PDA

View Full Version : on the road from ohio to chicago.

mstrmac1
11-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I have been talkin to people tonight in Chicago and they still have no idea who Ron Paul is. I talked w/ them and told them what he stood for and asked why they havent heard of him? After tellin them what he stood for.. every single persons eyes lit up w/ hope. In the end they all said its worthless to even try. How can we change their views on voting for someone that cant win? As emotional as I am about him winning it seems like a lost cause! I am so dissapointed. It is sad!

krott5333
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
don't give up hope.

keep spreading the message. Urge people to vote their conscious, not the "lesser of evils"..

push the importance of the primaries.

spread the message of teaparty07.com and december 16th.

never give up.

Regretting not doing something is the worst feeling in the world.. that is why I keep driving myself more into debt to help Ron Paul. money comes, money goes.

ronpaulitician
11-17-2007, 12:15 AM
We'll get there.

My wife called me today at work. "Some guy came into my sis's art gallery, looking at their work, and was talking to everyone about Ron Paul. And two people are her work said they were going to vote for her." My sister-in-law is an artist, and also waitresses at a restaurant.

December 16th will give us another big boost. A great finish in the New Hampshire primary will follow, and then we'll be well on our way of changing the future of these United States.

mstrmac1
11-17-2007, 12:16 AM
I will never give up... but it shows us what were up against. Lets go goddamit! This is our last hope!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-17-2007, 12:16 AM
you gotta think: would these people be voting anyway? probably not

mavtek
11-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I try to talk to 30-40 people about Ron Paul every week. Only 2 or 3 have even heard of him. I'm not going to give up, I'm going to keep going. I think my meetup and I will have to get one of those PAC radio ads run around here quite often. I think we should do it soon.

mstrmac1
11-17-2007, 12:18 AM
you gotta think: would these people be voting anyway? probably not

Thats the point we need them to vote, to win!!!

Paul4Prez
Remind them that over 36,000 people gave Ron Paul $4.3 million in one day. Does that sound like a serious candidate?

Remind them that voter turnout in the primaries is really, really low. Even if Ron Paul never polls above 10%, he could win easily if we just registered and showed up to vote.

Remind them that nothing will change, unless they change what they are doing.

ronpaulitician
And remember, Llepard's USA Today ad will run next week.

me3
11-17-2007, 12:19 AM
@OP, It's not a lost cause. The early primary states are the ones that can propel this campaign to the national stage

But you do have a point, and it is that there is still a lot of work to do on the ground.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Thats the point we need them to vote, to win!!!

uh yeah. that's the best part of grassroots, you draw in people that normally wouldn't be voting in these primaries, and the pollsters are only polling 04 GOP voters, right?

DealzOnWheelz
11-17-2007, 12:25 AM
my favorite quote is from the great wayne gretzky

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Bradley in DC
11-17-2007, 12:31 AM
This is the reason for Dr. Paul's low standing in the scientific polls. We have lots of work to do.

mstrmac1
11-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Then maybe we need a new thread on what you did today to get the message out!

i.e.- posted signs on route 2
- wrote letters to undecided voters in Iowa
- became a delegate
- posted an ad in a paper
- etc...

Im not saying that we dont do those things already.. but we need to her of action... and sometimes i feel like we just sit in this chat room talking about takin action

" there is a ocean between saying and doing" - I dont know

Benaiah
11-17-2007, 01:01 AM
I've been spending 1 - 2 hours a day passing out slim jims and standing on the corner with a sign.

We have 70,000 meetup members but it seems like only 1/10th get off the Internet to spread the word. If everyone would just spend a few hours a week getting out, that would help.

mstrmac1
11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I've been spending 1 - 2 hours a day passing out slim jims and standing on the corner with a sign.

We have 70,000 meetup members but it seems like only 1/10th get off the Internet to spread the word. If everyone would just spend a few hours a week getting out, that would help.

We need to start some type of site, thread or domain on what each of us did to take action today. I feel alot of hot air here in the chat room.

What did you do today!

"there is an ocean between saying and doing" - I dont know