last minute was well worth the rest, especially on a show like Hannity.

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
video here:

Penn did very good.

Yep. Better than most content on Fox. Occasional appearances by Penn, the Judge, and Stossel are all we get.

Also, regarding Sean's " Penn is the exception to the rule" regarding Libertarians, that stereotype has to be challenged. I wanna see stats that show that Libertarians statistically smoke, drink, do drugs, etc., moreso than their Republican and Democrat counterparts. I seriously doubt the correlation.

Yeah, that's nonsense. Ron Paul does not use or advocate drugs. It's about freedom and personal responsibility. In sheer numbers, Democrat and Republican dope smokers probably outnumber all types of libertarians combined. By a long shot.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM

I wish I had not just broken down and watched that ridiculous load of horseshit. Are you being serious when you say, "PENN OWNS HANNITY?" You cannot possibly think that. Let me debate Hannity. Hell, let anyone here debate Hannity. It would be infinitely better than this supposed speaker for Libertarian ideals. Hannity's contradictions and smartass remarks should not have been given a pass. Seriously, who couldn't have made Hannity eat his words in that instance?

Yes, compared to what usually happens with anyone on Hannity, I would say so. Sorry if I caused you to spend 5 minutes watching a video you found distasteful. You can stop a video at any time by closing a window or hitting the pause button. So I guess I'm sorry for the first part, but if you kept letting it run after it started hurting you so badly, I guess part of that is your responsibility.

I also didn't expect this to turn into a 4 page thread. It was more of a rant on the obvious slant, and yeah, I still think Penn did quite well after watching a second time.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Yes, compared to what usually happens with anyone on Hannity, I would say so. Sorry if I caused you to spend 5 minutes watching a video you found distasteful. You can stop a video at any time by closing a window or hitting the pause button. So I guess I'm sorry for the first part, but if you kept letting it run after it started hurting you so badly, I guess part of that is your responsibility.

I also didn't expect this to turn into a 4 page thread. It was more of a rant on the obvious slant, and yeah, I still think Penn did quite well after watching a second time.

I apologize (For hastily posting without watching the entirety of the interview) To be honest, I had a very good response addressing all of your grievances when my computer unexpectedly shut-down... I know, I know, convenient. Really though, Windows Update is a POS.

That being said, I'm sure I will not miss anything in this response. My main issue with the video is this: his acknowledgement that he is somehow "different" from average Libertarians and isn't, for lack of a better word, "gaming" the system to benefit his own habits, i.e. getting high legally. That personally offended me, as it should those who fly under the same ideals as I. I smoke marijuana. "Drugs" becoming legal is about the twelvth thing on my list to address. When Hannity stated the typical media BS, why didn't he counter with, "Most all Libertarians are more concerned with the perpetual printing of dollars and the endless bombing campaigns?" "Every Libertarian values freedom which has been consistently and constantly eroded by both parties such as the, "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act," which gives the government virtually endless access into personal documents and phone communications, and the NDAA Section 1021, which unleashes the limits of the executive branch to indefinitely detain American citizens." I only wish he would have pointed out the legality of assassinating American citizens without Habeus Corpus. Perhaps point out Posse Comitatus, and the "troops" (Which, IMHO I consider them to be) patrolling the streets harrassing average Americans on a day-to-day basis.

It doesn't matter what usually happens on Hannity. That is the problem... not that my five minutes was wasted. How many people tune in? They probably didn't consider their time wasted but rather reinforced the bias they have against Libertarian principles as such. (Not that Penn Jillete is the reason, rather media bias) When "we" get a chance to speak to a major audience "we" need to plant seeds. Not insult hardworking patriots as being dope-smoking addicts furthering their own addiction. If there was something I didn't address please let me know... as I have seemed to go off on my usual tangent.

heavenlyboy34
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Ridiculous. Hannity broke so many rules of civil debate it's laughable. He starts from complete ignorance of the subject matter and proceeds to make shit up as he goes along. Props to Penn for sticking to good debate form and pwning that insufferable clown.

kcchiefs6465
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Ridiculous. Hannity broke so many rules of civil debate it's laughable. He starts from complete ignorance of the subject matter and proceeds to make shit up as he goes along. Props to Penn for sticking to good debate form and pwning that insufferable clown.
+rep for anyone who can find me a video of Hannity engaging in a civil debate. I know, I know, it's Saturday. Don't waste your night.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-07-2012, 12:05 AM
I apologize (For hastily posting without watching the entirety of the interview) To be honest, I had a very good response addressing all of your grievances when my computer unexpectedly shut-down... I know, I know, convenient. Really though, Windows Update is a POS.

That being said, I'm sure I will not miss anything in this response. My main issue with the video is this: his acknowlegdement that he is somehow "different" from average Libertarians and isn't, for lack of a better word, "gaming" the system to benefit his own habits, i.e. getting high legally. That personally offended me, as it should those who fly under the same ideals as I. I smoke marijuana. Drugs becoming legal is about the twelvth thing on my list to address. When Hannity stated the typical media BS, why didn't he counter with, "Most all Libertarians are more concerned with the perpetual printing of dollars and the endless bombing campaigns?" "Every Libertarian values freedom which has been consistently and constantly eroded by both parties such as the, "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act," which gives the government virtually endless access into personal documents and phone communications, and the NDAA Section 1021, which unleashes the limits of the executive branch to indefinitely detain American citizens." I only wish he would have pointed out the legality of assassinating American citizens without Habeus Corpus. Perhaps point out Posse Comitatus, and the "troops" (Which, IMHO I consider them to be) patrolling the streets harrassing average Americans on a day-to-day basis.

It doesn't matter what usually happens on Hannity. That is the problem... not that my five minutes was wasted. How many people tune in? They probably didn't consider their time wasted but rather reinforced the bias they have against Libertarian principles as such. (Not that Penn Jillete is the reason, rather media bias) When "we" get a chance to speak to a major audience "we" need to plant seeds. Not insult hardworking patriots as being dope-smoking addicts furthering their own addiction. If there was something I didn't address please let me know... as I have seemed to go off on my usual tangent.

You're preaching to the choir. I also didn't add the video link with my "OWN"ed comment. (it was added by a mod later) Maybe OWNed was the wrong way to put it. Like I said, I was in a hotel room with a TV playing for no particular reason.

Penn isn't really a seasoned political debater, and he has more of a "I'll tell ya something" style. He is what he is. He's more like a George Carlin or Joe Rogan. Maybe both of those are more aggressive than Penn. I'm offended by all of the same things you are, but I suspect Penn will be invited on more shows in the future by being less confrontational than you or I might be on such a stage. He's an asset to us, even if punching Hannity might seem like a more appropriate response. We also can't expect anyone/everyone to be everything. Penn is doing ok with his role, imo.

I understand most of us in this forum would like to be Jim Everett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

And apology accepted, even though I'm not sure I expected or deserved one. I get what you are saying. I'm just not the target.