PDA

View Full Version : If the Government Can Force Me to Buy Healthcare, Why Should I Pay for Water and Food?

James Madison
06-28-2012, 10:00 PM
A simple question. If the premise that healthcare is a right, as it currently stands, is correct why must I continue to pay for food and water? Much like a hemophiliac in need of blood thickeners, or an epileptic requiring anti-seizure medication, all men, women, and children, require a source of carbon, amino acids, and vitamins. Should I lack these things my health will deteriorate, yes? The longer I go without nourishment, the worse my condition becomes. Now then, we can view food and water as a type of common, everyday healthcare. Yet, I must buy such things as I need them. Notice that I cannot get them for free despite clearly being essential to one's health. So, I would ask any individuals who feel it is the role of government to provide healthcare to all citizens why it is acceptable to deny us the most basic form of medication known to man?

Ask your statist friends this to drive them batshit insane. Fun times.:D

TheTexan
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
You should pay for water and food because they'll penalize you with a tax if you don't

liberdom
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
A simple question. If the premise that healthcare is a right, as it currently stands, is correct why must I continue to pay for food and water? Much like a hemophiliac in need of blood thickeners, or an epileptic requiring anti-seizure medication, all men, women, and children, require a source of carbon, amino acids, and vitamins. Should I lack these things my health will deteriorate, yes? The longer I go without nourishment, the worse my condition becomes. Now then, we can view food and water as a type of common, everyday healthcare. Yet, I must buy such things as I need them. Notice that I cannot get them for free despite clearly being essential to one's health. So, I would ask any individuals who feel it is the role of government to provide healthcare to all citizens why it is acceptable to deny us the most basic form of medication known to man?

Ask your statist friends this to drive them batshit insane. Fun times.:D

15% of Americans are on food stamps, but not one American is forced to eat (unless the state needs him alive as a witness or something).
So no, you don't actually need to pay for food and water, it's practically illegal in today's world to starve or kill yourself.

oyarde
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Fuck 'em James Madison , you can pitch a tepee on my stand of timber in Jennings county and snag any water you can find ;) , all I do is pay taxes on it , been there twice ;)

oyarde
06-28-2012, 11:55 PM
I picked the wrong day ( scotus ) , to have just 7 beers in the fridge , down to one now ...... , guess I will get the bottle of 100 proof vodka out, but , dang it , I am out of olives .....