PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: The Liberal Mindset

TNforPaul45
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the following with you. A girl that I used to work with on a Democratic campaign in TN is running for the State Senate there, as a Democrat of course. These are just a sampling of her Facebook/Campaign posts that I wanted to share. Read them carefully, and try not to let your brain short-circuit as you try to follow the logic behind some of them:

Reading this makes me even more determined to involve myself positively and politically in our society's decisions. My son, and the generations to come, deserve a future.
NBC Meteorologist On Record Heat Wave: ‘If We Did Not Have Global Warming, We Wouldn’t See This’

(http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/06/30/509246/nbc-meteorologist-on-record-heat-wave-if-we-didnt-have-global-warming-we-wouldnt-see-this/)

I'm glad we are changing our health care system. It will make our country healthier and our economy stronger. And if you help elect me, I'll work to make sure Tennessee joins in, and shares in this positive change.

On this next one, notice how "Step 3" directly conflicts with "Step 1" and she doesn't even realize it:

The Affordable Care Act is all about personal responsibility. Step 1: If an individual is irresponsible enough NOT to get health insurance, We the People aren't going to give them a free ride anymore. Step 2: We the People take responsibility to ensure that companies who promise a service, deliver that service. If they didn't here comes your rebate, consumers! Step 3: If an American cannot afford to buy their own health insurance, We the People will step up and make sure that no one in our great nation has to die or suffer needlessly, while others across town can afford care. Our entire nation needs to be healthy and strong in today's world!

Fighting for government subsidies for Renewable energy, she rails against government subsidies against regular energy:

Why do huge, massively profitable fossil fuel cartels get hand-outs from our middle class taxes? It's time for big corporations to get their hands off our government and out of our pockets. I'll stand up for the middle class- people who work hard and play by the rules.

Last one, talking about a Tennessee law that will extend "murder" charges to unborn embryos (Anti-Abortion). Apparently, stopping abortion will "hammer a wedge" between "natural allies, mother and child" :

Again, common sense suffers under the suspect GOP agenda. Is this legislation ultimately meant to hammer a wedge between natural allies, the mother and unborn child? It is horrible to me to think that under the guise of protection, this law could be used to remove a woman's inalienable right to make decisions about her own body and health. This law should have nothing to do with the reality that women have the right and responsibility to control their own reproductivity. If the goal is to protect children, we can only do so by supporting women who may someday chose to become mothers.

There are so many more. . . ugh.

tod evans
07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
When "knowledge" is obtained through indoctrination, and opinions are formed from sound-bites this is the result.

Pauls' Revere
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I run into this as well,

If only this, so lets do that, by coercion through governmental powers.

Kylie
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Hypocrisy abounds in that womans statements.

It amazes me that they can't see the fallacies of their logic. We can see them clear as day.

What really sucks is they have the power of the .gov behind them, we don't.