PDA

View Full Version : Where would we be now if RP had've kept doing the speeches?

febo
07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Seems so long ago watching those incredible videos of those huge crowds.
They were contradicted by the voting but they were just as real, in a way just as difficult to ignore.
And all that international support - Obama and Romney could never dream of that.
I'm looking at Elektable (needs more edits and more RP content) right now and well, RP is looking soo good in hindsight (yes, we are in the hindsight zone already), it just makes me wonder ...
ooh it makes me wonder

LibertyEagle
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I am really hoping he gets back out there soon and starts speaking again.

muzzled dogg
07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Especially since the campaign is sitting on like $3.3M

febo
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Even if Ron is tired he could still be doing say one every 2 weeks ....

jbauer
07-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Not sure it would have made much difference. For most people the presidential campaign has been done for months. Its not like the media reported he was drawing crowds before why would they now?

affa
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
tired, old thread with defeatist attitude slyly criticizing the campaign and trying to foster an attitude of 'oh, well' is... ineffectual.

CPUd
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't forget, he still has to do his day job.

Badger Paul
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
The fecklessness of the Romney campaign is really starting to irritate and concern conservatives and Tea Partiers. This would be a grand opportunity to score points on Romney and broaden our support with those concerned Romney is just another McCain/Bush/Dole. But the "officials" capitulated because they thought Romney Victory Special Train was leaving the station and wanted to get on board. Now what? Do you want to jump off? Not with Rand and Trgvye (no need to mention Olson's sock puppet) still riding the caboose. That's why Ron isn't doing any more speeches, sadly.

QWDC
07-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Nowhere special in terms of RP getting elected. That being said, I would love to see a RP lecture series/tour of the nation (probably of colleges) in the coming years, if for nothing else, to drum up and organize activist support for 2014 congressional elections and beyond. If he wants to call it a day, retire, and never speak again, though, who has the right to say anything about it? The progress of liberty is going to have to happen without RP to rally around, unfortunately.

Okie RP fan
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
We gave them $850,000+ last money bomb, and if you ask me, they should have kept him on a nation-wide awakening tour. They should have passed out literature at every rally.

AJ Antimony
07-04-2012, 01:32 AM
And all that international support - Obama and Romney could never dream of that.

Fact check, Obama can.

http://unitedyouthcouncil.org/uyc/wp-content/gallery/photos/200k_berlin_germany.jpg

Germany 2008

febo
07-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Fact check, Obama can.

Germany 2008

Point taken but I don't think you'd see that today.

febo
07-04-2012, 01:55 AM
tired, old thread with defeatist attitude slyly criticizing the campaign and trying to foster an attitude of 'oh, well' is... ineffectual.

What I'm asking is - why didn't he keep it up with the speeches?
I only get disppointing answers when I think about it...

In the same vein -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJf2p2zqIb4&feature=g-all-u

chudrockz
07-04-2012, 05:21 AM
The grammar in this thread title is awful.

wgadget
07-04-2012, 05:33 AM
Ron Paul is a freedom-loving terrorist, says the DHS.

Now roll over.

PaulConventionWV
07-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Seems so long ago watching those incredible videos of those huge crowds.
They were contradicted by the voting but they were just as real, in a way just as difficult to ignore.
I'm looking at Elektable (needs more edits and more RP content) right now and well, RP is looking soo good in hindsight (yes, we are in the hindsight zone already), it just makes me wonder ...
ooh it makes me wonder

"had've" does not exist in the English language. "Had" would have been a completely satisfactory word.

romancito
07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
"had've" does not exist in the English language. "Had" would have been a completely satisfactory word.

It does exist now, since you have acknowledged its existence. What doesn't exist are the speeches that Ron Paul should have kept giving the university students at their different state campus locations.

The only one that has had a defeatist attitude has been Ron Paul himself. He is the one that decided to run for President but suddenly quit against his own promises of not doing so and against the expectations of his movement.

I am sorry about the unexpected unfulfilled expectations that we have received from Dr. Paul and the Ron Paul campaign. We all gave generously on the expectation that the campaign would go all the way. We knew from the beginning that a candidate like Ron Paul had to run longer and deeper than one of the more populist types like Santorum or Gingrich.

Carson
07-04-2012, 10:40 AM
It isn't so much where Ron Paul would be at. It seems to me is where would "We the People" be.

Every one of those rallies brought the people together and made them aware of themselves, to themselves and other. We are a force that can no longer be denied. It showed the media to be unreliable in their reporting. You can ignore reality only so long.

Personally I was hoping we would break the stigma that has gripped the global stifling of the voices for justice and freedom. We made huge inroads. Maybe in actuality we have already made it over the top and now it is all down hill in releasing the grip we've allowed over ourselves through allowing the counterfeiting of the money supply.

I heard someone the other day say that the counterfeiters are like vampires and can't stand the light of day.

Anyway, I saw the people realize that what the television said everyone believed, wasn't what we all believed, once we shook the spell we were under back in the sixties. I can feel the awakening again.

It is a beautiful thing to behold.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/15hippy1.jpg

erowe1
07-04-2012, 10:43 AM

You have a short memory. Do a Google image search of "Obama Berlin" some time.

Carson
07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Now with hind site and seeing that the college men and women do take a break in the Summer. Who'd a thunk?

I'm thinking we still have a chance to rally the globe.

Besides...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNihdGBu8k

Carson
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Fact check, Obama can.

h p://unitedyouthcouncil.org/uyc/wp-content/gallery/photos/200k_berlin_germany.jpg

Germany 2008

With the ability of their masters to control the counterfeiting, there are no limit to the size of the crowd a dollar can buy. Just don't forget the price we all pay.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/newbegining/1572161671_58177f360a.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/newbegining/IMG_2187.JPG

I would venture to say that the crowds for Ron Paul paid their own way in large part. They are the kind of men and women that can be trusted with your good stuff...

like a constitution.

P.S. And the Ron Paul men and women got there by word of mouth and Internet. Darn Hippies! :) That's the way it was done in the sixties. Except for the Internet part. And failing to mention the comedians... and musicians.

qh4dotcom
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Point taken but I don't think you'd see that today.

Of course you could see that again....that's why millions of his brainwashed supporters are going to screw up again and vote for him again next November.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Fact check, Obama can.

Germany 2008That was before they realized he was promoting himself as something he is not.

febo
07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm waiting for someone to pick up on the beginning of the Stephan Molyneaux vid I posted where he says that Rand told Ron that he was endorsing romney on Hannity only 30mins beforehand....

jmdrake
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
The rallies were nice, but what was the point? Seriously? I wish Ron Paul had taken a page from Louis Farrakhan and the million man march. At the march they "passed the hat" and got everyone there to donate on the spot. Imagine if at each Rally, Ron Paul had one liberty candidate from that state to give a short speech, then Ron said "Today we are going to take up a collection for this candidate. Volunteers are in the crowds now passing out donation envelopes. And if you can volunteer to help this fine candidate mark that on your envelop as well along with contact information. On to liberty!" That's what should have happened. Sadly it didn't. :(

AJ Antimony
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
What I'm asking is - why didn't he keep it up with the speeches?

Why should he? Also, what makes you think the speeches are over?

He was running for president during an active campaign. A significant number of states hadn't voted yet, many hadn't elected delegates yet, and he had the money to travel and give campaign speeches. Giving the speeches RIGHT NOW would be a waste of money since all the attention is on Obama/Romney.

He didn't only give speeches in 2008 and 2012. He went to many universities during the in between years representing CFL, and I imagine he will continue to do that in the future. If he ONLY retires from Congress, then I expect him to stay active with CFL, raise money, and give speeches wherever he is invited.

RonPaul4Prez2012
07-04-2012, 12:40 PM
A college tour would be good but I think he needs to hit up the retirement communities as well. Those people need the most work because they are brainwashed the most and don't access the real info on the internet.