PDA

View Full Version : How impious is the title of sacred majesty applied to a worm, who in the midst...

Reason
07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Food 4 thought from my book tonight...

"The heathens paid divine honours to their deceased kings, and the Christian world hath improved on the plan by doing the same to their living ones. How impious is the title of sacred majesty applied to a worm, who in the midst of his splendour is crumbling into dust."

Should worship of the state and the respective statists' at the very least be considered idolatry of morality if not idolatry of a divine creator?

I am often sickened by the nationalistic fervor that now runs rampant within many mainstream so called places of worship.

Tonight I read "I SAMUEL 8" from the bible & found it quite interesting to see such a deep warning to man about the horrific nature of government...

Thoughts?

noxagol
07-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Many people worship the state as a god. Many people also believe that because the government does useful things, such as build roads and infrastructure, that NO ONE ELSE PERIOD could do so. They truly are small minded people.