PDA

View Full Version : Romney losing ground to Obama without support from Paul Nation

DamianTV
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-losing-ground-to-obama-without-support-from-paul-nation?CID=examiner_alerts_article

National Republicans may have some serious thinking to do. Their presumptive nominee, Mitt Romney looks to be in serious trouble on multiple fronts today.

Governor Romney has lost ground to President Obama and is now trailing in all of the national polls with the exception of the Rasmussen Reports poll which has been the poll most favorable to Governor Romney. Governor Romney is now tied with President Obama in the latest Rasmussen poll, which is a steep decline in that poll for Governor Romney relative to President Obama since early June.

In battleground states, Governor Romney is seeing similar declines. According to the poll numbers at Real Clear Politics, Governor Romney is behind in Florida, Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Obama groups are running hard-hitting television advertisements against Governor Romney in several battleground states that appear to be having an impact. The ads are portraying Governor Romney as a vulture capitalist whose business practices created a net job loss instead of a jobs gain, which is a narrative that is challenging the cornerstone of the Romney campaign strategy. If the Romney job creating narrative is tarnished, he may not be able to find another narrative on which to run.

President Obama won a huge victory with the Supreme Court decision that validated Obamacare, his only signature achievement. Under other circumstances, the Supreme Court decision might be seen as a rallying cry for the limited government opposition. However, it is unlikely that Governor Romney will be able to mount a serious counter-offensive to galvanize the anti-Obamacare forces because his own plan in Massachusetts was the prototype for Obamacare. Governor Romney, the conservative Heritage Foundation, and Republican luminaries like Newt Gingrich were all philosophically predisposed to favor the individual mandate provision which was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States. Thus, they do not have a lot of credibility on that issue.

Governor Romney's remaining GOP opponent, Congressman Ron Paul, on the other hand, has been a consistent opponent of the individual mandate, and of government healthcare in principle. Therefore, Governor Romney cannot create the type of contrast with President Obama on Obamacare that Congressman Paul can.

To make matters worse for Governor Romney, he has tepid support from Teavangelicals who do not trust that he will support their core concerns because he has taken positions in the past that do not endear him to Evangelical voters. If Teavangelicals do not organize and march to the polls, Governor Romney can not win in November.

However, the biggest challenge that Governor Romney appears to have is that he is being portrayed as a wealthy, white, straight-laced businessman at a time when the country seems to be reaching for something different. He is not very cool and not very middle class. There is nothing Governor Romney can do about that. If the attitude of the country remains as it appears to be today, it will be difficult for Governor Romney to overcome the perception that he is an out of touch, rich, white guy who knows how to leverage assets, but may not appreciate the challenges faced by middle class families. This challenge may haunt the GOP for years to come if it cannot develop a more modern brand.

Congressman Paul was able to generate the kind of excitement that Governor Romney lacks. His libertarian brand has broad-based appeal for modern consumption. Congressman Paul carved out a youthful and independent common sense niche that Governor Romney has not been able to attract so far. Many of those voters appear to be leaning toward President Obama in the battleground states.

Unfortunately, rather than trying to work with the Ron Paul energy, the GOP alienated many of the the Paul supporters during the primary season, which has created a rift that may be too deep to be repaired. Congressman Paul's voters are left wondering what could have been possible if the GOP had not decided on Governor Romney prematurely.

The election is far from over, but signs are not good for Governor Romney today.

Let me think how to best express my intellectual conclusion to the GOP in regards to this article. Ok. Got it. DUH! End of intellectual statement. I dont think the rest of the GOP is smart enough to understand words that are longer than three letters anyhow.

Working Poor
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
bump

asurfaholic
07-05-2012, 07:38 AM
GOP shot itself in the foot, pissed in the wind, and ate shit - all at the same time. 4 more years of obama was the clear goal. Oh well, maybe next time there will be a bigger chance at getting a liberty candidate who actually represents the will of the people elected.

Matthew Zak
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM
GOP shot itself in the foot, pissed in the wind, and ate shit - all at the same time. 4 more years of obama was the clear goal. Oh well, maybe next time there will be a bigger chance at getting a liberty candidate who actually represents the will of the people elected.

Ron Paul's movement found it's way into every level of government, on every street corner, behind every news anchor, and had more international support than the highly praised and celebrated tea party and occupy movements, yet the entire thing was swept under the rug by the establishment.

If we EVER want change we have to MAKE it, OUTSIDE OF POLITICS.

Get to the RNC and be heard. Make them feel this. Make the country see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKZqbGRuxs

Britannia
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
It's a complete mystery to me why the GOP establishment decided to throw their weight behind Romney in the first place? In the debates he displayed all the personality of a squashed apricot, he's flip-flopped more times than the dolphins at Sea World, and he made his money by putting working people out of a job.

The GOP has presented a positive image of Romney, with all the dark stains whitewashed away, but the opposition are going to make mincemeat out of him! Obama is going to destroy Romney in the debates. Romney was consistently the worst performer in the GOP debates, he made Michelle Bachman look like a natural polished performer.

When are conservatives going to come to their senses and get behind Ron Paul before it's too late? Do they want to win the bloody election or not :mad:

jay_dub
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM
It's a complete mystery to me why the GOP establishment decided to throw their weight behind Romney in the first place? In the debates he displayed all the personality of a squashed apricot, he's flip-flopped more times than the dolphins at Sea World, and he made his money by putting working people out of a job.

The GOP has presented a positive image of Romney, with all the dark stains whitewashed away, but the opposition are going to make mincemeat out of him! Obama is going to destroy Romney in the debates. Romney was consistently the worst performer in the GOP debates, he made Michelle Bachman look like a natural polished performer.

When are conservatives going to come to their senses and get behind Ron Paul before it's too late? Do they want to win the bloody election or not :mad:

Romney's latest genius move is to go after Obamacare. He has been saying he would repeal it. He not only wants to repeal it, but to REPLACE it. Replace it with what???....another big government program?

The term 'Conservative' has become meaningless in today's America. Almost everyone is a statist that just wants the crumbs to fall THEIR way.

http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mitt-romney-obamacare.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Repeal and replace, right, that's going to sell.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, rather than trying to work with the Ron Paul energy, the GOP alienated many of the the Paul supporters during the primary season, which has created a rift that may be too deep to be repaired. Congressman Paul's voters are left wondering what could have been possible if the GOP had not decided on Governor Romney prematurely.

What really made me sick was watching all the so called "real" conservatives who didn't like Romney just fold like a piece of paper and accept that he was the nominee WAY before it was even close to being over.

libertyfanatic
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Romney is going to be literally destroyed by the Obama machine.

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2012, 11:34 AM
What really made me sick was watching all the so called "real" conservatives who didn't like Romney just fold like a piece of paper and accept that he was the nominee WAY before it was even close to being over.
True, if they continue to listen to the dipshits on the radio and Fox for their election news, they'll get what they deserve. Not once did the media explain the delegate game and how things can play out at a national convention. They kept it a secret all the while presenting the roobs with candidate after candidate knowing full well that the fix was in to push R-money this election. Then they go into overdrive defending the undefendable. Gotta love how Hannity starts his radio show with the voice over of "2012: the year to defeat Obama."

georgiaboy
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Romney's latest genius move is to go after Obamacare. He has been saying he would repeal it. He not only wants to repeal it, but to REPLACE it. Replace it with what???....another big government program?

Yeah, he can call it, hmmm, "Romneycare".

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I double-dog-dare him to. Talk about a swift kick to the collective conservative crotch.

Working Poor
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM

yes he is

jmdrake
07-05-2012, 12:14 PM

Romney won't need to be destroyed because he's part of the same ultimate machine. The Robamaneybot cannot be defeated. At least not this election cycle.

Cody1
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I am so sick of this crap. First people were rude on comment sections of websites, facebook whatever but were polite in person when talking politics and my personal inability to vote for Romney, now people are outright vicious. If fucking hope to GOD that Romney gets a mud hole stomped in his ass come election time. Angry, snarling people that outright want me to lick Romney's boots and get in line and shut up. This crap is insane and is the antithesis of what it means to be an American. I mean Jesus Christ, I'll talk about how I feel about NDAA and immediately im a mindless drone Paulbot. Like wtf???

I mean I know get thicker skin and stick with it which I am but Jesus Christ, the assumptions others' choose to make are nuts! It's only a matter of time before the beltway GOP sheep will push for public hangings of any and everyone who doesn't suck Romney's dick.

Philosophy_of_Politics
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
People need to understand, that the GOP hand-picked him to lose on purpose. It was never about winning, it was about the GOP Status Quo/Establishment serving their masters. Romney was intentionally put there in order to lose, and I imagine Romney is going to get a huge behind-the-scenes contribution for playing along with it.

Essentially, Romney was the backup plan to Obama.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I am so sick of this crap. First people were rude on comment sections of websites, facebook whatever but were polite in person when talking politics and my personal inability to vote for Romney, now people are outright vicious. If fucking hope to GOD that Romney gets a mud hole stomped in his ass come election time. Angry, snarling people that outright want me to lick Romney's boots and get in line and shut up. This crap is insane and is the antithesis of what it means to be an American. I mean Jesus Christ, I'll talk about how I feel about NDAA and immediately im a mindless drone Paulbot. Like wtf???

I mean I know get thicker skin and stick with it which I am but Jesus Christ, the assumptions others' choose to make are nuts! It's only a matter of time before the beltway GOP sheep will push for public hangings of any and everyone who doesn't suck Romney's dick.

Other than your references to God I agree with everything you posted. It's become impossible to talk to the Romney sheeple. They are going to lose, they know it, and they blame it on us. Lol, yeah right, it's our fault they fell in line like a bunch of mindless cattle when told by their masters they had to fall in line behind Romney.

Cody1
07-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Other than your references to God I agree with everything you posted. It's become impossible to talk to the Romney sheeple. They are going to lose, they know it, and they blame it on us. Lol, yeah right, it's our fault they fell in line like a bunch of mindless cattle when told by their masters they had to fall in line behind Romney.

I apologize, I can see how that would be offensive. My blood was boiling over. Things are especially polarized right now due to yesterday being the 4th and everything. Nationalism is sooo dangerous and it was rampant yesterday. All I could think of was Nazi Germany all over again. Its hard to be accused as being not an American when you don't fall in line and chant USA! USA! USA!

Feeding the Abscess
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM

The term 'Conservative' has become meaningless in today's America. Almost everyone is a statist that just wants the crumbs to fall THEIR way.

http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mitt-romney-obamacare.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

No, that's pretty much what conservatism has always been.

georgiaboy
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
In response to the OP -- ahem, we told you so, warned you - we don't vote for RINOs anymore. GOP can't blame us if their liberal 'presumptive' nominee isn't siphoning enough Dem's from the big O.

I seriously can't understand any Republicans supporting Mitt Romney. Hard for me to decide who's worse, him or McCain.

Until they get it right, GOP's gonna have to learn the hard way via another loss in the general.

Lots of rank & file are and should rightly be disappointed. Like I said though, don't blame us -- we're as conservative Republican as can be. Look at these last two cycles and see if you can figure out what's going on to keep conservatives down. We're able to see it crystal clear. Try on a pair of our glasses for a change.

And hey, rank & file, if you line up and vote for this Democrat-lite, you're falling into the trap. Log a protest - vote third party and let people know what you had to do on principle. Don't take this lying down.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I apologize, I can see how that would be offensive. My blood was boiling over. Things are especially polarized right now due to yesterday being the 4th and everything. Nationalism is sooo dangerous and it was rampant yesterday. All I could think of was Nazi Germany all over again. Its hard to be accused as being not an American when you don't fall in line and chant USA! USA! USA!

Completely and totally understand. It is infuriating, I don't plan on wasting anymore time trying to get through to them. I just drop in once in while a take a jab at Romney for fun. :p

Britannia
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Romney fighting against Obamacare? I can see the headline now: POT ATTACKS KETTLE!

Yes, unfortunately people like their free stuff from the government. It's just a shame that the free stuff isn't free. One day these people will wake up, hopefully before both our nations have gone bankrupt, because that's where we're heading.

The word conservative has lost all meaning in British politics. The so-called conservatives are just slightly less liberal than the liberals. Plenty of tough talk but never any action. As we say over here: all mouth and no trousers.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Plenty of tough talk but never any action.

Pretty much sums it up.

donnay
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
People need to understand, that the GOP hand-picked him to lose on purpose. It was never about winning, it was about the GOP Status Quo/Establishment serving their masters. Romney was intentionally put there in order to lose, and I imagine Romney is going to get a huge behind-the-scenes contribution for playing along with it.

Bingo! +rep Glad someone figured it out!

TrishW
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Obama is going to destroy Romney in the debates and the election.

DamianTV
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Obama is going to destroy Romney in the debates and the election.

Obama has the support of the Minority Groups! And the Gays. And pretty much anyone not awakened to Ron Paul. Romney never stood a chance against Obama, and to me, it is pretty obvious that the GOP was all about rooting for Obama the whole time.

Real Change in this country is not going to happen unless YOU make it happen. When they play games by making rules that your vote doesnt count because it isnt for the candidate they told you to vote for, you are never going to win unless you make change happen. Never leave your future in someone elses hands.

Philosophy_of_Politics
07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm beyond peaceful or civil means. I'm already at civil disobedience, or worst.

Zatch
07-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Wishful thinking.

Mitt Romney's campaign said Thursday they had a behemoth fund-raising month in June, bringing in more than $100 million, two Republican sources confirmed.

The amount, which includes money raised by the campaign along with the Republican National Committee, far surpasses his May fund-raising haul of $77 million.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/05/romneys-june-fund-raising-tops-100-million/

Lightweis
07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Romney has a chance. 25 percent IMO

BucksforPaul
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
So it begins... They are already starting to blame Dr. Paul and the liberty movement for Romney's inevitable loss.

Victor Grey
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Internet's full of them. When it was around the Iowa caucus they absolutely hated Mitt Romney. Couldn't stand him, the Massachusetts Moderate, Flip-Flop Mitt, the New England Democrat. Anybody but Romney.

After South Carolina they've been falling in love with him ever since.
The Tea Party's a joke that isn't funny as far as I'm concerned. Outside the liberty portions of it; key regional places. Most of it's all talk.

It's all team politics now.

I double-dog-dare him to. Talk about a swift kick to the collective conservative crotch.

I wish it was. I've seen Bush pushing NCLB and MC Part D though. Not a peep from mainstream conservatives.

You start a damned war they don't care what goes on. Just oh save me from the radical muslims, they're so scary what with their guns and lack of electricity and uh, camels and such.

That is all the GOP cares about anymore since the neocons came in and got everybody holding in wetting themselves in cowardice.

Romney'd pass Romneycare nationally or some single payer scheme and they'd kiss him on the ass for it. He's just got to bomb Iran.
Throw in being Republican.
I don't know what that wouldn't put up with during wartime. I don't.

Let them all bluster at us, I don't care anymore. I don't have respect for them enough to care.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
It's all team politics now.

Oh yeah.
This is just from a little while ago, I gave him a bit of a hard time for it;

BostonMA For Romney Wrote: 59 minutes ago (6:56 PM)

"What can I do to help the Republican nominee win the General Election in November?" That is really the only question we need to be asking ourselves. It is pointless to ask any more questions about the minutiae of Willard Mitt Romney's positions over the years. He will be our nominee; and we must stand united behind our nominee.
-------------------
Akk.

anaconda
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I have not yet seen any good data or polls on how much the Paul base is hurting Romney's chances in November. I doubt if it's more than 2 or 3 percentage points. I think Romney simply fails to fire up the rank and file GOP base, which will prove more costly to him than the Paul supporters.

ClydeCoulter
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I have not yet seen any good data or polls on how much the Paul base is hurting Romney's chances in November. I doubt if it's more than 2 or 3 percentage points. I think Romney simply fails to fire up the rank and file GOP base, which will prove more costly to him than the Paul supporters.

He also fails to fire up the independents, he fails in a lot of ways.
I'm still hoping for common sense to prevail in Tampa.

Anti Federalist
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
So it begins... They are already starting to blame Dr. Paul and the liberty movement for Romney's inevitable loss.

Good.

I hope that is broadcast far and wide.

I don't care whether these dipshits "like" us or even believe in what we are saying.

All I care about is that they waddle into a voting booth and vote Paul.

Let them "hold their noses" for a change.

Then, maybe, they'll "win".

Anti Federalist
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM

The last few presidential election were decided on that margin.

Kluge
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Good.

I hope that is broadcast far and wide.

I don't care whether these dipshits "like" us or even believe in what we are saying.

All I care about is that they waddle into a voting booth and vote Paul.

Let them "hold their noses" for a change.

Then, maybe, they'll "win".

We're the ones staying true to principles, they can go F themselves.

But we do need a good historian to document all of this treachery.

Pauls' Revere
07-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Repeal and replace, right, that's going to sell.

Replace?...with what?

Brett85
07-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm generally pretty pragmatic in how I vote, and I'd like to be able to vote for Romney in order to get President Obama out of office. However, I just have a problem with voting for someone who's basically itching to start a war with Iran. And unlike many here, I do think that Romney is better than Obama on domestic issues, and I would vote for Romney if the election were only based on domestic issues. But, the fact that Romney is running on an even more belligerent foreign policy than Bush is simply a deal breaker for me.

Origanalist
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Replace?...with what?

Originally Posted by jay_dub

//

Agorism
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Rand's on the case though right?

Bastiat's The Law
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
This is how I see the 2012 Presidential Election unfolding.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/PresidentialElection2012.png

devil21
07-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Just wait until SNL takes on Mormons in October. Romney is just such a terrible candidate for so many reasons. But he was promised this run as the "nominee" so he'll syphon off campaign cash, sell some books, run the talk show circuit and then try to get his kids in political positions. The Mormon thing will kill him though. People won't vote for a Mormon and polls show it.

Weston White
07-06-2012, 02:41 AM

My thoughts exactly.

tod evans
07-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Replace?...with what?

Nothing.......;)