PDA

View Full Version : GOP state party chief staying; party feud with Heineman ends (NE)

sailingaway
07-05-2012, 11:49 AM
GOP state party chief staying; party feud with Heineman ends

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120703/NEWS/707049924/1685

I hope this means we get committeeman. I hope it DOESN'T mean our coalition falls apart...

torchbearer
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I found something more important in the article.

The dispute even caused friction between Heineman and his old friend, former Omaha Mayor Hal Daub.
The two reportedly exchanged tense words at a fundraiser last week over the future of the party, with witnesses saying Heineman pointedly — and loudly enough for others to hear — reminded Daub that he was the governor.
Years ago, when Daub was in Congress, Heineman served as his chief of staff.
Daub declined to say exactly what prompted the “passionate” exchange between himself and the governor, but he said the two remained friends.
One possible reason for the friction: Daub's support of Orr running against Heineman's candidate. Daub did not endorse in the race, but said he believed others had a right to run.

this is what i saw in louisiana. apparently, there have been lovers of liberty keeping their mouths shut and working with the neocons who are now feeling brave enough to step forward and make a stand.
our convention was led by long time central committee members who had enough of the BS with the neocons. they weren't originally ron paul supporters.
we just exposed a crack in their armor we didn't know existed. (i found out that the state central committee is split down the middle - liberty vs. tyranny, we only elected a few new ron paul supporters to the scc this year, so most of those opposing the old guard are the old guard)
there are some old guard who still have souls left.

CPUd
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
The executive director of the state Republican Party, Jordan McGrain, told Nebraska Watchdog in addition to its usual sergeant at arms committee, the party hired additional security for the first time in convention history, to his knowledge. Party officials are preparing for potential for trouble caused by Paul supporters. The libertarian Texas Congressman quit campaigning for president in May, but his supporters have circumvented primaries and caucuses by winning delegates at conventions in Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota and Louisiana with an eye toward sending as many as possible to the national convention in Tampa.

In Louisiana, Paul garnered about half the state’s delegates and chaos broke out, with several delegates arrested and the convention chairman reportedly getting thrown to the ground by police.

McGrain said Nebraska Republicans are preparing for the potential for “some pretty rowdy guests” at the convention – noting that other states experienced “all-out anarchy” at their conventions because they weren’t ready for a ruckus.

“We’re just not going to tolerate any disruptions,” McGrain said. “This is not going to be a free-for-all.”

http://nebraska.watchdog.org/23602/exclusive-security-doubled-at-gop-convention-in-anticipation-of-ron-paul-insurgency/

torchbearer
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
bring plenty of video recording devices.

No1butPaul
07-06-2012, 02:19 PM
we should hire our own security!

Bern
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
... “This is not going to be a free-for-all.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2OM7HEfrs

SneakyFrenchSpy
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Can we have a contest? Guess what time the rules-abiding convention breaks off and heads to the parking lot to reconvene...

torchbearer
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM

we did that in louisiana. their rent-a-cops had better costumes, so ours were banned from getting in.
we were later accused of bringing a militia.

Tiso0770
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Motor cycle gang?.....charles manson?....or anyone with 500 tattoo's on their arms with cut off selves and head shaved.

Man!, what a vision....wander how they would react.

georgiaboy
07-06-2012, 05:36 PM
cool. I thought all the state conventions were over, and I was bored. I see this one is July 14. Any others remaining?

Glad to see even within establishment ranks, small gov't folks are stepping up!

sailingaway
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
bring plenty of video recording devices.

this. We are NEVER the ones who cause trouble, unless insisting on proper procedure is troublemaking. When they hire 'more security' it means they plan to cheat, so far.

sailingaway
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
this version of the story notes that the Ron Paul/Tea Party supported guy had been likely to win.

Neb. GOP chairman keeps post in wake of turmoil

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/79441f85e872413cbdfc587bac1c2fad/NE--Nebraska-GOP-Rift-Chairman

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Motor cycle gang?.....charles manson?....or anyone with 500 tattoo's on their arms with cut off selves and head shaved.

Man!, what a vision....wander how they would react.

unfortunately, that is how our security guys looked like at our convention. probably why they weren't allowed inside.
it would be better to hire your own off duty cop, and make sure he wears his costume.

phill4paul
07-07-2012, 03:24 PM
unfortunately, that is how our security guys looked like at our convention. probably why they weren't allowed inside.
it would be better to hire your own off duty cop, and make sure he wears his costume.

Yup.

Sullivan*
07-07-2012, 05:18 PM
No; unfortunately, this is EXACTLY when the local PD would become involved and an off-duty cop gets in trouble for representing the PD in-uniform.

torchbearer
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
No; unfortunately, this is EXACTLY when the local PD would become involved and an off-duty cop gets in trouble for representing the PD in-uniform.

apparently, the rent-a-cops that come in uniform while off duty didn't get in trouble at our convention.