PDA

View Full Version : "Independence day..it's about liberty..its about our freedom..its about another day off"

TomtheTinker
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
"Independence day..it's about liberty..its about our freedom..its about another day off"

That's qouting a local radio station..SADLY this attitude is shared with most friends, family and others around me.

But I am thankful that there are others who understand the responsibility we carry as Americans. America may not be that shining city on a hill these days, atleast we have a group of shining individuals willing to pledge their lives their fortunes and their sacred honor.

You guys and girls give me hope and I thank you for that...along as we don't destroy ourselves freedom will march forward and so will Tomthetinker..happy independence day.

1000th post...its been fun :)

Okie RP fan
07-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Just another day for Americans to booze it up and grill. Which, in all general senses, I can't complain against, it's just part of enjoying life.

However, it is clear that no one gives a rip about anything anymore, and we are all either too stupid or too immature to dive into the real history of Independence Day and see how far we have fallen since 1776 in this country.

tfurrh
07-04-2012, 10:22 PM
//

TomtheTinker
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Lol...nothing wrong with some fun

Carson
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
"Independence day..it's about liberty..its about our freedom..its about another day off"

It's about ancient history?

nobody's_hero
07-05-2012, 05:34 AM
I refuse to call it Independence Day. That irritates neocons because they think I'm being ignorant—which is ironic, coming from them. I refuse to fuel the false belief that it actually means anything anymore.

I'll keep calling it "July 4th" until Americans start acting like free people again.

Republicanguy
07-05-2012, 05:41 AM
I just read an article on the Guardian, Gary Young talks about Independence day of him being a black briton is America and what he should say to his son about it, encourage him etc, oh it reminds him of the past, slavery, and brings up Frederick Douglass who was one of the few educated black man of that era. He was also the same person who said it would be best to work to end the trade in America than in Africa, as the Chieftains in Africa showed no interest in closing the trade. Douglass died in 1895.

Romulus
07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
call it Dependence Day