PDA

View Full Version : Banking scandal: how document trail reveals global scam

riviera1992
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/30/banking-scandal-barclays-lawsuits-libor

Excerpt:
[It is understood at least 16 banks in addition to Barclays are being investigated. Inquiries into alleged market manipulation are being carried out in the UK, the US, Japan, Canada, the European Union and Singapore and involve nine government agencies.

The lawsuit filed by Charles Schwab against a number of banks including Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds and RBS, whose chief executive Stephen Hester is under fire over June's IT problems that left customers unable to withdraw cash, shines light on the scale of the alleged scandal.

Schwab's lawyers hired independent experts to examine the banks' trades during the "critical two-week period following the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers".]...

...[Bureau of investigators want to determine whether the banks conspired to fix derivative interest rates, a major form of market manipulation. According to the affidavit, one bank which has turned whistleblower and agreed to help the Canadian authorities with its investigation, the banks "communicated with each other... to form agreements..." which "was done for the purpose of benefiting trading positions".]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will never be a better time in history to pass the Ron Paul Audit the Fed bill. Call your senators.

Kylie
07-02-2012, 10:05 PM
It's a good start.

Somebody is finally trying to hold someone accountable for this epic fuck up.

riviera1992
07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
[Consumers have been looking for alternatives to the mainstream banks to protest about the revelation that Barclays traders conspired to fix a key interest rate over a number of years; and the IT chaos that left millions of RBS customers unable to access their accounts]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jul/07/big-five-bank-customers-anger

I can't wait for next month when I'll be able to close my Chase bank account without penalty and tell them I don't do business with financial terrorist like Jamie Dimon. Sayonara!