PDA

View Full Version : Is 30 million possible?

Sematary
11-17-2007, 01:07 AM
ronpaulgraphs is showing that we're on pace for more than 17 million right now - without the money bomb on December 16. What do you think? Can we do 30 mil this quarter?

jake
11-17-2007, 01:08 AM
anything is possible. there is even a risk he could win.

ronpaulyourmom
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
ronpaulgraphs is showing that we're on pace for more than 17 million right now - without the money bomb on December 16. What do you think? Can we do 30 mil this quarter?

That's a false estimation because it assumes a pace built upon the first money bomb, if we do 40k a day from here until the end of the quarter we wont make 12 million.

You should assume in general, 11 million + Dec 16th = our overall number.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
For sure

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

kylejack
11-17-2007, 01:10 AM
No.

TechnoGuyRob
11-17-2007, 01:11 AM
That would pretty much force the other Republicans to throw the towel in the bag.

But it might just be possible. :)

xerigen
11-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm honestly seeing somewhere between 16 and 20 million.

Sematary
11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
That would pretty much force the other Republicans to throw the towel in the bag.

But it might just be possible. :)

I wouldn't go that far but some of the smaller campaigns might surrender. Even 20 million might do that. :D

ClayTrainor
11-17-2007, 01:13 AM
honestly, i think dec. 16th, is gonna blow up into something bigger than any of us imagine...

who knows what will actually happen, but no matter what... ron paul has got to be considered top tier after dec. 16th is done

justinc.1089
11-17-2007, 01:28 AM
We can hope he does that well........

(Passionately starts hoping....)

(Still hoping strongly......)

user
11-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Let's all remember that breaking records on the 16th and winning NH are just the first steps. We'll still have a lot of work to do.

leonster
11-17-2007, 01:41 AM
If we get close to 20 million after the 16th, but not yet over... I think it's VERY important to then actually HIT 20 million.

There's something psychologically more impressive about it, after you pass a factor of 10... that's why prices in stores are $1.99, $14.97... not $2, $15, b/c those sound like more money.

But we *want* it to sound like a lot of money, in this case. :)

DealzOnWheelz
11-17-2007, 01:45 AM
what can we do to make sure all donations take??

Richandler
11-17-2007, 01:56 AM
The thing is if we beat each and every other candidate in the Republican field we can win the election. In order to guarantee that we should reach 20 million to try and be safe. However this will not happen with these $40,000 days that don't even compare to Huckabee right now. I still think a goal should have been set for the end of November and since it seems 10 million is out the question I believe we must strive to hit 9 million by the end of this month. If we somehow can pull of 10 million on the 16th then we'll be in position to take 20 million. Crushing Rudy and Romney is the ultimate goal. Because a 20 million dollar advertising budget very large.

Sematary
11-17-2007, 02:10 AM
The thing is if we beat each and every other candidate in the Republican field we can win the election. In order to guarantee that we should reach 20 million to try and be safe. However this will not happen with these $40,000 days that don't even compare to Huckabee right now. I still think a goal should have been set for the end of November and since it seems 10 million is out the question I believe we must strive to hit 9 million by the end of this month. If we somehow can pull of 10 million on the 16th then we'll be in position to take 20 million. Crushing Rudy and Romney is the ultimate goal. Because a 20 million dollar advertising budget very large.

Worrying about the daily totals, knowing that in the end we are going to crush the competition with money, is pointless. It's not the daily numbers that count but the big splash on December 16 and the ultimate numbers at the end of the quarter.

American
11-17-2007, 02:12 AM
anything is possible, I dont know how probable it is though.

leonster
11-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Worrying about the daily totals, knowing that in the end we are going to crush the competition with money, is pointless. It's not the daily numbers that count but the big splash on December 16 and the ultimate numbers at the end of the quarter.

I agree that worrying about the daily numbers is not the most important. I think the two goals should be:

1. A massive Dec. 16

2. A very impressive number for the end of quarter--seriously, hearing "over 20 million dollars" on the news will raise SERIOUS awareness.

Get out there and promote!

(It's difficult for me right now--I'm teaching English in South Korea. But still, I have almost 400 Facebook friends, and am in some political groups on there. I've put a lot of stuff on my profile, made YouTube posts, etc... do whatever you can to raise awareness.)

Eric23
11-17-2007, 02:33 AM
The way the donations have gone this week. No.

Sematary
11-17-2007, 09:19 AM
The way the donations have gone this week. No.

You have to think of the bigger picture.

bobmurph
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
It is ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE!!!

IMO, it's totally up to us though. If everyone donates $100 we definitely will NOT make $30 million. OTOH, if everyone donates as much as they can possibly afford...then ANYTHING is possible.

Nov 5th had an average donation of $103 and 37k donors.

I think we'll have at least 50k donors on the 16th. If we can somehow get that average donation to $500...that would be $25 million.

Bottom line...if you want to raise $30 Million we must encourage people to max out if they can afford it and donate as much as they can possibly afford.

curtisag
11-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Can you imagine the look on George Stephanopoulos' face when we raise more money this quarter than any Republican and rival Hillary and Obama's fundraising? The press is going to light up like a roman candle. Ron Paul is going to explode in name recognition and respect. Rudy is going to have a heart attack when he sees a "nobody" like Ron Paul, whom he laughed at over and over at debates, has more campaign cash than he does to run ads in the big states to come.

LBT
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't forget that $20 million for Ron Paul is equivalent to at least $40 million for Giuliani. He'd have to spend much more to raise that amount and at least twice as much to get a similar amount of ground activation.

His only advantage is getting many millions worth of TV coverage, but that gap should narrow, and the potency of his message is weak.

It seems inevitable that Ron Paul will become an accepted top tier candidate after 4th quater fundraising and early primaries. At that stage it may become a different game, but I suspect the strength of his message and the weakness of his opponents will work in his favor.

LBT
11-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Can you imagine the look on George Stephanopoulos' face when we raise more money this quarter than any Republican and rival Hillary and Obama's fundraising?

I'm so looking forward to many youtube videos showing George Stephanopoulos' "It's not gonna happen" beside "Ron Paul is a contender" clips in the not to distant future.

Let's hope it sends George on a spiral towards the trashbin of formally respected journalists.