PDA

View Full Version : Cops attempt to raid garage sale, get kicked to the curb!

donnay
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Cops attempt to raid garage sale, get kicked to the curb!

Prisonplanet.com (http://www.prisonplanet.com/cops-attempt-to-raid-garage-sale-get-kicked-to-the-curb.html)
July 3, 2012

A San Jose police officer storms onto private property and begins rooting through items being sold in a garage sale saying that he is looking for guns. The residents know their rights and stand up for themselves, ordering the cop off their property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLdoZMnmhs&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Origanalist
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Very nice. + rep the homeowners, it did my heart good to see those cops standing on the sidewalk frustrated because the homeowners wouldn't lay down and let them walk all over them.

PaulConventionWV
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Made my day, sort of.

Anti Federalist
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Know what they are saying?

"Sons of bitches can't run us off, we're police officers!"

Know where they are saying it?

In the fucking street.

Good for these people.

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
EPIC!! They done me proud. :D :cool:

kathy88
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
20 bucks one of them gets arrested in the next month on some trumped up charge.

mport1
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm very surprised these people were not arrested, beaten, or shot.

ronpaulfollower999
07-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Good thing they didn't have a dog either.

showpan
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
that was worth watching...lol

mport1
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Or a cat. They will shoot those too. They will pretty much shoot anything they can give an "officer safety" excuse for.

CCTelander
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
20 bucks one of them gets arrested in the next month on some trumped up charge.

Buzzkill.

TheTexan
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Policy wasn't followed... they forgot raid 101, go into the property with a drawn weapon

nobody's_hero
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
They were probably confused because there was no door to break down, no window to throw flashbangs through, and no family dog to shoot.

nobody's_hero
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
What pisses me off more than the cops is the jackass who called and reported it.

Be a good American and mind your own f*cking business.

MikeStanart
07-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Why is "Selling Guns" even an issue?????

It's your damned property, you can sell it if you want!!!!!

I'd tell the cops: It's none of your business what I'm selling, jackass!; GTFO

Carson
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Who was the accuser?

Who? Who? Who?

Search warrant?

Oops my bad. There's an unconstitutional infringement on buying and selling guns?

Origanalist
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
What pisses me off more than the cops is the jackass who called and reported it.

Be a good American and mind your own f*cking business.

The snitch mentality has infested this country to a level I never thought possible.

donnay
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
The snitch mentality has infested this country to a level I never thought possible.

See Something, Say Something.

In some cases snitches are given cash rewards.

http://www.raleighnc.gov/safety/content/Police/Articles/Gunstoppers.html
http://delaware.crimestoppersweb.com/
http://www.providenceri.com/mayor/city-of-providence-offers-rewards-for-tips-about

Given a bad economy people will turn in their grandmother just so they can make some money. It's sad.

Anti Federalist
07-03-2012, 08:12 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?382439-LA-Cop-chases-suspect-into-unrelated-woman-s-yard-where-her-dog-was.-Cop-shoots-dog-dead.

cajuncocoa
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
That was very cool.

Danke
07-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Why is "Selling Guns" even an issue?????

It's your damned property, you can sell it if you want!!!!!

I'd tell the cops: It's none of your business what I'm selling, jackass!; GTFO

I doubt they have allodial title. Probably just renters (taxpayers) that registered the property with the State.

donnay
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHwVRL06R8

coastie
07-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm very surprised these people were not arrested, beaten, or shot.

Me too...

Related, for the first time in 8 years, someone called the Sheriff's last night because we were shooting fireworks(yes, I realize it was the 3rd, we make it a week long thang down here).

No contact was made, we all were inside when they got here, they did a couple of loops and spotlighted my neighbor's yard once, and then left and came back about an hour later while I standing out front smokin a cig with my neighbor, right on the street. They just rode by really slowly, we just watched them and didn't wave. All of my neighbors do that now if they roll through, usually they'll wave if it's during the day if they pass through(very rare) and now we ignore them and just go back to what we were doing, lol.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Cops attempt to raid garage sale, get kicked to the curb!

Prisonplanet.com (http://www.prisonplanet.com/cops-attempt-to-raid-garage-sale-get-kicked-to-the-curb.html)
July 3, 2012

A San Jose police officer storms onto private property and begins rooting through items being sold in a garage sale saying that he is looking for guns. The residents know their rights and stand up for themselves, ordering the cop off their property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLdoZMnmhs&feature=player_embedded#at=13

It would be nice if the police themselves understood better how they are part of a necessary tyranny. How they are necessary bad guys in the overall American scheme for a better quality and happy life. Their understanding of this and their understanding that their numbers should be limited is one factor which helped this nation become a great one. In other words, I'm sure there are police officers who already understand this. At the same time, there should be constant diligence to educate officers on how they are supposed to be serving as a necessary tyranny.
Funny thing is, most members in this forum don't understand this concept even though they appear to.
Necessary tyranny. Think about it. Our Founders didn't go about settin up a perfect Union; but, they set up a more perfect Union which means the idea of perfection is on one hand unapproachable and yet on the other forever obtainable.

Carson
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
On another note. If I was holding an open garage sale, I would hope the police felt free to join in. I may not feel compelled to answer questions on attempts to further unconstitutional excursions, still I would hope we could communicate in a manor that the exchange didn't get confrontational.

After all, at the point in the video when we get involve they had already had their suspicions answered with out saying a word. It would have been nice for things to move along the lines of their more personal interest and maybe made a sale.

They do have the worst job there is. Pretty much a lot of their life is devoted to watching for the worst in people. If I was doing it I imagine I would even find myself praying to find things. How sad is that?

On the other hand is a chance at a life where you go through it seeing the good in things.

Everything and everyone contains both.

Every chance we get we should be trying to cut them some slack...not that a good battle at times can't be entertaining...for both parties!

I could have passed on this one.

Origanalist
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
At the same time, there should be constant diligence to educate officers on how they are supposed to be serving as a necessary tyranny.

But that is not what is happening, is it?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
On another note. If I was holding an open garage sale, I would hope the police felt free to join in. I may not feel compelled to answer questions on attempts to further unconstitutional excursions, still I would hope we could communicate in a manor that the exchange didn't get confrontational.

After all, at the point in the video when we get involve they had already had their suspicions answered with out saying a word. It would have been nice for things to move along the lines of their more personal interest and maybe made a sale.

They do have the worst job there is. Pretty much a lot of their life is devoted to watching for the worst in people. If I was doing it I imagine I would even find myself praying to find things. How sad is that?

On the other hand is a chance at a life where you go through it seeing the good in things.

Every chance we get we should be trying to cut them some slack...not that a good battle at times can't be entertaining...for both parties!

That police officer was going to feel content on sticking around if the lady had not insisted making it clear that he should leave. When she insisted, he left the property. Actually, he kind of lazy assed it off the property. They were standing on the shared easement owned that is jointly owned by the property owner and the state. But they weren't getting off the property with enough zeal in my opinion.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-04-2012, 01:44 PM
But that is not what is happening, is it?

Indeed, most police officers don't recognize that they are serving as necessary bad guys, necessary tyranny, or a necessary evil. As most of us do, we like to think we are the good guys.

CaptainAmerica
Lets say that the owner had a shotgun and a pistol on them for self defense purposes on their own private property...what if the cop then decided that the private property owner was selling the shotgun and pistol (when the owner was infact just arming themselves from possible thieves).......

Origanalist

But they weren't there to "join in". They were there because someone said they were selling guns and immediately started searching through things without a warrant.

Origanalist
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Indeed, most police officers don't recognize that they are serving as necessary bad guys, necessary tyranny, or a necessary evil. As most of us do, we like to think we are the good guys.

I have no doubt most of them think of themselves as the good guys, the problem is that they are being immersed in the doctrine that they are the ONLY good guys and the general public is at best suspect, at worst we're terrorists.

Carson
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
That police officer was going to feel content on sticking around if the lady had not insisted making it clear that he should leave. When she insisted, he left the property. Actually, he kind of lazy assed it off the property. They were standing on the shared easement owned that is jointly owned by the property owner and the state. But they weren't getting off the property with enough zeal in my opinion.

I see your point.

I think he may have been sticking because of the push and shove confrontation. Police are not immune from the natural tendency when pushed to resist.

I've met some that have been bigger than most of us to control the urge. I guess it came through experience for them. I think many also understand our natural tendencies and forgive us or cut us a little slack.

CaptUSA
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Be a good American and mind your own f*cking business.I may be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe the people either called themselves or had someone do it.

This in no way excuses these cops. In fact, I have to hand it to these folks if they did do this. Set up an easy scene to catch the cops doing what they always do.

Carson
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
P.S. If you ever see me show up at your garage sale dressed in a uniform, exclaiming, "I heard you had guns for sale?", it would have just been an act of desperation trying to get there first to get a deal.

But then who sells their guns at a garage sale? I mean really?

Nastynate
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Policy wasn't followed... they forgot raid 101, go into the property with a drawn weapon

Go to 1:58 of the video, the cop had a hand on his gun ready to draw on these people. Could of got dirty real quick if a dog would of barked or some kid was running in his general direction.

Romulus
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe the people either called themselves or had someone do it.

This in no way excuses these cops. In fact, I have to hand it to these folks if they did do this. Set up an easy scene to catch the cops doing what they always do.

Yeah I'd say you're wrong.

Petar
07-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe the people either called themselves or had someone do it.

My guess is that "Cop Block" probably called the cops on themselves in order to create a scene that would suit their activities.

Also, I think that if you have a sale that is open to the public, then that also includes police.

Granted, the officer should have left the moment that he was instructed to, and in an ideal situation where the second amendment was followed, police would not even be investigating firearm sales to begin with.

jbauer
07-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm kind of with you on this one. The lawyer/student gun guy last week was much better. Here the folks with the garage sale were in it for a confrantation. I like to see cops put in their place, I just think here it was a bit over blown.

Czolgosz
07-05-2012, 03:09 PM

That's because there are hardly any Americans who live here.

Pericles
07-05-2012, 03:12 PM
IIRC, CA may have some state law that requires firearm sales to me made only via a FFL, which would have contributed to this case.

The lesson being that when some idiot get a dumb ass law passed, the police department thinks it then has something to do.