PDA

View Full Version : On our horizon? Breathalyzer tests compulsory on all vehicles in France.

phill4paul
07-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Seems like some lobby is set to make some big bucks. I can easily see this implemented in the U.S.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/breathalyzer-tests-compulsory-vehicles-france-162910224.html

All vehicles travelling on French roads must carry a chemical or electronic breathalyzer test beginning Sunday, under new rules aimed at reducing alcohol-driven accidents.
"Alcohol has been the main cause of mortality on roads since 2006," according to road security authorities.
About a third of fatalities on French roads is due to drink driving, a rate that far surpasses the 17 percent recorded in Britain or 10 percent in Germany.
According to a survey published Sunday, just over half of respondents -- 57 percent -- said they have yet to equip their vehicles with breathalyzer tests.
Those who fail to do so risk a fine of 11 euros ($14) from November 1, 2012, when the penalty comes into force.
Drivers are split over the measure.
"I find it absurd to be booked for that. But it's the law, so I'll be subject to it," said Hamou Louachiche, 38, who still does not have a test in his car.
He believes that such tests would be more useful in bars or nightclubs.
Others however welcome the measure, saying it would reduce drink driving.

Stock up now on Amazon....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathalyzer-France-Certified-French/dp/B007G4YX9M

Product Description
1 x Alcosense single tube and blow bag.

It is recommended that you purchase in multiples of 2 x blow tubes, as you should always have an 'unused' device in your car to comply with French law. If you use one tube to test yourself, or break or lose one (they are small !) and do not have a 'spare', then you will be illegal and liable to a fine

Shortly, all vehicles driving in France will be required to have a breathalyser on board. In order to comply it is ESSENTIAL that the breathalyzer complies with French Law and is NF (French Laboratory) approved. If you do not have a breathalyser you will be liable for a fine.

There are only 2 x types of breathalyzer tubes carrying French NF Approval. There are numerous sellers now pushing non approved, non compliant breathalyser tubes, using phrases that lead the customer into believing that they will be legal to use in France - BEWARE ! - it MUST carry French NF approval to comply with the law. All our tubes are completely compliant and we are an established professional alcohol testing supply company.

These single use tubes are easy to use and accurate enough for many Worldwide Police Forces (France, Italy, Spain, USA, Brazil) as an initial roadside screening device for alcohol.

Given that there are 3 million + UK cars travel through France every year, demand will be very high and the tubes in short supply - Pre Order your approved and certified official NF Breathalyser tube today - and don't get caught out !

brandon
07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Seems like it would be incredibly easy to circumvent. And I don't mean just having a friend blow for you, which is obvious. I bet there's already dozens of French articles going around explaining how to deactivate them in a manner that's undetectable to authority.

brandon
07-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Actually after reading the article again it doesn't sound like you actually ever have to use the breathalyzer. You just need to have on in your car. What the hell is the point of this?

phill4paul
07-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Actually after reading the article again it doesn't sound like you actually ever have to use the breathalyzer. You just need to have on in your car. What the hell is the point of this?

I think it is to shift the cost off of the government. Also, I could see it as a leverage in a D.U.I. case saying that individuals have no excuse for driving under the influence. Mostly I see successful lobbyists.

Edit: In fact this article claims exactly that...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/france-orders-driver-carry-breathalyzer-kits-cars-article-1.1106213

The requirement is seen by some as a way for the two companies in France that manufacture breathalyzers to line their pockets.
The president of one anti-drunk driving lobby group, I-Test, also works for the breathalyzer manufacturer Contralco, French newspaper Sud Ouest reported last week.
President Daniel Orgeval didn’t deny pushing heavily for the legislation.
“If this is lobbying, then I say yes, because we lobbied for road safety and for road users,” Orgeval told Europe 1 radio. “And if it helps create jobs for a French company, then so much the better.”

Cripes, American L.E. are already chomping at the bit...

If the requirement proves successful in France, some law enforcement officials in the United States said mandatory breathalyzers in cars could be taken for a spin here.
“If they were mandatory in every vehicle, the roads would be safer, there’s no doubt about that,” Capt. Ted Richardson, of the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office in South Carolina, told FoxCarolina.com.

tod evans
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Butting into others business is a lucrative endeavor.

Look for mobile saliva analyzers before much longer........Linked to big brothers pharmacy records.....Ate an extra pill for your allergies?

Guilty of impaired driving...

Nicotine in your saliva, kid in their "state approved" seat.......Guilty of tobacco use with a minor in the car....

Best part is the ability to shut down unapproved vehicles by satellite...

Revolution9
07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't drink. I resent being monitored for such activity. I will not attach any tech to my vehicle for said monitoring. They can kiss my royal ass blue for all I care. Same with Obamacare. I don't want it and ain't paying for it. I am Canadian. I can go to Canada anytime I want and get healthcare which I never need.

Rev9

Brian4Liberty
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Yeah, it appears that these are single use devices. So you need to have one in case the Police pull you over, and then they say, OK, pull out your tube and blow. Next up, everyone must carry handcuffs and a taser, in case the Police need to subdue and arrest you. :rolleyes:

phill4paul
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, it appears that these are single use devices. So you need to have one in case the Police pull you over, and then they say, OK, pull out your tube and blow. Next up, everyone must carry handcuffs and a taser, in case the Police need to subdue and arrest you. :rolleyes:

I can see it now. Dealerships can offer 'free ones.' This country will not be spared until corporate lobbyists are driven from the halls.

Anti Federalist
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
If I'm understanding this right, it's not an electronic device that will not allow a start without a test?

Don't worry tho', that is on it's way.

phill4paul
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
If I'm understanding this right, it's not an electronic device that will not allow a start without a test?

Don't worry tho', that is on it's way.

No, it does not control the ignition. Which simply leads me to believe it is all about lobbying by the manufacturers. I'm sure we will be seeing this here soon. It is MADDs wet dream. The 'foot in the door' for an ignition switch.