PDA

View Full Version : I'm a NJ Liberty Candidate in Vital Local Race - Just Started ChipIn for my Summer Push

chris41336
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Hello rest of RPF!

Some of you may or may not remember some of this intro I am about to say, but:

My name is Chris Hackett, and I am a Paul supporter and Liberty Candidate running for a local race in Union Township, NJ for the position of Township Committee (as well as already being a County Committeeman). In Union, we don't directly elect a mayor. We elect a five-member Township Committee who then elects a mayor themselves (or in the current state, rotates the position of mayor since they are al Democrats). Township Committee is, therefore, the highest position you can run for in town.

I am running as a Republican candidate, and I am actually very friendly with the municipal chairman in town. (He even, to my glee, called Ron Paul an "elder statesman" at one point!) But the party in this town is weak and fragmented. They have little to no infrastructure and even less money, and as such the Democrats have won every single position in the Township Committee for over 15 years. Since I have started running, the GOP in town is becoming more unified around my message, and coalescing around me because of my youth and new ideas. Me, a Paul supporter (albeit a partially hidden one), getting the GOP base in the town to rally around ME. I am very excited about this.

So, why does this matter long term? Union Township is a frontline township in a frontline county here in NJ. Union County is relatively evenly split between the Democrats and Republicans on the municipal levels, with a wide variety of wealth throughout it (even though the county itself is all Democrat run). The chairman has made it very clear that if I can win a position on the Union Township Committee, as a Republican, for the first time in over 15 years, that it will make a HUGE splash and that the county GOP WILL take notice and start to utilize my methods and listen to my views because clearly that is how they will start to win back the county. If I can be at the forefront of that, we can start to have a "liberty-based" GOP right here in NJ, even if it is only one County's worth. I've been told be many desperate Republicans on the inside that I have a "very bright future in the party." That is a good sign for liberty here IF I can prove i can win.

Thus, why I am here. The GOP in town has very little money (although the chairman has already given me $200 of his own money, which is already gone.) Needless to say, I will need good money to challenge the Democratic machine we have in town, and reach out to the independents and Democrats who I know I can get on my side. I verified with the NJ ELEC that Paypal is a suitable method of accepting payments (lol), so I have started a ChipIn which I would be honored if anyone here would donate to. The money you guys give towards this ChipIn if you choose to will go towards labels to wrap around water bottles and squirt bottles with "Hackett for Township Committee" on them, both of which to be used throughout events in the summer and the Fall, and also towards mailers. I was hoping to get the ChipIn set up earlier than this week so that the money could go towards my July 4th push, but I had to verify with ELEC that I could legally raise money this way.

I don't know how to embed the widget, but the ChipIn link is:

Hackett for Township Committee Summer Push ChipIn (http://hackettfortownshipcommittee.chipin.com/township-committee-race-summer-push)

Any help would go a long way. I appreciate even the thought in advanced.

Thanks everyone, sorry for the wall of text,

Christopher Hackett

FSP-Rebel
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
It's great that you're incorporating the water bottle tactic, that helps more than some realize especially with non-involved voters. Anyway, started you off with a little.

chris41336
07-02-2012, 10:32 AM
It's great that you're incorporating the water bottle tactic, that helps more than some realize especially with non-involved voters. Anyway, started you off with a little.

+rep! Thank you so much my friend.

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for stepping up - Kicked in $20

Michael E, you just completed your payment.
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5YB048268...

I'm glad to see the $200 local donation mentioned. Has the party shared any lists with you yet? Are you calling through the lists and personally asking for donations?

While I'm glad to help a bit from afar, my experience sees more bang for the buck from local donors in regards to downticket races.

chris41336
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for stepping up - Kicked in $20

I'm glad to see the $200 local donation mentioned. Has the party shared any lists with you yet? Are you calling through the lists and personally asking for donations?

While I'm glad to help a bit from afar, my experience sees more bang for the buck from local donors in regards to downticket races.

I have the list for the Republican voters in my district, as well as a list of all Republican voters who have voted in the last 3/4 and 4/4 primaries. This helped alot during the primary (which I won), but isn't too helpful now since most Republicans wil be voting for me anyway.

magoo7042
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Donated!!

Transaction ID: 7b70e42b1bacd0fb
Contribution Amount: $10.00
Contribution Date: July 2, 2012 7:33 PM UTC

chris41336
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
bump .... now this is what we need more of

Thank you!

I've been advocating people running on these forums for a while now. Hopefully any successes I have can encourage even more people!

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I have the list for the Republican voters in my district, as well as a list of all Republican voters who have voted in the last 3/4 and 4/4 primaries. This helped alot during the primary (which I won), but isn't too helpful now since most Republicans wil be voting for me anyway.

Great! Still wondering if you have used the lists specifically for raising funds? In my experience, donor types take candidates who ask them for donations much more seriously as a candidate...

chris41336
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Great! Still wondering if you have used the lists specifically for raising funds? In my experience, donor types take candidates who ask them for donations much more seriously as a candidate...

One of the mailers I am going to send using the funds from this ChipIn is a donation mailer, as a follow up to the primary voters who got my first mailer in the Primary and I got GREAT responses to. I still have people calling me about it! The way I worded it also alows me plenty of wiggle room to ask for donations in a follow up too.

Nirvikalpa
07-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Are you going to go door-to-door? Fowarded this to a couple of liberty people I know in Union. If they can't give any cash, at least you get the vote :)

kathy88
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Here's another $20. Wish I could do more at the moment.

Kathy, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4NM92919109217050.

Good luck to you. I grew up in Monmouth County.

chris41336
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Are you going to go door-to-door? Fowarded this to a couple of liberty people I know in Union. If they can't give any cash, at least you get the vote :)

Thank you!

I will eventually be going door to door. For now, I will be at the Union Township 4th of July activities, if they are interested in coming to see me =)

chris41336
07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Update: I have raised 12% so far! $60! Thank you so much everyone who has been so generous =).

To be more open about where the funds are going, here is a small flow chart for where the money you donate will be going:

First $100-$150: Going towards mailers towards supporters in town for donations.
Anything over $150 up until 300-$350: Used for water bottle labels.

Wish me luck campaigning on the 4th tomorrow!

Chris

Aratus
07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
good luck, chris!!!!
here's a ID4 bump!

chris41336
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
good luck, chris!!!!
here's a ID4 bump!

+rep. Thank you!

Had a GREAT 4th of July event tonight! I was handing out free flags and information, people seemed very interested and VERY angry at the current TOwnship Committee.
Thanks everyone for your help so far, and I hope that it will get even better!:D

Freespeech468
07-05-2012, 12:48 AM
YAY NJ!!!!

OMG NJ needs Liberty Candidates like CRAZZZYY!!! Democrats are Everywhere becuz of the Neo-Cons that ruled before us. If only they can see what The Republican Party is becoming they would help us.

Go NJ!

Your receipt number for this payment is: 2814-7084-3864-4767.

chris41336
07-05-2012, 07:52 AM
YAY NJ!!!!

OMG NJ needs Liberty Candidates like CRAZZZYY!!! Democrats are Everywhere becuz of the Neo-Cons that ruled before us. If only they can see what The Republican Party is becoming they would help us.

Go NJ!

Your receipt number for this payment is: 2814-7084-3864-4767.

+rep! Thank you for your generous support.

NJ is in desperate need of some liberty, I'm glad others in our fine state agree.

chris41336
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Update: I made the news today!

http://www.nj.com/suburbannews/index.ssf/2012/07/union_gop_township_committee_c.html

Union Republican Township Committee candidate Christopher Hackett has unveiled his plan for the municipality. Claiming that the “quality of life in town is no longer reflected by the amount of taxes that we pay,” Hackett has taken issue with what he says is the “inability of the current Township Committee to react sufficiently to the changes that have occurred in our town over the past fifteen years.” The plan is divided into three main parts:

1. Freezing Annual Tax Increases

2. Revitalizing Union Center

3. Expanding Union’s Relationship With Kean University

Keeping taxes low is a mainstay of most Republican platforms, but Hackett says in Union, it isn’t just about party line – it’s about principle.

Nirvikalpa
07-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Chris, campaign on the NJ.com Union forums. tons of people there.

http://www.nj.com/forums/uniontwp/

Mr. Perfidy
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
There isn't an excessively meddlesome process that interferes with collection of donations for political purposes online?

You mean as a Camden County Commiteeman, I can just tell you guys what I want to do if I had money, and I can just collect it? I got moves to make and no dollars to do them.

chris41336
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
UPDATE: Was in the news again on NJ.com!

http://www.nj.com/suburbannews/index.ssf/2012/07/chris_hackett_of_union_calls_f.html

Township Committee Candidate Chris Hackett from Union has taken a stand on the issue of red-light cameras and called flat-out for their abolition. Claiming that our roads are not made any safer by their presence, he has called them overly costly investments which have done nothing due to State action. Even if they had been making the town money, he says it is inexcusable and has called the system a “sneaky way of sucking more money from the residents of Union and other towns in NJ.”

Chip-In is still going forward for those interested!

Nirvikalpa
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
BUMP :D