PDA

View Full Version : It's actually a MIRACLE that the military draft was repealed

dude58677
06-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Given that 99.99 percent of the laws and regulations never get repealed even when promised.

surf
06-30-2012, 01:08 PM
-?

LibertyEagle
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Given that 99.99 percent of the laws and regulations never get repealed even when promised.

Not really. They did it for a purpose. If there was a draft, there is no way the American people would be putting up with all this warmongering.

Origanalist
06-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Not really. They did it for a purpose. If there was a draft, there is no way the American people would be putting up with all this warmongering.

Hammer meets nail.

jbuttell
06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
And if they need more troops, you pass another bill. Problem solved.

Dr.3D
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
And if they need more troops, you pass another bill. Problem solved.
Yep, they can do as they please, even if their employers don't like it.

heavenlyboy34
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Not really. They did it for a purpose. If there was a draft, there is no way the American people would be putting up with all this warmongering.Wasn't the draft started to get more bodies for the meat grinder necessary for empire? I'm rusty on that. Thnx.

Dr.3D
06-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Wasn't the draft started to get more bodies for the meat grinder necessary for empire? I'm rusty on that. Thnx.

Yeah, they couldn't get enough volunteers, so they forced people to volunteer. I'm not so rusty on it, because I got drafted for that meat grinder they called the Vietnam Conflict. It didn't seem so much about empire to me, but rather someplace to use up weapons so the military industrial complex could build more and thus make more money.

Xenliad
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd rather take to the wilderness than be a government slave. Jail if I get caught.

truelies
07-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Nah just good politics. The AVF Slay for Pay Military is what makes imperial wars of choice possible.

Karsten
07-01-2012, 04:49 AM
I was hoping for some long, insightful, detailed account on why is was a miracle that the draft was repealed.

Well, there goes that (if it ever was). :rolleyes:

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-01-2012, 05:27 AM
The draft was never repealed. You must all be women since you've never had to fill out the selective service registration. So, this OP needs to be updated to be factually correct.

Yieu
07-01-2012, 05:31 AM
I was hoping for some long, insightful, detailed account on why is was a miracle that the draft was repealed.

Well, there goes that (if it ever was). :rolleyes:

Instead, you got a great analogy regarding the potential of repealing Obamacare or any other law, as well as a demonstration of how difficult it is to 1) repeal laws; and 2) pass laws that increase liberty.

This is why liberty does not work through incrementalism -- tyranny works incrementally because people won't complain until it's too late and too many incremental laws have passed, but it would be harder to pass a law that brings sweeping tyranny, not so much nowadays, but compared to laws that bring incremental tyranny they are harder to pass.

Liberty throughout history is gained by force through leaps and bounds when people finally get sick of the incremental tyranny, and then again begins the sequence of incremental tyranny to cover the distance that was gained in liberty. Look to almost any event in history where liberty was gained, and I think you will find a few months, years, or decades later the incremental tyranny reasserted itself to some degree, in some form.

Liberty is temporal. It only lasts as long as people are vigilent over it.

Voluntarist
07-01-2012, 08:08 AM
xxxxx

HigherVision
07-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Also the point that only men are required to sign up for it needs to be continuously brought up whenever someone starts droning on about 'feminism'.

alucard13mmfmj
07-01-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't think I'd answer the call for war if Obama or Romney called for me.

Maybe Ron Paul, because I know he won't send me into some suicide mission or send me to go die for some jackoff to put gas into his or her Hummer.