PDA

View Full Version : Obama Supporters Deface Ron Paul Sign:

Patriot123
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Figured I'd post this up, some might find it interesting! There's a photo that goes along with this as well on the blog. I included a bit of opinion as well, for anyone who cares to read it. It's not that big of a deal--people will be people, but it's the point I get at in the blog post that I think is important. Definitely would like some opinions on this! Link to the blog post is below:

http://theprincipledpragmatist.com/obama-supporters-deface-ron-paul-sign

The article basically makes the point that we just try to find differences between one another, and not similarities. We don't look for common ground, which we should. And how Obama supporters going around and defacing Ron Paul signs isn't going to exactly win them any friends.

The Goat
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe Obama supporter are smarter than we give them credit for. at least they know who the real threat is and its not Romney.

Patriot123
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
That, or they just like poking their opponents in the eye. One of the two, lol. It takes someone really very low to do that, though. I don't care if you're Republican, a Democrat or a libertarian, to do that to a campaign sign is just low, and shows how immature you are.

BucksforPaul
06-30-2012, 11:34 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised by these Obama supporters' actions considering their lack of respect for private property.

liberdom
06-30-2012, 11:40 PM
hardly different than Ron Paul people sticking stickers on opponent signs.

satchelmcqueen
07-01-2012, 12:31 AM
my jeep liberty has a giant ron paul for prez window sticker on the back and 2 just like it, smaller, on the 2 side windows as well as a rp 2012 tag up front. i had an old lady in a car with an obama sticker look at me like i was a killer when i passed her. i laughed.

Patriot123
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Well of course, like I write, we do it, too. The point I make, though, is that this really has got to stop. The act of putting stickers on a sign is trivial. The greater point that's made is that we're so set on attacking one another that we seldom try to learn from each others points of view. We just resort to childish things like this. Or alternatively, some people just stop talking politics all together, out of fear of "offending" anyone, pfft.

Kluge
07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Seems to me that the entire political process, from buttons worn on lapels, to those styrofoam hats, to all these signs, is turning out to be childish and contrary to a society that has genuinely thoughtful people who should seek out who is running, why and whether they're decent people.

It's all a show.

I guess maybe some people found Ron Paul through signs or whatever, but I think many of us who've stuck to this found him by actually watching a debate. And don't get me started on these pseudo-debates.

jkr
07-01-2012, 08:34 PM
finally

bring
it
on

ShaneEnochs
07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
The strongest emotion I feel about that picture can be summed up by one word.

Meh.

cajuncocoa
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe Obama supporter are smarter than we give them credit for. at least they know who the real threat is and its not Romney.It would be a mistake to make that assumption.