PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Thing Just Happened To Me In My Front Yard

coastie
06-29-2012, 11:00 AM
So, where I was standing, it's impossible to see me from the road if you were driving down it. I noticed a car coming down the road-and then I noticed he never re-appeared around what was blocking my view. I walk down towards my driveway to see if he's stopped in front of my house or at my neighbors, and the guy is taking a picture of my RP sign in my front yard, then starts writing something down, visibly shaking his head in "disgust" while doing so- and the guy looks "official"-even driving a Crown Vic with black out windows, nice shirt/pants, didn't notice if he was armed.(I was, of course)

I yelled out, "Hey, can I help you, and why are you taking pictures of my house?", and he took off like a bat out of hell.:confused:

No bill collectors are after me.

I do not sell drugs and am not in any kind of legal trouble, no warrants, etc.

There are no sign ordinances where I live, and regardless my sign is at least 30ft onto my property.

My paranoia meter is pegged out right about now.:(:toady::eek:

torchbearer
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
they were just making sure you get assigned to the right fema train when the time comes.
yours will end up at the furnace.

Meatwasp
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
That is creepy.

tod evans
06-29-2012, 11:07 AM
They're coming to take me away.....Ha-ha ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Bern
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Did you get the vehicle's license plate?

coastie
06-29-2012, 11:13 AM
they were just making sure you get assigned to the right fema train when the time comes.
yours will end up at the furnace.

Bullshit, I reserved a spot in the gas de-lousing chamber...and, besides-don't they just kill those that refuse to go?;)

No, I didn't get license plate, it happened really quick and he was in the act of getting back into the car when I addressed him, he was already half away around the corner and I couldn't have gotten it either way without breaking into a dead sprint.

JK/SEA
06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
approx. where are you located?...north, south, east, west, NW, NE SW SE?...

coastie
06-29-2012, 11:33 AM
The Dirty South. Panama City Beach, FL, to be exact, in Bay County,we're considered county, not actually a part of PCB, if that makes sense.

XNavyNuke
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
That's really weird. If you're lucky, it just a nosy neighbor with a grudge. I had one of those in Tallahassee. He called me into the county zoning because my tomatoes were too tall. Thought they were weeds.

XNN

JK/SEA
06-29-2012, 11:45 AM
The Dirty South. Panama City Beach, FL, to be exact, in Bay County,we're considered county, not actually a part of PCB, if that makes sense.

thankyou..just curious. I'm in the NW corner. Washington State. Any ideas of what took place yet?...I don't have any signs in my yard. Only a sticker on my truck canopy that says RON PAUL WAS RIGHT.....goodluck.

TonySutton
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
just verifying the gps coordinates, nothing to worry about. move along...

tfurrh
06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe a neighbor mad that you still have a political sign up after the election. Are you in a Homeowner Association, or does the city have any zoning regulations regarding political signs? If no & no, then extremely creepy.

donnay
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Could be the whole state is being watched by scouts (brownshirts) since the convention is in Florida?

Pretty darn creepy, nonetheless.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
http://bluntobject.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/get-off-my-lawn.jpg

DerailingDaTrain
06-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Call the police department and Sheriff's department and ask them if they had any officers near your residence taking pictures for any reason. If you aren't selling drugs or doing anything illegal then they probably wouldn't mind telling you.

coastie
06-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll try to answer all of the questions at once here.

1. No Homeowner's Assoc, one of the only neighborhoods that doesn't have one in the area. F*ck a Home Owner's Assoc.

2. All of my neighbors are really cool. See #1 above.

3. No sign regulations.

4. No nosy neighbors at all, see #1 and #2.

So, we're still stuck at creepy. Damn it.

coastie
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Call the police department and Sheriff's department and ask them if they had any officers near your residence taking pictures for any reason. If you aren't selling drugs or doing anything illegal then they probably wouldn't mind telling you.

No thanks, I limit my contact with those fools to when I get "randomly" pulled over.

coastie
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
http://bluntobject.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Lol, he wasn't on my lawn though, he literally just stepped out of the car and stood there.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Lol, he wasn't on my lawn though, he literally just stepped out of the car and stood there.

Mrs. AF may have had it pegged then.

Local Brownshirts fanning out from the Tampa insanity.

DerailingDaTrain
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
No thanks, I limit my contact with those fools to when I get "randomly" pulled over.

Well, it's the only way you're going to find out if it's the cops, unless they show up one day and arrest you.

donnay
06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Well, it's the only way you're going to find out if it's the cops, unless they show up one day and arrest you.

Oh yes he calls the cops and they confess they have teams out to surveillance people. :rolleyes:

sparebulb
06-29-2012, 12:47 PM
You, your children, your wife, and your dog, may pay the price for calling the cops.

Liberty_Mike
06-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Maybe it was a national pollster writing down the addresses of places not to call so they can manipulate the polls! :D

DerailingDaTrain
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh yes he calls the cops and they confess they have teams out to surveillance people. :rolleyes:

He said he isn't doing anything illegal. Citizens who aren't doing anything illegal are people who can call the police department and even walk in and speak with someone (shocker)

Acala
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
You can all put away the tin foil hats. The OP is likely in violation of the Bay County Land Development Regulations, chapter 30. See, specifically, 3003 paragraph 15. So what he saw was probably an inspector, or a self-appointed sign code nazi, and a Notice of Violation or citation will be forthcoming.

donnay
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
He said he isn't doing anything illegal. Citizens who aren't doing anything illegal are people who can call the police department and even walk in and speak with someone (shocker)

You obviously haven't been paying attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y47wL19mUVY

Danke
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Call the police department and Sheriff's department

Yes, yes, call them.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, yes, call them.

You are a bad man.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
You can all put away the tin foil hats. The OP is likely in violation of the Bay County Land Development Regulations, chapter 30. See, specifically, 3003 paragraph 15. So what he saw was probably an inspector, or a self-appointed sign code nazi, and a Notice of Violation or citation will be forthcoming.

Somehow, that's even worse.

Yay, freedumb.

Danke
06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
You are a bad man.

Are you home or on a trip?

coastie
06-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Hmmm, I'll have to look at it-and I could give two shits either way, because the sign aint coming down.

Wait a minute..... I know what trucks those guys drive, and their vehicles are ALWAYS marked with the Bay County Seal.

And here I thought you solved the puzzle. Damn it.

Acala
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Somehow, that's even worse.

Yay, freedumb.

It's bad enough, that's for sure.

Acala
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to look at it-and I could give two shits either way, because the sign aint coming down.

Wait a minute..... I know what trucks those guys drive, and their vehicles are ALWAYS marked with the Bay County Seal.

And here I thought you solved the puzzle. Damn it.

Like I said, self-appointed sign code nazis. Those are people with no life who drive around and take note of sign code violations "for the public good" and report it.

They may or may not cite you. Often the inspectors regard the sign code nazis as just a pain in the ass making more work for them. But if you get cited, and if they proceed, things will get ugly. An order will issue, you will be held in contempt, and eventually, they will bring you to court in irons.

As someone with intimate knowledge of the system you are probably going to get involved in, I suggest the following.

Rather than just being blind stubborn and getting yourself shot, try gaming the system. If they come and give you an nov or a citation, be polite and say you will take down the sign. In fact, take it down while the inspector is there. Then keep it down for a couple weeks. Then put it back up. The sign nazi will be back around eventually. Then the process goes around again. See how many times you can do it before they issue a citation. Always be polite to the inspector. Be as nice as you can. If you are polite to the inspector you might be able to drag it out for years. If you are rude to the inspector, he will go out of his way to make it difficult for you and the fun part will be over real fast.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Are you home or on a trip?

Pfffttt...like I'd tell you.

With your GF right over your shoulder.

http://letters.ocregister.com/files/2010/11/janet-300x225.jpg

Danke
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Pfffttt...like I'd tell you.

Next time I fly over I'll just look for the minivan in the driveway.

JK/SEA
06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
just put a Mitt sign next to it. Problem solved.

Kluge
06-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Would it be normal for them to take off when spotted like that?

Acala
06-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Would it be normal for them to take off when spotted like that?

Not for an inspector (who the OP correctly notes would be in a County vehicle), but a little busy-body fink? Probably.

Kluge
06-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Not for an inspector (who the OP correctly notes would be in a County vehicle), but a little busy-body fink? Probably.

Just was thinking about his comment that the vehicle almost looked sort-of official.

cjm
06-29-2012, 04:03 PM
...didn't notice if he was armed.(I was, of course)

+rep. just because.

coastie
06-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Just was thinking about his comment that the vehicle almost looked sort-of official.

Well, I just talked to one of my neighbors, she said she saw that car speeding down the road earlier around the time I questioned his presence. I asked her if he stopped. She says, "no, he was hauling ass and never stopped".

This is a problem, because he would've passed by numerous signs to cite or whatever on his way out. My neighborhood is a big, almost 1/2 mile long oval- with one way in/out. Most people instinctively drive down the right side of the "oval" because of how the access road leads into it, and I live at the "bottom" of the oval, which means most "outsider" cars almost always drive from my right to left. This is the direction he took, and went out the other way of the oval. What I'm getting at it, he left the hood in the direction that completes the oval-where there are numerous political signs-and never stopped at those.

Frickin weird.

kathy88
06-29-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd drive down to the county courthouse and look for the Crown Vic. Then follow the dude and see what office he goes in.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd alert all of the neighbors and tell them to be on the watch.

I would inform the police as well(not 911) to be on the lookout.

coastie
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I'd drive down to the county courthouse and look for the Crown Vic. Then follow the dude and see what office he goes in.

Ha...which one down there is his?:p

I don't remember seeing a yellow license plate, which is on all county/state cars(except for the undercover cars.) in Florida.

I think it's just possibly some random idiot now, I don't think anyone I'd have to worry about would be that sloppy about doing what he did, I mean it was pretty far along into the day where everyone could see him, and I seriously doubt if he was working in some sort of official capacity he would have took off like that. I didn't approach him with hostility, there was no reason for him to react like he did, like he was caught doing something wrong.

I'll just keep an eye out, mrs. coastie is packing a little more often now than she usually does, so that makes me feel a little better. Both kids are good shots, too, just in case it's some sort of Creeper Guy, or something.;)

coastie
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
I'd alert all of the neighbors and tell them to be on the watch.

I would inform the police as well(not 911) to be on the lookout.

Already told the neighbors, f*ck the police around here. Besides, I've seen a hundred cars like that around here, and I doubt the white guy that's dressed nice driving one is going to pique their interest. They're much more concerned with pot growers and smokers around here, far greater threat to the public, you know.

QuickZ06
06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Next time throw out a spike strip before he runs.

phill4paul
06-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't sweat it coastie. Your armed, your wife is (generally) armed and your kids can shoot.
Something to be aware of but not worth burnin' the midnight oil up with worry over.

LibForestPaul
06-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I heard an anonymous caller to police spotted a crown vic with tinted windows and a suspicious man casing housing and attempting to conceal what looked like a knife and crowbar...just saying.

Carson
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll try to answer all of the questions at once here.

1. No Homeowner's Assoc, one of the only neighborhoods that doesn't have one in the area. F*ck a Home Owner's Assoc.

2. All of my neighbors are really cool. See #1 above.

3. No sign regulations.

4. No nosy neighbors at all, see #1 and #2.

So, we're still stuck at creepy. Damn it.

Personally I sort of favor "Creppy".

WhistlinDave
06-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Are you sure he was taking pics of your sign? Is the sign in front of the house, so if he was taking pics of the house it might look like he was taking them of the sign instead? Just curious.

There is one possibility I haven't seen anyone mention yet... If somebody in the area is selling or refinancing their home, and your home is used as a "comparable" for their appraisal, then an appraiser might come take a photo or three of your property. Did you purchase your property in the last 6 months?

coastie
06-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Are you sure he was taking pics of your sign? Is the sign in front of the house, so if he was taking pics of the house it might look like he was taking them of the sign instead? Just curious.

There is one possibility I haven't seen anyone mention yet... If somebody in the area is selling or refinancing their home, and your home is used as a "comparable" for their appraisal, then an appraiser might come take a photo or three of your property. Did you purchase your property in the last 6 months?

No, I built this house 9 years ago. My neighbor just sold hers-but the appraiser has already been by, that's been a done deal for at least a month now, new peeps move into it August 1st.

He held the camera somewhat at his groin area, making sure he got both the house and the RP sign in the shot-but mostly the sign from that perspective. As I mentioned earlier, he shook his head a little in what looked like disgust, almost like "those damn Ron Paul supporters" type thing, at least that's how I took it. Maybe I'm stretching that a bit, but he did shake his head.

I dunno, maybe just an overzealous sign Nazi as others have mentioned...I guess we'll see if anything weird happens. But Code Enforcement is somewhat of a novelty in this neighborhood, and they drive little white Ford Rangers.

Well, we're all locked and loaded and buttoned up for the night, hopefully he doesn't have any nefarious intentions-not that it'd matter what night/day he stopped by.:cool:

liberdom
06-29-2012, 10:05 PM
So, where I was standing, it's impossible to see me from the road if you were driving down it. I noticed a car coming down the road-and then I noticed he never re-appeared around what was blocking my view. I walk down towards my driveway to see if he's stopped in front of my house or at my neighbors, and the guy is taking a picture of my RP sign in my front yard, then starts writing something down, visibly shaking his head in "disgust" while doing so- and the guy looks "official"-even driving a Crown Vic with black out windows, nice shirt/pants, didn't notice if he was armed.(I was, of course)

I yelled out, "Hey, can I help you, and why are you taking pictures of my house?", and he took off like a bat out of hell.:confused:

No bill collectors are after me.

I do not sell drugs and am not in any kind of legal trouble, no warrants, etc.

There are no sign ordinances where I live, and regardless my sign is at least 30ft onto my property.

My paranoia meter is pegged out right about now.:(:toady::eek:

wasn't me, and he did nothing illegal.

Roxi
06-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Yep, that's definitely creppy.
;)

Anti Federalist
06-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Yep, that's definitely creppy.
;)

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

coastie
06-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Well, we're still here.:)

WhistlinDave
06-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe put out one of those "This Property is Protected by Smith and Wesson" signs with the picture of the gun on it? LOL Just a thought.

I'm thinking maybe it's just some Romneybot blogger getting content for some idiotic story they're writing or something. Definitely a little creepy though, not knowing.

coastie
06-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe put out one of those "This Property is Protected by Smith and Wesson" signs with the picture of the gun on it? LOL Just a thought.

I'm thinking maybe it's just some Romneybot blogger getting content for some idiotic story they're writing or something. Definitely a little creepy though, not knowing.

That's what I'm going with. Been out front all day today, nobody weird, and as a matter of fact,a local guy running for Land Appraiser was riding his bike through my hood, saw the RP sign and it was on from there.:D Definitely voting for this guy in November, he knew even more about what's going on than I thought I did!! There is hope after all.

Bosco Warden
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Whatever it is, youre going to want to get your "give away" snug's, and your "keeper's" separated about now.

Who knows, they can raid your place, take your snug's, and apologize later, which wont mean anything but you still will have a heck of a time getting your property back.

I am also not sure having an RP sign up is still that important, the lines have been drawn, now we wait for the convention.

Just my opinion.

coastie
06-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Whatever it is, youre going to want to get your "give away" snug's, and your "keeper's" separated about now.

Who knows, they can raid your place, take your snug's, and apologize later, which wont mean anything but you still will have a heck of a time getting your property back.

I have no idea wtf you just said there.

I am also not sure having an RP sign up is still that important, the lines have been drawn, now we wait for the convention.

Just my opinion.

It's important to me, because this ship is sinking faster and faster everyday, and I do have a sliver of hope that people are waking up-and they are, but not quite fast enough. Do we want to awake significant numbers, or not? What lines are drawn? I do not adhere to arbitrary borders, and any lines that are drawn in this case are indeed arbitrary. Ron Paul-the name- is becoming synonymous now with stopping the shit the President and Congress are currently doing, and I'm even hearing people that would never utter his name now saying if he gets to the general, that's who they're voting for.

I've seen 7 Ron Paul bumper stickers in the last two days. 5 were on local (FLorida) vehicles, one Kentucky and one Georgia. 6 of those were seen yesterday, one this morning. Wife and her friend saw 4 more today, but they didn't catch the plates.That is highly unusual for around here. Most vacationers are from GA/AL/TN/MS/LA/KY/ areas, with hundreds of thousands changing out every week during the summer.

A local candidate for property appraiser stopped here yesterday while I was working in the front yard specifically because of the sign I even once considered taking down. We talked liberty and what's going on in the world for 45 minutes. He's got my vote.

I will not quit, I will not shut up. I will not stop trying to wake people up. I just took this for you just now in the dark:
http://www.picvalley.net/u/2648/101367568617949995211341107887i8X3pIqiFc7OIgOnBEr2 .JPG (http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2648/101367568617949995211341107887i8X3pIqiFc7OIgOnBEr2 .JPG)

:p

Kluge
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I have no idea wtf you just said there.

I'm pretty sure I interpreted that okay after a second read.